What was this?

Story of My Life!

Beep! Someone messaged Selina. Selina opened up the window. It was Calvin. Calvin was Selina's boyfriend, by the way.

Lina! says:
Hey Cal, sup?

Calvin says:
. Stop calling me Cal! You know I hate it!

Lina! says:
Oh, okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Selina sensed that Calvin was pissed. He usually didn't blow up on her. Usually. And he usually said ey. He said this time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Calvin says:
You know what? Why don't we break up?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Selina froze. What the hell was this? They've only been going out for, say, two months!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lina! says:

WHAT!?

Calvin says:
Ya, you know? When people don't go out anymore. When they don't like you anymore.  I can't stand being nicknamed 'Cal', and I can't stand you, and we can't go out on weekends because of your parents, it is all to much! this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Selina couldn't believe this. How could she have not seen this side of him? What was more worse was that, Selina hated people who dumped people by text, and now, Calvin was one of them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lina! says:
you, Calvin. You are such an . I can't believe I fell for you. You don't even like me for who I am. Oh ya, well why'd you agree to go out with me in the first place? ING TER BASTARD! Fine, it's not like I  give a .
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Selina DID care though, but she still stopped talking to him. She closed the window and blocked him. Maybe he'll make fun of her afterward, but she didn't care. Selina, always the obsessive one, but this time she wouldn't show it.

She closed her computer, and stood there, and waited for the familiar sound of the system shutting off. Selina fought back tears as she walked up her stairs. Her sister, Katie, just stared at her. Of course she wondered why Selina was crying, but she didn't ask. Selina thought of an excuse for that.

"I read a manga, it's so romantic!" Selina told her sister. When her sister still didn't believe her, Selina said, "Oh, it was Fruits Basket, you read that didn't you. Good night, need to go pee." With that, Selina ran for her room, and ran into the attatched bathroom. Then she remembered that she didn't need to go.

"Oh," Katie replied softly. Selina barely heard that.

Selina found her way back into her room, through all the clothes and junk.  Selina was a messy girl, and she was always making her parents pissed because of that.  Across the room were her knitting supplies. She went over there, and picked them up. A few minutes later, Selina started knitting.

'knit one, purl one, knit two together, knit one...' Selina chanted as her hands moved swiftly, knitting. The piece of knitting was her stress reducer, but nobody knew that. They plainly thought it was a present. If you call a 5 foot long, full-of-holes, fat cloth a present.  Selina was an amateur, of course.  There even were some blood on the cloth, from ripping her scab off.  All in all, it was a rag.

Selina didn't know how long she was knitting for, but when her fingers cramped, she knew that it was well past 2 hours that she stayed in that fixed position, knitting away.  She looked at the clock, it was 1:28 am.

"Holy !"  Selina cursed. She didn't realize how tired she was.

 

She put down her knitting and jumped on her bed. Selina lied there for a minute, just breathing in the familiar smells. The bedspread was newly washed, and smelled like lavender. Her pillowcases smelled like mint. Her hair smelled... coconutty.  Selina sighed one last time before letting sleep close upon her.