The Date II

Worth the Pain

Kai’s P.O.V

I looked at our fingers interlocking each other, surprised at how snugly they fit. Minah realized and quickly pulled away.

“Oh, s-sorry,” she muttered apologetically. “I didn’t realize becau-“

“It’s fine,” I interrupted, grabbing her hand and holding it tightly. “We’re dating, remember?”

I saw her smile before she took a bite of the candy floss, getting some on her nose. I instinctively reached out and wiped it off, laughing at her stunned reaction.

What am I doing?

“O-Oh, thanks,” she mumbled happily.

We approached the teacups, only to find the line was longer than expected. Children bustled with excitement to their parents, and I couldn’t help but wish that I had spent time like that with mine when I was young.

“The line looks a bit long…” I said carefully.

“Yeah…” Minah agreed. “Let’s go to a different ride,” she suggested, smiling, but I could tell it was forced.

As we began to look for another ride, I saw her puffing her cheeks and pouting.

“How cute,” I thought.

Minah’s P.O.V

I was disappointed that we were unable to go on the teacups. It was my favourite ride when I was young, and it reminded me of happy memories when my family was still together. I decided to shrug it off, knowing that every ride would be a great one with Kai beside me. The sign for the safari ride caught my attention, and there wasn’t a line. My mood brightened up again.

“Kai, can we go on the safari ride?” I asked, pointing towards the sign.

“Sure,” he grinned.

I ran up to the lady in the stand, “Can we have 2 seats please?”

“Oh, I’m sorry miss,” she said. “I was just about to close for the day.”

“Oh…”I sighed.

Kai had caught up and realized what was going on. My tears began to arise but I quickly turned away. Why is nothing going right? I walked speedily to the nearby bin to throw away the finished stick of cotton candy in my hand, hoping that it would be an excuse to just escape for a moment and to hide my tears.

Kai’s P.O.V

Minah had suddenly turned away, and I knew she was fighting the urge to cry. I looked at the lady in the stand, noticing how she was staring at my face.  I smirked, causing her to blush. I’ll make this work.

“Hey babe, can’t you fit in just one more ride?” I pleaded with a wink, leaning close to her increasingly pink cheeks.

“U-umm,” she managed to say.

“I’ll pay double the price.” I offered, taking out some cash from my wallet.

She turned back and gestured for someone to come. A man appeared and she whispered in his ear before earning a nod. I quickly gave her the cash and looked back to find Minah looking in confusion.

“Follow me,” the man who had miraculously appeared next to me. “You can call me Suho.”

I grinned and grabbed Minah’s hand.

“Let’s go,” I urged, tugging her hand to follow Suho.

She beamed in delight after realizing where we were going.

“How did you do that?” she laughed.

“It’s a secret,” I answered simply, grinning proudly.

---

We began our private safari ride, watching the animals in amusement as they passed by. Minah giggled whenever the animals performed funny tricks. The car stopped at the monkey area, where Minah was given a piece of banana to feed them. She reached out with the piece of banana which the monkey had gladly taken, but I couldn’t help noticing her sleeve pulling back to reveal a dark bruise above her wrist. She realized and quickly covered it up.

“How did you get that?” I questioned worriedly.

“It’s nothing. I just fell,” she muttered, and I could tell she was uncomfortable. However, I knew a bruise like that would never happen from just a clumsy fall. I didn’t want to push on and decided it was her choice to hide it. I couldn’t help feeling concerned and it lingered on my mind.

---

The ride had finished and we were both in a happy mood. The sky had darkened into a murky dark blue and I knew it was time to go home. I walked her slowly to the entrance, prolonging the time we had together.

“I’m sorry,” I said apologetically. “We were only able to go on one ride today.”

“What are you talking about? I had so much fun with you!” she exclaimed. “You even payed for me,” she said a bit more quietly.

“That’s good then,” I chuckled.

All of a sudden, she placed herself on her tippy-toes and pecked me on the lips.

“Thank you Kai.”

She looked away in embarrassment but without thinking I placed my hands on her cheeks and pulled her in for another kiss. I released her after we were both breathless.

“See you tomorrow,” I grinned, trying to hide my own shock of what I had done.

“Y-yeah,” she stuttered, before hurrying away.

I groaned and ruffled my hair. Geez, what’s gotten into me?

Minah’s P.O.V

I began to make my way home, surprised at the extra kiss. This date made me love Kai more than before and I had discovered his newfound kindness. He was so sweet and caring and he was different from how he was at school. I decided to myself that I would never let Hyuna or anyone hurt him. My body was beginning to wear out and I was sore in some places but that was something I could bear if it meant Kai was okay.

“I’ll protect you Kai,” I thought to myself, knowing his love was worth the pain.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Yay this chapter is a bit longer than others! Adorable sukai for you <3

Have you seen EXO's Christmas day performance live?? It's amazing *cries*

Please comment and/or subscribe!