Hiding the truth

Worth the Pain

 Kai’s P.O.V

Today I’m planning to take Minah out for a date, to get her to fall further in love with me if that’s even possible. She suddenly ran off crying the other day, leaving me standing there in embarrassment. I’ll make her pay. It wasn’t even my idea to make her my girlfriend. Kris dared me to make her fall in love with me (which she already had) and dump her a month later. Yeah yeah, some people might think it’s cruel, but it’s all just fun and games for me.

I saw Minah walk through the school gate, but she seemed like a different person. I noticed a slight limp and her face looked exhausted. I shrugged it off and went up to her.

“Hey, you look tired,” I said, swiping a strand of hair away from her face.

She looked up at me, revealing her puffy and swollen eyes.

“Hey Kai,” she greeted quietly, giving a slight smile.

She stared at me for a moment before continuing her walk towards the school. I quickly followed her and grabbed her by the shoulder. She flinched and winced in pain, before turning to look at me once again.

“Yes?” she squeaked, pain flooding her expression.

I was confused since I had not put much strength when I grabbed her, but I shrugged it off again.

“You look like you need some fun in your life. Go on a date with me after school,” I demanded.

Minah’s P.O.V

Did Kai really just ask me on a date? I grinned for a moment, until I remembered about the beatings after school. But I was already so damn exhausted. This could be my one and only chance to have a date with Kai though. I’ll just have to get used to the pain.

“Okay, sure,” I agreed. “But I’ve got some business after school so give me around an hour.”

“I’ll meet you in front of the school then,” Kai said, smirking.

After Kai left, I took a deep breath, preparing myself for what was to come. I was secretly b with excitement at the thought of going on a date with him. Maybe he might actually like me?

I arrived at my locker, only to find that my lock had been broken. I opened the door slowly, unsure of what to expect. As I saw a glimpse of the inside, I quickly opened the door, mouth wide open in shock. My books were dripping with water and some of them were even ripped to an extent. I looked behind me, only to find Hyuna laughing in glee with her friends followers.

Otoke? I don’t have much money after my dad left me. He was only just humane enough to leave a few thousand in my bank account, which of course I would use sparingly for food and bills. I sighed as I began to tidy my locker, grabbing the useless wet books and throwing them in a nearby bin. Only 2 remained decent enough to keep. I grabbed one of them and a pencil, and headed to class.

In history class, (oh the dreaded HISTORY class), rubbers and scrunched paper balls were thrown at my head when the teacher’s back was turned. Hyuna had even kicked my chair repeatedly using her long legs under the table behind me. I was unable to concentrate in class and ended up attending a stupid class where I only learned what a Hyuna could be.

As I was leaving class, Hyuna yanked my hair and shoved me into a guy before walking off..

“I’m so sorry, sorry!” I apologized as I steadied myself.

“It’s okay,” the boy named Luhan replied with a smile. “I felt bad for you in class. I really hate Hyuna and her ways.”

“Y-yeah,” I stuttered. “Bye” I waved awkwardly as I headed to the canteen, hearing him chuckle in the distance.

---

I placed my tray on the table Eunji was sitting on. She looked up at me, concerned.

“Hey… Are you ok? You look like a zombie,” she commented. “Your foundation is a bit too caked on,” she added, after taking a close-up look at my face. “Why are you wearing it? Your skin is already amazing.”

I pondered if I should tell her about what was happening to me and decided to only tell her about my dad.

“Hey, I get acne sometimes too. This time, a bit too much,” I explained, making sure it didn’t seem too obvious as a lie. “And… I’ve got something else to tell you.”

“What is it?” she asked curiously, yet also caringly.

I began to tear up slightly but I shook my head and looked at Eunji with her motherly face on. She can just be my mother then.

“My dad… he’s found someone he likes… And, he left the house with all his stuff yesterday.” Tears began to drip down my cheeks, tears that were supposed to come yesterday when he had actually left. “I’m alone now,” I whispered.

Eunji gasped and got up from her seat. She gave me a huge motherly hug, one that I had yearned for for so long. She didn’t care if all the students were looking at us oddly. Me with sobs and tears with her hugging me seemed to be such an interesting thing to look at for everyone.

“It’s okay,” she assured. “You’re not alone. You have me, remember?”

I muffled my sobs into her shoulder as I hugged her tighter. Oh how blessed I am to have such an amazing friend like Eunji.

But little did I know Hyuna was sitting a few tables away, enraged, thinking I was talking about ‘something else.’

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment <3 Some Lukai fighting for you hahaa