Denial

Worth the Pain

Kai’s P.O.V

I woke up at 6am, and tried to force myself back to sleep. I lay helplessly on the bed, my eyes wide open and looking at the ceiling. That was when the memories of my date with Minah came back, and I realized how fast my heart was beating when I thought of her.

Snap out of it, Jongin. This was all just a dare. You’re the famous playboy remember?

I forced my thoughts of Minah out of my head and sat up. I needed to stop these feelings from developing; otherwise I’ll look like a total loser to Kris. I need to find someone new.

Yes, that’s it.

If I find another girl, I’ll probably just move on to her and forget all this nonsense going on in my mind. But a month hadn’t passed so I couldn’t leave Minah yet according to the dare, damn. I’ll just two- time, it’s not my first time anyway.

---

I avoided Minah when I saw her at school. I walked around the corridors hurriedly, trying to find a girl that seemed suitable enough to use. That was when I saw Hyuna being surrounded by guys who seemed to flirt rather intimidatingly. Hmm, I guess Hyuna isn’t a bad choice.

“Hey guys, piss off,” I ordered, glaring at them threateningly with hands in my pockets. “She’s mine.”

“O-oh, Kai. Sorry, I didn’t know,” one of the guys said anxiously. “Let’s go,” he muttered to his friends before shamefully walking off.

“Kai? What did you just say?” Hyuna burst out, unsure if she had heard correctly. “How am I YOURS?!”

“You’re mine, Kim Hyuna,” I stated, smirking.

“Uhhh, no I’m not,” she uttered quietly.

Yep, she’s falling for me all over again.

I leaned closer to her, until our faces were only a few centimetres apart.

“Go out with me,” I whispered.

“But you have Min-“

“Shhh,” I interrupted, holding a finger to her lips.

I grabbed her wrist and led her to a quieter place. I held her shoulders and pushed her gently onto the wall.

“Dating Minah was all just a dare from Kris. I don’t even have feelings for her,” I exaggerated, wondering if this was the truth or not. “But I want you to be my actual girlfriend, Hyuna.”

I swiped a hair off Hyuna’s face, reminding me of the time I had done the exact same thing to Minah.

No, don’t think about her.

“C’mon babe,” I tempted as I her cheeks. “We can be happy together publicly when the dare ends after the month. I can’t let her know since I’ll lose the bet, alright?”

“Alright,” Hyuna accepted. “But give me a kiss to show me you love me.”

I hesitated for a moment, but decided to go with it. I leaned in and gave her a long and passionate kiss.

That should be enough.

“See?” I said with a smile. “Thanks babe, make sure no one finds out.”

She nodded and I took a step back, content with my achievements. But deep in my heart I knew that that kiss felt different from Minahs, I just didnt know how.

Hyuna’s P.O.V

I can’t believe Kai just asked me out, he’s probably liked me all along. I couldn’t wait to see Minah again. To see that gullible face suffer in pain for someone who she thought liked her. What an idiot.

I waited behind the school with my group of friends as always for Minah. They had miraculously appeared after disappearing for some time, leaving me to deal with those pesky boys. Well, luckily Kai had saved me. I was in a good mood, but that wouldn’t mean I would let her off that easily. She passed the corner slowly and looked at me with those big innocent eyes of hers.

That won’t work on me.

“Come here,” I gestured menacingly.

She took slow steps towards me and I began to get irritated.

“Hurry up you !” I yelled in annoyance.

She sped up her pace, only to have been met by a slap to the face which sent her to the ground.

“You deserved that you ugly piece of ,” I said, as I kicked her in the ribs.

She groaned loudly and crawled into a ball.

“Please…go easy on me…” she uttered. “I’m not healed yet.”

I laughed out loud in amusement. Did she really think I would take pity on her?

“Do whatever you guys want, I don’t give a ” I muttered under my breath, but they had heard clearly.

I didn’t want my mood to be ruined so I decided to let my team do all the work. Propping myself on the school fence, I watched in glee as they kicked and punched her till she had even bled to an extent. They were too absorbed to even hear me say “that’s enough.” Well, whatever. I jumped off the fence and smiled, hearing her cry in pain as i headed home.

That stupid girl is doing all this for Kai. What a loser.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you comment or subscribe or even better both!