"Are You Asking Her?"

Story of My Life!

Selina had felt the curiosity sweep over her again. She couldn't sleep well, and now she had panda rings under her eyes.

"What happened to you? You got in a fight?" Hebe asked. She was scorching down her late breakfast at school. Crumbs were all over her. This wasn't weird, everyone was doing it. Eating, not having crumbs all over their body.

"Yah, with the sleeping god (Chinese god that nobody has heard of)"

Hebe went off to her locker, which was downstairs. Selina was bored, so she eavesdropped on peoples' conversations.

She found some people talking to Jiro.

"Are you going to do it?" They asked.

"Ya, after school."

Another person walks by.

"Asking?"

"Ya, after school." Jiro replied again.

A group of girls walk up to Jiro, and start talking to him.

"...going out...friend...are you gonna......."

Selina was tired of listening. It would just make her more eager, so she stopped.

Selina bumped into Calvin, her ex.

"Goddamn it, watch your way, ." Calvin said.

"Whoa, no need to swear, ." She said back.

They exchanged swears until the bell rang.

"See you later, ." Calvin said.

Selina ignored him, and went to her class. She sat down, then realized she got the wrong books. Humanities instead of math. Too late to go to her locker now, she would get in trouble, and she would get locked out.

"Please take out yesterday's homework. Homework check." The teacher stared at the boys at the back.

Jiro came over and dropped a piece of paper on her desk.

Selina took a look at it, it was a piece of homework. [That wasn't what I thought it was. I thought he was going to give me a note!] Selina sighed. She flipped it over to doodle on it, but there was writing on it.

"Still wondering who?" was on it. Jiro's writing was so neat! Compared to Jiro's, Selina's was crap.

Selina looked around to find out how to reply. She just went over there.

"Yes," Selina said. Some people stared at her like she was weird.

"Soon enough... Soon enough," Jiro said.

Was that just to make her more eager?

Selina wanted school to end so badly, to see who it was. She didn't even know why she cared so much. It wasn't like it was going to be her. But sadly, school went on, as slow as ever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was gym again. It was the last period of the day. The sun was blasting out, so the teachers kicked everyone out to play.

Soccer was so crowded today, with all the basketball people, and dodge ball people, even the weight room people outside.

Selina was on Jiro's team. She would ask to find out who 'she' was. The teams were HUMONGOUS! Each team had twenty players. Selina gave up, and ditched.

Shortly after she ditched did she notice that Jiro wasn't playing soccer either.

Selina ran over to the tennis court, and pretended to play. She went to retrieve the ball at the other side of the fence, and found that Jiro and Hebe were talking.

[Awe crap, it was Hebe he was going to ask out.] Selina sighed, and pouted, but she didn't want to. It would make her look like she was jealous of her friend. She was, of course, but whatever.

Hebe ran away, leaving Jiro there. Selina popped up on him.

"SO IT WAS HEBE!" She yelled.

"Whoa, where'd you come from!?" He shouted.

"YOU WERE GOING TO ASK OUT HEBE AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME!?"

"Calm down! Wait one sec, did you hear anything?"

"Yes. No. Maybe. You still didn't tell me it was HEBE!"

"Oh my god, --so cute-- way to spoil my plan."

Hebe came running back, "She's nowh---" She spotted Selina.

"Found her," Jiro said, "Thanks, Hebe."

"What about? WILL YOU TELL ME!?" Selina screamed.

"Oh, fine. I'm not going to follow my plan anyways. Wait one sec," Jiro ran away. He came back after what seemed like a long time. He was panting.

"Well?" Selina was getting impatient.

Jiro paused. Got out a piece of paper. Crumpled that, then finally answered. "Will you go out with me?"

"WHAT!?"