Annyeong

Love is Fate

(Author POV)

"Hi...I though you wouldn't come." A familiar voice broke the silence.

She gave out a light smile. "Why wouldn't I? I'm here to meet an old friend."

His face immediately gave out a disappointed look upon hearing the word 'Friend'.

"Here, take a seat." He stood up and pull out the chair opposite of him.

"Kumowo." She thanked him.

Instead of continue on with a conversation, both of them choose to look through the menu.

(Isabella/EunSeol POV)

I hide my face behind the menu, pretending to read it as soon as we sat down.

I saw his face earlier when I told him I'm here to meet an old friend.

He is hurt by my words.

"I'm sorry." My mind apologised silently.

Moments later, a waiter came into the room and broke this death silence again.

"Hi, are you ready to order now?" He asked.

Both of us nodded and he started to take Taemin's order.

"Should I get you your usual favourite? The aglio olio pasta?" Taemin asked out of the sudden.

Aglio olio indeed was one of my favourite pasta.

---Flashback---

"Oppa! Oppa! Can we go for Italian tonight? It's been a long time since I ate them" I asked happily.

"Italian? Sure! Anything as you wish. I know an Italian Restaurant nearby that is good. Shall we go now?" Taemin answered.

I nodded happily like a kid got sweets from her mum.

He took my hand and we walk happily towards the restaurant.

"I will get a aglio olio pasta." Taemin told the waitress.

"and a carbonara spaghetti for me please. Kamsahamnida." I told the waitress as well.

We chat around happily like other normal couples until our food arrived.

"Oppa, your pasta doesn't seems to taste good. It has nothing except chilli flakes and garlice." I commented when I saw his food.

"Hey! Don't judge my food! It's delicious! You should try it." He defended his pasta.

I shook my head not agreeing with his words.

 He then curled a spoonful of his pasta and put it in-front of me. "Here. Try it."

I looked at him with a not so convincing look.

"Trust me. It's really nice. You will love it." He reassured me.

I forcefully took the pasta and ate it carefully.

Immediately my face lit up. He was right. Although the ingredients are simple, but the taste of it is really good.

"I told you it's delicious." Oppa said when he saw my expression.

"Oppa! This is really nice. I never though it will taste as good as what I thought of." I told him.

He shrugged his shoulders and gave out a winning look.

"From today onwards, this will be my favourite food." I pointed to his food and said happily to him.

---End of flashback---

"EunSeol?" "EunSeol?" Taemin called out.

"Huh?" Immediately I return to my right mind.

"Is it okay if I ordered you the Aglio Olio pasta?" He asked again.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Can I get a medium well steak instead?" I told the waiter.

The waiter took down the orders and left the room.

I looked up and saw Taemin's slight disappointed expression.

"Sorry. I have changed my taste for food for the past 3 years. The pasta somehow doesn't suit my taste anymore." I told him.

"Oh really?" He gave out a bitter laugh. "I guess things has really changes." He continue.

We continued on with random questions such as where have I been for the past 3 years and how did I became a model until our food is here.

We ate our dinner silently with occasional questions like how does the food tasted and such.

The atmosphere around the dining table is really awkward and tensed.

"I'm going to the restroom for a moment." I told him and he gave me a nod.

I quickly walk out of the room and head towards the restroom.

Immediately I let out a long relief breath that was held all the while during the dinner when I looked myself into the mirror. I can feel myself suffocating and heart tensed up.

I splashed my face with a bit cold water to regain my mind and put on some makeup back.

'Drr...~ Drr...~'

I took out my phone.

" From : Jane

Hey, How's everything going on? Hope it will be alright. Remember to follow as your heart tells you.<3 "

I put away my phone after reading the message and gave out a long sigh.

Returning from the restroom, I saw Taemin has already wore his coat and waiting for me outside of our room.

"I have settled the bill. We can go now." He told me.

I nodded and we walked out of the restaurant together.

"I guess we will go separate ways from here. Thanks for the dinner tonight. Goodnight." I thank him and ready to walk off.

"Chankanman!" He caught my hand immediately before I get to walk off.

The moment he held my hand, my whole body felt electrify. That long lost feeling. That hand that used to warm up my cold fingers.

I turned around and looked at him.

"Can you accompany me to a place?" He asked.

"Neh?" I looked at his unreadable face.

"Please?" He asked again.

I nodded.

He then drove both of us silently until we reached the place he wanted to go.

"Hangang?" I looked out of the window and asked.

He nodded and got of the car. I followed him immediately.

The weather is nice, the sky is dark enough for the moon and stars to shine bright. There isn't much people around so we didn't really have to cover ourselves up.

We just walk silently down the pathway along the river until we come to a bench and sat down.

He suddenly took his coat off and put on my shoulders.

"I'm fine...I'm not that cold." Trying to take his coat away.

"It's okay. Just put it on." He insisted.

I silently accepted the coat.

"Do you remember those days we used to come here?" He asked out of nowhere.

"Neh. During late nights. It's relaxing." I answered, focusing on the river.

"I still do come here on and off. Alone." He continued.

I didn't give him a respond this time.

"Seol, can I ask you a question?" He broke the silence again.

I nodded.

"Do you still have feelings for me?" He asked while looking straight into my eyes.

"Neh?!" I looked at him eyes wide.

"I...I....I think I have to go now. It's getting late already." Immediately I stood up and walk off after return him his coat.

I walk as fast as I can to get out of this place.

Suddenly a pair of hands wrap around me stopping me from moving.

"Saranghae." The owner of the hands spoke out.

I froze on spot right away when I heard the word.

"You have no idea how long have I been wanting to hug you like this again. You have no idea how long have I been hoping to say this three words to you again. Your face, your voice, your kiss. I have been longing to have them again. EunSeol, please come back to me. Chebal..." His voice trembles.

I bit my lips and closed my eyes. Trying not to cry. God knows how much have I been missing the hugs, kiss, voice and body from this guy behind me.

"Seol, please don't leave me anymore. I cannot afford to lose you again." He tighten his hug and speak again.

I regain my mind and try my best to lose myself from the tight hug. Turn around looking at him.

"Sorry, Taemin ssi. Our relationship has ended 3 years ago. Please don't mistaken me for tonight's date. I came because you are once my friend." I said firmly.

"Seol ah...please don't be like that." He pleaded and held my hand.

I shook off his hand. "Taemin ssi, please don't be like that. I have moved on and now I really hope that we can be friends again."

"Moved on? Be friends?" He said with a bitter laugh.

"If you have moved on, why are you still wearing the necklace!? Whey!?" He pointed right on my necklace.

"I...." Out of words, I couldn't fight back.

"Seol ah, I know you still love me. You still have me. Jane has told me everything. So why can't you just admit it? If you still worry about the issue 3 years ago, it's nothing. My fans have forgotten about it. We can start all over again and date openly like every other idol does." He held me in his arms and pleaded.

It actually rips my heart to see him like that. I can't make the same mistake as what we did back in 3 years ago. I can't let him do this again.

I sighed and removed his hands from my arms.

"Taemin, look! I don't know what have Jane told you, but I can assure you, none of what she said is true! It's been god damn 3 years! How have I not gotten over you!? I even dated someone else before I came to Korea! Believe it or not, that's the fact! If you think this necklace still brings you hope, here, you can have it back." I remove the necklace he gave me and put it into his hand.

"We are friends now. If you can't accept the truth, then I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have come meeting you tonight. Sorry. Goodbye." I said my goodbye harshly and walk off not turning back.

I speed up my footstep as fast as possible, hoping that he won't be anywhere near me before my tears roll down.

"Taemin oppa...I'm really sorry....Really really sorry....Please don't forgive me..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, guys! This is today's update!

The reason I named this chapter Annyeong is because it has two meaning. One for Hello and One for Goodbye which I think fits well with the storyline. So I hope you guys like this chapter too... :))

 

Until the next chapter! Xoxo.