Tears

Worth the Pain

Minah stood frozen at her spot, unable to decipher if what she saw was an illusion or reality. Her hands began to tremble and she fought back a whimper as she watched the scene in front of her. Hyuna was pushed against the wall with her eyes tightly shut and Kai was forcing his lips on hers roughly. Hyuna’s hands were on Kai’s chest in an attempt to struggle against his grasp, but he remained steady like a wall. Minah accidently let out a quiet yet audible sob, catching the attention of Kai whose head had turned in an instant. Their eyes met and there was a moment of silence as blood continued to drip from Minah’s hand.

“Minah?” Kai’s eyes widened in shock when he scanned Minah’s body and noticed her awful condition.

Minah’s eyes darted around and her chest heaved heavily as she began to panic. She took a step back in a hurry, only to find her ankle emitting huge pain from the pressure. She let out a gasp before falling. Minah didn’t know what was happening, but her instincts told her to run. She scrambled up to her feet frantically and began to run as fast as she could, ignoring the pain. She ran blindly, her body aching from the movement, but she didn’t care. Minah turned the corner, only to find herself smashing into a bodily figure. Luhan jumped back in surprise, but only after closely examining the face did he recognise who she was.

“Oh my god, Minah!” he gasped when he looked at the girl trembling in his arms. He felt a wet and sticky substance covering his hand, and realized blood was seeping from Minah’s arm. Minah stopped shaking and her eyes closed before her head landed gently on his shoulder.

“Minah! Come back!” Kai shouted from a distance and Luhan had grasped the situation. Well, not entirely, but enough to know that Minah was trying to escape from Kai. He lifted her in a rush and carried her to a nearby room.

‘Thank god they leave these outdoor rooms unlocked,” Luhan thought as he twisted the knob and entered the small building.

He closed the door gently and rested Minah on the carpet. Luhan had no idea what was going on. One of Minah’s eyes were swollen, her face was covered with bruises and lines were etched into her arms that gushed out tons of blood. Kai’s face passed by the windows as he ran in search for Minah as he called her name. Luhan bit his lip, deep in thought at what to do. He waited a few minutes before lifting Minah with much care and walked out the door.  Luhan’s house was only a few minutes away, and he decided it would be best to bring her home with him.

Luhan ran through the streets when he saw Minah’s arm still bleeding a horrific amount of blood. A car stopped in front of them and offered a lift, but Luhan waved him off knowing that his house wasn’t far and the kind man wouldn’t want blood in his car. After a few minutes, he arrived home and placed Minah on the sofa, whose head lolled to the side. Luhan bent down and placed his hands on his knees, trying to regain his breath.

First aid… where did I put it?

Luhan basically went through his entire house, opening every drawer he could see. He sighed when he found it and hurried back to Minah, grabbing a cloth on the way. Luhan knelt beside the unconscious girl and started to dab the cloth over her arms to soak the blood. He put some antiseptic over the cuts, glad that Minah wasn’t awake to feel the sting. Then he pulled out some bandages and started wrapping it around her arms. He also attended to her face and legs where there were noticeable cuts. When the job was done, Luhan leant back and collapsed on the floor, tired from everything that had just happened.

Who did this to her? Why was she running away from Kai?

There was so much Luhan wanted to ask but he had to keep his curiosity in till Minah awoke.

---

“Mmmmm,” Minah groaned, as she opened her eyes to unfamiliar surroundings. She blinked in confusion before looking down and spotting Luhan sleeping peacefully on the ground. Then the memories flooded back and she remembered Kai kissing Hyuna and how everything just seemed so unreal. But looking at her arms bandaged thickly, she knew. She knew that everything that she remembered was real and tears sprung to her eyes. It wasn’t even Hyuna forcing a kiss on Kai. It was Kai himself forcing a kiss on Hyuna. Does that mean he likes her? Was our relationship all just a lie?

Minah swiped at her eyes but nothing could stop the tears that began to run. Why Kai? Can’t you see I’m like this because of you? Her arms throbbed in pain but she didn’t care. She let out a muffled cry as she covered to try to not awaken her saviour. But it was too late. Luhan slowly got up, blinking slowly before he snapped awake.

“M-minah, are you ok?” he asked awkwardly as he went to kneel beside her.

“Ughhh,” Minah let out as she burst out crying further.

Luhan looked a bit flustered. “Ummm, would you mind telling me what happened?”

Minah stopped sobbing for a moment and looked at Luhan. She figured he deserved to know about Kai, but not necessarily about the bullying.

“K-k-Kai,” she stuttered violently.

Luhan sat patiently and smiled.

“He… he was kissing Hyuna.”Minah let out a small hiccup. “He saw me and ran after me…but I didn’t want him to see me like this.”

“Hmm.” Luhan seemed a bit confused.

Minah noticed and mentally slapped herself.
“Ummm… I’m Kai’s girlfriend. At least, that’s what I thought.” She further explained but her voice quivered on the last sentence.

Luhan nodded and said, “How did you get those injuries then? They were really bad and I can’t imagine who would do this.”

Minah looked taken aback and after a moment of thought she answered carefully. “Sorry, I’d rather not talk about that.”

Luhan nodded again and stood up. “Would you like anything to drink?”

“Yes please,” Minah replied with a faint smile.

Luhan poured a glass of water before returning and holding the glass out to Minah. Minah had already placed herself in an upward position and she reached out to hold the cup. Luhan pulled the cup away quickly after noticing how her hands trembled. Minah looked in confusion with her arms still outstretched for the glass.

“I think it would be a better idea if you didn’t hold it,” Luhan said.

Luhan sat on the edge of the sofa, holding the glass to Minah’s lips. “Here.” She hesitated before taking a sip. Minah sputtered before leaning back.

“Thanks Luhan.”

Luhan felt his cheeks heating up before he quickly turned back towards the sink. , why am I blushing?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Omggg is Luhan going to develop feelings for Minah? Dun dun dun dunnnnnnn *dramatic music*

Thank you to all my readers and I was sooo happy when I gained 7 subscribers from my previous chapter. Thank you all to my subscribers *gives bearhug*

Did you guys like my first person writing or my third person writing better? I kind of felt awkward writing in 3rd person idk.

Feel free to leave a comment or subscribe XP