The end and a new beginning

Worth the Pain

5 days had passed and Minah had still not woken up. Kai sat gloomily at the cafeteria table, picking at his food. His appetite was lost for the last few days. He was losing hope and getting more depressed each day. Who knew when Minah would wake up, it could be weeks, months, years even. Kai sighed for the hundredth time that day.

The boys sitting at his table noticed his mood and looked at each other in concern.

“Hyung, you should eat more before you get sick,” Sehun said, giving the group a glimpse of his caring side.

The others smiled at the maknae’s rare behaviour.

“Yeah, you don’t want to be sick in bed when Minah wakes up. What if you can’t go and see her?” Chen added.

Kai looked at them and gave a small smile. “Yeah. I guess I should eat more huh?”

Kai place a large spoonful of rice in his mouth before chewing it at an unbelievably slow pace. The group sighed as they realized the amount Kai was going to eat was still going to be a minuscular amount. They all exhaled and continued eating their lunch.

---

Kai was sitting in maths class as Mr Do stood at the front, teaching a new maths formula. He couldn’t bring himself to focus on his studies and looked out the window. He watched the clouds as they drifted across the blue canvas, merging with others puffs of white. He looked at the phone he was clutching underneath the table and almost as if on cue, it began to vibrate.

His eyes widened as he noticed that the caller ID was unknown. By now the class’s attention was turned to him as they heard the all too common sound of a phone vibrating.

Please, please, please

The attention of the students and Mr Do was the least of his concerns as he pressed the green answer button.

“Hello?” he said quickly.

“Hello this is Seung-il Hospital”

Kai’s heart skipped a beat.

“Are you the guardian of the patient, Park Minah?”

“Yes, yes I am.”

“We are happy to advise you that she has woken up and-“

Kai jumped up from his seat, his chair pushing back to make a loud screeching noise. He couldn’t keep the huge smile of relief forming on his face.

“I’ll be right there,” Kai said excitedly.

Kai didn’t take note of his surroundings when he ran out of the room. Students were left in utter confusion although Mr Do gave a knowing smile.

“Okay class, continuing on with the lesson.”

 

---

Kai ran through the corridors, grabbing his bag on the way so he could afford a taxi. He couldn’t stop smiling and his mind was filled with relief.

She’s awake. She’s awake!

Kai stopped before the road and waved his hand frantically to call a taxi. A taxi pulled over and Kai got in hurriedly.

“Seung-il Hospital please,” Kai said.

The taxi driver nodded, although giving a sceptical look.

 

 

Kai had arrived at the hospital and quickly gave the driver some cash without waiting for the change. He bolted out and ran towards the hospital entry. The lady at the service nodded at him in greeting after remembering his face from his several visits. This time he didn’t need to show his I.D and he ran to Minah’s room. He paused just outside and took a moment to take control of his breathing.

Carefully, he turned the doorknob and opened the door. Sitting with her back facing the door and her face looking out the window, Kai breathed in as she saw her upright figure sitting in a chair. Her beautiful brown hair cascaded down her back and her hospital gown rested baggily over her small body.

“Minah.”

Minah turned around quickly and her eyes widened at the sight of Kai.

“Kai.”

Their gazes met as they were still, almost as if time froze.

“Kai.”

“Oh my god, Minah.”

Minah carefully got up from her chair and turned her body so she was facing Kai. Kai paced towards her and pulled her into a tight embrace.

“You’re awake,” Kai said, his voice tremulous as he pressed his cheek against her head.

“You’re okay,” Minah sniffed, burying her face in the crook of Kai’s neck.

“You idiot,” Kai sobbed. “I thought I lost you forever.”

Minah smiled. “Well, I’m here now aren’t I?”

Kai pulled back and took a deep look at Minah’s face, her hair. Minah watched Kai’s expression, his eyes rimmed with tears.

“I probably look like a mess right now,” Kai croaked.

Minah wiped his tears away with her thumb and gave a hearty laugh. “But still beautiful as always,” she reassured.

Kai pulled Minah in for another hug. They stood there for a long time, taking in the others scent and the feel of the other’s body against their own.

 

----

Kai sat on the chair beside Minah’s bed, their laughs filling the room as the door whipped open. Minah watched wide eyed as a stream of people began to enter. Kris, Baekhyun, Chen, Sehun, Xiumin, Hyuna, Eunji, Luhan and the other 5 boys streamed in.

“Kai,” Minah gasped.

Kai grinned. “I called them over.”

Minah watched Hyuna and the boys who had beaten her up cautiously. Her eyes stayed alert, watching their every move.

“Relax,” Kai’s reassuring voice said. “They won’t hurt you.”

Minah looked at Kai before she released the tension in her shoulders.

Before she could say anything, Eunji had thrown herself on top of Minah.

“Minahhhh! You idiot why didn’t you say something? Wasn’t I your best friend?!” Eunji sobbed as she hugged Minah’s torso with her body lying awkwardly across the bed. Minah jolted in surprise before she smiled and began to her best friend’s hair. “Sorry Eunji-ah.”

Kris, Chen, Xiumin, Sehun and Baekhyun grinned happily at Kai who returned their happiness ten times over. Although he questioned the fact that Baekhyun was holding hands with Chanyeol. He was about to say something before Baekhyun interrupted.

“Yeah, I know, we’re dating,” Baekhyun said hurriedly, his cheeks turning pink. Chanyeol blushed as well, his elf like ears making him look like a child in love.

Kai looked at Kris for an explanation but Kris only replied with a shrug. Kai laughed and nodded approvingly at the couple. Baekhyun and Chanyeol seemed relieved at his reaction.

Minah caught Luhan standing to the side and she smiled warmly. Luhan smiled back before he quickly tugged on Eunji to get up, noticing Minah’s uncomfortable position. Eunji’s face was red from crying as she got up and pulled Luhan into a hug. Minah’s eyes widened in surprise and before she could say something, Luhan began to pat Eunji’s head naturally and all her questions were answered. She smiled in relief.

Then she looked at Hyuna and the boys with the exception of Chanyeol huddled in the corner. Hyuna looked nervous and even scared when their eyes met. Minah didn’t know what to say.

Hyuna slowly walked up to her, with most of the eyes in the room watching her every move.

“I-I’m  so sorry,” Hyuna stuttered before she began to cry.

Minah remained speechless. The boys also went up and started saying their apologies.
“I…I’m not sure if I can forgive you all yet…I might need some time. But I think I’ll get there,” Minah said, avoiding any eye contact. Kai held her hand reassuringly.

Hyuna nodded understandingly and smiled. “You don’t have to forgive me. I know that my actions will be hard to forget.”

Hyuna wiped her tears, trying to stop her crying. Kris walked over and enveloped the girl in a warm bearhug.

Minah was surprised once again, amazed to have seen all the relationships develop in the time that she was gone. She looked at Kai and smiled warmly.

 

 

 

It was the day Minah was going to get discharged. Kai held her shoulder protectively as they walked out of the hospital. Minah was back to wearing her clothes she had worn when she first entered the hospital, although now freshly clean. Kai lead her to a bench and Minah followed although in slight confusion.

“Minah,” Kai said after they both took a seat.

“Kai, what’s wrong?” Minah asked concerned.

“Minah, I don’t want you to go back to your house where you will just be alone again. I don’t want you to go through having to work part time jobs and balance school at the same time since now you don’t have your dad to support you.”

Kai paused.

“I want you to come and live with me.”

Silence.

“Kai…I can’t. I’ll just be a burden.”

“NO. I want you beside me. My parents are never home anyway. I’m alone as well. And if you’re with me we can work things out together if you don’t want to depend on my money. We’ll have each other’s company. It’s perfect.”

Minah looked at Kai’s determined eyes.

“Kai…Thank you…”

“Is that…a yes?” Kai said slowly.

Minah nodded.

Kai beamed and threw his arms over Minah. “Thank you, thank you,” he said repeatedly.

Kai pulled back before giving a small glance at Minah lips. Almost instinctively, they both leaned forward and their lips met. Their love story had only just started.

 

_______________________________________________________________________

Oh em geeeeee did i just finish this story :O FINALLY, I NEVER EXPECTED THIS TO REACH 24 CHAPTERS I WAS ORIGINALLY PLANNING 10. Thank you so much to the readers who've read this story LIKE OMG I THOUGHT NO ONE WOULD EVEN I MEAN I THOUGHT THIS STORY WOULD BE IGNORED AND LOST IN ALL THE OTHER GREAT FANFICS ahhaha so i appreciate all your love <3 thanks to all my subscribers and especially the ones who've taken their time to comment. for those who have subscribed and have been quiet all this time, maybe u can give me a your thoughts about this since its finished??? ;) ;)

OKAY so i love oyu all 

SO GLAD IM FINISHED AND I HOPE THE ENDING SATISFIED Y'ALL. SOO YERRR PLZ COMMENT!!!!!!! KK GOING NOW BYE OMFG 25K OF WRITING