The Heartbroken Ones

Love is Fate

(Author POV)

She left. Without any turn back from her, Taemin sees her walk away from him.

He opened up his hand and look at the lock pendant that she gave back to him. "It was supposed to be a perfect match."

 He then drove to a nearby bar and drunk himself with countless alcohol.

(Isabella/EunSeol POV)

"You're home! How was the date? Tell me! Tell me!" Jane started to load me with few thrillion questions as soon as I open the door.

I ignore her and went to the kitchen for a drink.

"Belle? How it goes on? Tell me please? I'm dying to know already!" Jane pestered me again.

I put down my glass and look at her with a serious face.

She immediately got the 'something's not good' sign from me.

"Why....? Did something happen?" She asked carefully this time.

"Jane...I know you care about me and Taemin...but certain things are out of your control. So can you please just do what you should do as my manager and leave me & Taemin's problem alone!" I said harshly.

She looked at me with a shocked expression, probably didn't expect me to be this angry.

"If you go and find him again without me knowing, I will request for a manager change!" I said and left to my room.

I immediately slump into my bed after everything that has happen. Tears break out right away when I recall back what I have said to him.

My heart started to pain crucially again. Yes, again.

Ever since I left him 3 years ago, this unbearable heart pain will hit me whenever I think of him.

My heart will feel suffocated and the pain won't go away until it done enough torture to me.

I held onto my heart and cry out as hard and as silently as I could until I felt asleep.

The next morning.

I woke up with a headache, after-effects from yesterday night. I pull myself out from the bed and when down to the kitchen to grab a cup of water.

I look around the kitchen and its quiet, which means Jane is still unawake yet.

 "I should make her breakfast." I said to myself since I let my anger out on her yesterday.

Half an hour later, she came down from her room and saw me walking out from the kitchen with two plates.

"Oh? You're awake? Just in time for breakfast! Take a sit, I'll go grab the coffee." I showed her the plates I'm holding with a smile.

She stood there looking at me with wide eyes.

"Why are you still standing there? Come and have breakfast." I asked when I came out from the kitchen with two cups of coffee.

 I put down the cups and shook my head at the silly girl.

I walked to her and gave her a big hug. "Paboya, I'm sorry for letting out my anger on you. I know you did that for me and I really appreciated it but some things can't be change. What I really want now is not a relationship but a successful career and I hope you will work towards the target along with me. Relationships can wait."

She kept silent for a moment before speaking. "So...you're not angry with me anymore?"

I nodded.

"You won't go tell the company to change your manager anymore?" She asked again.

I pulled away from her and messed her hair. "Silly...you have been working with me for the past 2 years. Why would I change you away? You're not only my manager but also my bestie."

Immediately, her face is lit up with a bright smile.

"Belle! I knew you won't change me off! I'm sorry for not discussing with you about yesterday. I promise I won't do such thing anymore." She then pulled me in for a tight hug.

"O....kay....Ya....Too....Tight....!" I patted her arm hardly to release me.

She let go of me and apologised cutely.

"So are we good to have breakfast now? I'm dead hungry..." I asked.

She nodded and we took our seat at the dining table.

"Woah! Superstar Isabella cooked me breakfast! I need to capture this moment! Hold on!" Immediately she rush back to her room to get her phone.

She took a photo of the breakfast I made and giggled happily. "I need to post this on Instagram!"

I shook my head and start eating my breakfast.

We chat happily like usual.

"Hey, do you wanna go shopping today?" She asked.

"Shopping sounds grea...."

*Phone Ringing*

Suddenly my phone interrupted us. Jane gestured me to pick it up.

I saw the caller ID and had a bad feeling right away.

"Hello?" I greeted cautiously.

"We need to talk. Meet me at Neighbourhood Cafe at 12pm." The caller said in monotone and ended the call.

I put down my phone and let out a deep sigh.

"Whey? What's happening?" Jane asked worriedly.

"Aniya...nothing happen. It's Jinki oppa. He wants to meet me later. I think I can't accompany you to shopping later. Sorry." I apologised.

"It's okay. We can do that other day but why do you looked bad after the call? Is he meeting you because of yesterday? Should I go with you to explain things to him?" She asked again.

I shook my head. "Nothing happen, don't worry. He didn't say why did he wanna meet me. It's fine." I reassure her.

I went back to my room after breakfast and got ready to go out.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go along with you?" Jane asked once more.

I nodded. "I will be alright. Don't worry. See you later."

I bid her goodbye and went to the cafe.

As soon as I arrived, I scanned around the cafe trying to look for the familiar face and indeed the person sitting at the quiet corner caught my attention.

I took a deep breath and walk towards him.

"Annyeong oppa." I greeted.

He looked up at me and gesture me to take a seat.

"Do you need any drinks?" He asked coldly.

I shook my head indicating I'm fine.

Both of us when into silence.

I gathered all my courage to speak up. "Oppa, what is it you want to talk to me?"

"Taemin came home yesterday completely drunk." He said looking down at his coffee.

Before I can even answer he continue.

"I assume that has something to do with you?" He looked at me this time.

I looked down feeling guilty.

He sighed. "You know, he hasn't been that drunk since 3 years ago and yesterday he came back in that state. Exactly like 3 years ago!" His voice raised but only enough to show me that he is angry.

"Mianhe..." I apologised again.

"Stop apologising already! I'm tired with your apologies! I just want to know what happen yesterday!" He hissed.

I know I can never avoid this anymore, at least not when he's angry like this. So I told him everything that happened.

After listening, he sunken back into his chair and let out another sigh.

"Look, EunSeol! I don't care why did you came back nor you signed contract with Cube. I just want you to stay away from Taemin! As far as you can! I know I'm being harsh but please, just leave him alone and don't go near him anymore!" He said with a cold tone.

I nodded in silent.

"Oppa...can I ask you something?" I asked carefully.

"What?" He replied.

"What exactly happened to him when I left...? 3 years ago?" I asked.

He gave me a cold eye with a sarcastic smile. "After yesterday's harsh words now you started to care about him again?"

"I....I....." I was stuck.

"Out of so many people, You are one who has the most no right to know what happened to my brother! You have almost killed him! That's all you need to know! So stay away from him as you promised earlier!" He warned me with a deathly glare and left the cafe.

I remained in the cafe, feeling bad and apologetic towards him. Tears again trying to squeezed their way out from my eyes but I hold them back as hard as I could.

From that day onwards, I didn't meet or contact any of the SHINee members at all. Even though Kibum and Minho oppa did contact me but I rejected all of their invites.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another update! Hope you guys enjoyed. :)))

 

Until the next chapter, XOXO. <3