Revealed

Worth the Pain

It was finally the day that Minah had dreaded all too much. It was the day of school, and that meant seeing Kai, or even worse, Kai with Hyuna. Minah had decided that she wasn’t going to meet Hyuna after school, simply because there was no reason to. Hyuna had only started bullying Minah when she had found at Minah was Kai’s girlfriend. But now, she was in that very position herself. Minah no longer knew what her relationship with Kai was. She still loved him more than anyone else, but it obviously appeared to be different for Kai. Minah walked through the corridors alongside an overly cautious Luhan who seemed to be on the lookout. Minah looked up and noticed his nervous expression.

“What’s wrong?” Minah asked.

“I’m just making sure that no one leaps out and hurts you again,” Luhan replied with a forced smile.

Minah chuckled. “Don’t worry, they won’t hurt me. I promise.”

Luhan’s shoulders seemed to relax and he looked much calmer. Minah sighed before looking back up, only to spot Kai in the distance. Luhan had also noticed the all too familiar figure that had tripped him two days before.

“Minah,”Luhan said quietly. “You ready?”

“Ready for what?”

“You know…our plan. To see if Kai likes you.”

“Oh.”

Minah only then remembered about the ‘plan’ and was definitely unprepared, but she knew this was the perfect chance. She was scared, scared of the possibility of Kai walking past without showing the slightest bit of care. Minah took a deep breath and shut her eyes tightly before latching her arm around Luhan’s. Luhan grinned to himself and Minah tried to keep a natural expression on. Slowly, they approached Kai who took a quick glance and noticed the pair’s locked arms. Kai felt his blood beginning to boil and he bit his bottom lip to hold back from separating the two. Keep walking, keep walking.

Minah caught Kai snatching a quick glance at their arms, secretly anticipating for something to happen. Minah’s heart beat erratically but her hopes began to drop as Kai was only a few metres away yet he never gave a second glance. Luhan saw Minah’s hurt expression and only one thought came to mind as he quickly lifted her chin and smashed his lips onto hers. Minah’s eyes widened in shock and Kai came to an abrupt halt. Kai was suddenly filled with rage as he watched the scene in front of him. He stormed up and pulled Luhan back by the shirt before landing a solid punch to his cheek. Luhan fell backwards and groaned as he held his cheek. He looked up to see Kai hovering over him, eyes full of murderous intent.

Luhan smiled and looked at Minah’s stunned face. “Well we’ve got our answer now haven’t we, Minah?”

Minah stood frozen to the spot until she finally realized what had happened.

“Oh my god, Luhan!” Minah rushed down and knelt beside Luhan who was still covering his swelling cheek. “Are you okay?!”

“Yeah…” Luhan muttered, glancing at Kai who had remained silent.

“We need to go to the infirmary.” Minah grabbed Luhan’s armed and tugged him gently to stand. Luhan stood up and pushed Minah’s hands away.

 “I’m okay, I can go by myself. I think you need to talk to Kai,” Luhan said.

Minah looked hesitant. “Are you sure?”

“Yeah. It’s fine.” Luhan pushed his way through the crowd of students that had surrounded the scene. He didn’t know whether to feel happy about the fact that he kissed Minah or be disappointed at the fact Kai had reacted. Who was he kidding anyway, it was his idea in the first place.

Minah carefully turned back to face Kai, unsure of what to say. Kai reacted first and grabbed Minah by the wrist before leading her away from the attention. Hyuna watched, and she couldn’t help feeling utterly enraged about the fact that Kai definitely had feelings for Minah.

“Kim Jongin.. you think you’ll get away after playing with my feelings? You don’t know what’s coming for you and that ,” Hyuna muttered under her breath.

---

“Kai, let go, it hurts,” Minah gasped as Kai’s grip tightened around her wrist.

Kai stopped and pushed her against the hard brick wall behind the school’s gym.

“What was that about?! Are you going out with him?!” Kai shouted furiously at Minah.

“I..uh..umm.”

“Where did you go when I saw you two days ago? I couldn’t find you no matter how much I searched. What even happened to you?” Kai bombarded Minah with questions impatiently.

“Kai…” Minah didn’t know how to respond.

“Urghhh,” Kai groaned as he punched his fist onto the wall. “Why did that son of a ing kiss you? I’m going to teach him a lesson the next time I see him.”

Minah’s mouth gaped in shock. “You can’t Kai. He’s done nothing wrong.”

“He kissed you and that’s enough to beat the out of him!”

And that’s when Minah snapped.

“What? Do you still even remember just two days ago when I saw you kissing Hyuna? And you say you’re gunna beat the out of Luhan for kissing me? I thought I was your girlfriend Kai. I trusted you, but I guess it was all a mistake. You think it was fun being beat up every day by Hyuna? You think I enjoyed the pain they gave me?"

"I..I" Kai searched for the right words to say but none came to mind. His gaze was locked on to the girl's eyes in front of him, already beginning to glaze with tears.

"The only reason I was there in the first place was because of you. She threatened to hurt you, and obviously being the me so hopelessly in love with you, I let her hurt me, because that meant it protected you. But how do you think I felt when I saw you kissing Hyuna, with my body still bleeding from what she did to me with her very own hands? I ran away, because I didn’t know what to do. But Luhan found me, and he helped me so much that I don’t even know where I would be without him. Every day of this month, I’ve cried myself to sleep. My dad abandoned me and I distanced myself from Eunji incase Hyuna would do anything to her. I was so lonely and hurt. But I thought it was okay because I had you. But maybe I was wrong. Maybe I never had anyone in the first place. I felt so betrayed after Luhan told me you’ve been seeing Hyuna for more than a week now. My heart felt so broken, so shattered you know? But Kai, do you know what hurts the most? “ Minah paused, biting her lip till it almost drew blood. “It’s the fact that I still love you.”

Minah broke down in sobs and Kai was standing emotionless.

“M-Minah, why didn’t you tell me? I didn’t know about any of this,” Kai stuttered. "She's been hurting you all this time?? You should've told me! I could've protected you! 

“It was better if you didn’t know,” Minah said as she wiped her eyes. "You wouldn't get hurt that way."

“Minah…I’m sorry,” Kai muttered, before pulling her into a tight embrace. “I'm so so so sorry, I don't know what I can do to ask for your forgiveness. I'm sorry," Kai repeated as he her hair.


Well, everything is now revealedddd!! Not really proud of this chap but oh well. I hope you guys still likeee it :)

Thanks for reading and please x10000 comment/subscribe!