Kiss

Worth the Pain

I began to walk home after I gathered my books. What the hell does she want anyway? It’s not like I would ever end up with Kai in the first pla-

“Hey,” a manly voice interrupted my thoughts.

I looked up to see Kai grinning as he leant against the concrete wall of the school.

“H-hi,” I stuttered in shock.

Did Kai just talk to me? Is he standing less than a meter away from me?

“Come with me,” he said, grabbing my wrist and leading me somewhere.

Oh my god, he’s touching me! He stopped at a secluded place at the back of the school, turned to me and pushed me against the wall.

“Go out with me”

“E-Excuse me?” I squeaked.

“I said go out with me,” he repeated, smirking.

I had almost screamed yes on impulse until I had realized the consequences. Kai is one of the most famous playboys in the school and the crazy girls would never let me continue my peaceful school life. He's probably going to dump me just like his other previous girlfriends anyway. I sighed.

He looked at me in an expression filled with shock and disbelief.

“Did you just sigh? Are you really going to reject ME?! THE Kim Jongin?” Kai boasted.

“I didn’t say anything! It’s just…“ I fretted.

“Oh c’mon, there’s nothing to lose. Shouldn’t you say yes if your crush asks you out?”

“What? How did you kno—“ My sentence was interrupted when his lips smashed onto mine. I didn’t resist, I couldn’t. Our lips parted and he looked at me, pleased.

“I take that as a yes” he laughed as he walked away, leaving me frozen to my spot. He kissed me. Oh my god. What have I gotten myself into?

---The next day---

I arrived at school, looking at the ground to hide my face from other students. I couldn’t sleep for the entire night, causing my eye bags to darken dramatically. I felt myself shoved from behind. I turned around quickly and cautiously, only to find that Eunji was fooling around.

“Haha what’s gotten into you?” she joked, only to notice my dark circles. “Your eyes-“

“Yeah, yeah I know,” I sighed. “They’re horrible.”

“I’ll lend you my concealer if you want.”

“Concealer? Why would you have concealer when you don’t even care about brushing your hair?” I grumbled.

“I don’t mind messy hair or glasses, but what I absolutely can’t stand are pimples!” she explained, hooking her arm around my shoulder and leading me to the bathroom.

After I successfully covered my eye bags with the help of Eunji's concealer, I gathered my belongings and headed to the classroom. On the way, I saw Kai chatting amongst his friends whilst walking through the corridors. I walked quickly with my head down in an attempt to stay unnoticed, but I knew that I was unsuccessful when a hand landed on my shoulder.

“Hey Minah,” Kai greeted shamelessly.

“H-hey,” I replied, embarrassed from all the stares.

Kai held both my shoulders and spun me around to face his friends. I immediately blushed, giving a slight bow to the group of guys in front of me.

“Who’s she?” the group muttered in curiosity, all but one. Kris was standing at the back, smirking.

“My girlfriend, Minah,” Kai announced, much louder than necessary.

Guys and girls began to gather into a circle surrounding the situation. The corridors began to get noisy and I noticed Hyuna fuming on the side.

“Kai’s got another girlfriend?”

“Isn’t this his 26th one?”

“Why would he choose THAT girl out of all the others?”

My face began to grow redder each second as I attempted to escape his grasp. Tears began to pool in my eyes as I used all my strength to shake his hands off. I ran with all I had, unable to believe what just happened. I’m his girlfriend? Why would he do that? What a jerk. But my heart was beating so fast from his touch. 

I reached a corner and decided to take a break. My breath was uneven and rasped, tears beginning to flow down my cheeks. I heard Hyuna walk down the corridor, complaining to her friends in an angry tone.

“I will ing find that , and I will kill her,” she swore. “She better not let me find her.”

I held my breath, hoping that that would help in keeping me silent. The footsteps came closer and closer, her heels clicking loudly. I walked backwards unconsciously, only to find that I had knocked into a shelf. .

Hyuna and her group appeared in front of me, their heads turning into my direction. Hyuna smirked, her eyes like lasers. I turn around to run but it was too late. A hand grasped my hair and I was pulled away.

“Let me go!” I pleaded in horror.

“Let’s hope you can still breathe by the end of today,” she barked, tightening her grip on my hair.