The Date I

Worth the Pain

I went to the back of the school as planned after classes had ended. My hands and legs were trembling as the memory of yesterday came back of me lying in pain, all alone. I hoped Hyuna had forgotten or let me off for the day, but of course that was impossible. Just as I turned the corner, I felt a hand grab my shirt and throw me to the ground. The strength was inhumane, and it was definitely not Hyuna.

A tall and muscly guy stood towering over me, glaring. He’s a lot older than me but it didn’t surprise me that Hyuna had these types of guys too. Hyuna appeared from behind him and roughly placed her foot on my stomach.

“What did you tell her?” she growled menacingly.

“N-nothing, I told her something els- mmph,” the large hand of the man covered my mouth as I tried to speak.

“Ohhhh, something else huh?” she said in a high pitched voice sarcastically.

She slowly increased the weight on her foot, making me cringe in pain.

She turned to the man behind her. “Baby, hold her up for me please?” she asked sweetly, batting her fake eyelashes.

The man stepped forward and grabbed me by the neck. I made strangled noises as I was left with no oxygen. He lifted me and held me up to the wall firmly, my body dangling faintly. She lifted my chin and squeezed my cheeks together with one hand.

“Tell me what that ‘something else’ is,” she said, shaking my head side to side. “What else made my baby cry?”

“My… dad” I managed to say in a rasped voice.

She spat in my face before quickly kneeing me in the stomach. The man let go and my body collapsed into a heap on the dirt. Not long after, Hyuna grabbed my arm and yanked me across the rough ground. Grabbing my hair, she lifted my head and stared at my face. I was laying on my stomach, half of my body rested on the grass whilst that other half was forced upwards.

“Look at that cheap foundation,” Hyuna commented, shaking her head in a displeased manner. “It’s a bit too light for your skin don’t you think?”

It’s not my fault that I don’t want to spend a lot of money for makeup.

“Lets darken it just a bit” she giggled, grabbing a handful of dirt.

Much to my horror, she began to smear some on my face, even giving my mouth a chance to taste some dirt. She laughed at her ‘masterpiece’ and twisted my head awkwardly to show her friends. She suddenly let go of my head, and dusted her hands off.

“Well you probably didn’t tell her anyway, since… you know, I could deal with her too,” she remarked. “You look pretty good with that skin tone, dirt face.”

She laughed at her lame joke and stormed off. I was glad things were over, and they weren’t as bad as yesterday. I pick myself up with some effort and dusted my clothes off. I also remembered to pick up the books I had forgotten the other day and went to get my bag I had dropped a few meters away. With a sigh, I began my way home, trying to be positive and smiling in anticipation for the date.

---

I ran to my bathroom and stared at my reflection in the mirror. Dirt covered most areas of my face and my white shirt almost seemed as if it was originally brown. I stripped off my clothes and headed into the shower, the water at my feet almost instantly turning brown. My muscles began to relax from the hot water, but previous injuries began to sting. I remembered about the date and began to wash my hair in a hurry.

---

I’ve almost arrived at the school’s front entrance, spotting Kai waiting for me in jeans and a white shirt. I smiled; glad to know his face wasn’t the one to be covered in dirt, although his skin was already quite tanned. But his skin was what made him so y. I had thrown on tights and a long-sleeved dress, hoping it would be enough to cover up my injuries. I also had to reapply my foundation, making sure I had applied it at the right amount so I didn’t seem so cake-faced.

“Kai!” I shouted eagerly, waving my hands.

He looked up from his phone and took his earphones out.

“Hey gorgeous,” he grinned.

I blushed.

“So… where are we going? The amusement park?” I guessed.

“Hmm… I haven’t really prepared anything so if you want to go then… sure,” he said calmly.

“Kaja!”

---

When we had reached the amusement park, time had passed and the sky had darkened slightly. I was glad Kai had paid for me, since every dollar was a small portion of my wealth. Surprisingly, Kai had a lot of money. But it seems like his parents are never home since the school always refers to his ‘guardians’ when talking to him. I suddenly got excited when I saw a cotton candy stand a few metres away. But my excitement had died down when I realized I shouldn’t be spending my money on some fluffy sugar. I stared at the cotton candy longingly, as if it would’ve appeared if I had just kept staring.

“Do you want some?” Kai said, laughing at the drool appearing from the side of my mouth.

I nodded eagerly.

“Can you buy it for me?” I mumbled, slightly ashamed.

Kai chuckled and headed towards the stand and bought one.

“Here,” he said, holding the cotton candy out for me.

“Thank you so much!” I squealed, smiling from ear to ear.

Kai’s P.O.V

Minah looked way too happy for just some cotton candy. She’s actually pretty cute if you take a closer look. She suddenly held my hand and began to walk to a ride as if was the most casual thing in the world. Had the sugar gotten to her?

“I want to go on the teacups,” she said, looking up at me and smiling.

. My heart skipped a beat. Am I actually starting to like her?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading <3 I'm sorry the bullying scene was so bad, I just had the sudden idea about the dirt hahaha

Please comment because i love hearing any whether they're critical or not!