Together

Worth the Pain

 

Luhan leant against the wall and watched the glimpse of Minah’s head resting happily on Kai’s shoulder. Luhan’s hand cupped his swollen and bruised cheek that still throbbed slightly in pain. The pain in his chest increased when Minah lifted her head and pulled Kai in for a kiss. He bit his lip in frustration. ‘Aish why does it hurt so bad?’Luhan thought, clutching his chest.

A finger tapped his shoulder but he ignored it since he didn’t feel like talking to anyone.

“Are you okay?” a sweet voice asked. Luhan turned around and looked at the messy yet cute girl standing in front of him. She tilted her head, still awaiting an answer.

“I’m fine,” Luhan replied with a forced smile. “Ah, I’ve seen you around, aren’t you Minah’s friend?”

“Ah, I guess you can say that. I’m not really sure if I am though,” Eunji sighed. “You’re Luhan right? I’ve seen you with Minah a few times.”

Luhan nodded and looked down at his feet. There was a moment of silence and Luhan looked back up to see Eunji staring intently at his face. “Umm,” Luhan said uncomfortably.        

Eunji snapped back to reality and her eyes widened. “Ah! Mianae, I didn’t mean to stare, you’re just really cute!” Eunji froze for a moment before taking a step back and covering her face in embarrassment. “I did not just say that,” she muffled into her hands.

Luhan let out a chuckle, his mood beginning to lift. “Cute? I’m still cute with this giant bruise?” he asked, pointing to his cheek. “I’m not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not. ”

“Aniya! It’s a compliment!” Eunji burst out before she slumped back down. “I saw…what happened before. What Kai did. I wasn’t sure if I should ask about it.” Eunji cleared . “W-well if you’re fine then that’s great. I think I should go.”

“No, it’s fine…Do you have somewhere to be?” Luhan asked, his face showing a hint of disappointment.

“Ani… I just…you probably don’t want me to be here right?” Eunji muttered.

Luhan smiled. “Let’s eat lunch together then. I still haven’t eaten.”

“Eh!?” Eunji’s cheeks flushed a bright pink.

Luhan frowned. “You don’t want to?”

Eunji shook her head quickly. “No, of course I want to go! Kaja, kaja!”

Eunji grinned happily to herself as she walked closely beside Luhan. “Ah I almost forgot! My name is Eunji!”

 

 “Kai…” Minah said quietly as she laid beside Kai on the grass.

“Hmm?”

“Umm, so… are we boyfriend and girlfriend now? Are we dating?” Minah asked.

Kai turned to his side and looked at Minah’s side profile. “What do you think?”

“Aish oppa! I asked first!”Minah exclaimed, also shifting to her side. “So? Tell me.”

Kai laughed at his adorable girlfriend. “Of course. How can you say we’re not dating after all this?”

“I was just making sure…” Minah muttered.

Suddenly, a giant shadow loomed over them and they both squinted to see who it was.

“Hahahahah, is this a dream? Kai, you…hahaha,” Kris laughed uncontrollably. “Are you ing serious?”

Kai instantly stood up and stepped in front of Minah who had sat up. “What do you want Kris?”

Kris chuckled. “I asked you a question first.”

Kai sighed. “Okay, yes, I’m dating Minah. Got a problem?”

“Wow no need to get mad. You should be thanking me instead, since I’m the one who got you two together.” Kris looked down at Minah. “You know, with the dare and all.” Minah’s eyes widened.

“Kris!” Kai yelled.

Kris stepped back and put his arms up in defeat. “I was just speaking the truth. Damn, who knew you out of all people would actually fall in love.”

Kai growled and Kris smirked. “Ok, I’ll go.” Kris took a few steps away before turning back around. “Oh, and I don’t wanna see your face around in our group anymore. No one wants such a pathetic creature like you.” Kris shoved both his hands in his pockets before heading back to his group all snickering and laughing a long distance away.

“Hmmm, love, huh?” Kris muttered under his breath.

“Kai? What did he mean? What dare?” Minah’s eyes began to tear up and he looked up at him searching desperately for an answer.
“Minah…”Kai’s gaze softened and he bent down to sit in front of her. “I…I’m sorry.”

“Tell me Kai.”

Kai sighed and he knew he had to tell the truth. “Everything started between us when Kris dared me to make you fall in love with me and then…dump you a month after.”

Minah froze. “D-does that mean all that time we spent together was fake?”

“No! Never! I absolutely loved every moment with you, and I was falling for you from day 1!”

“…Really?”

Kai pulled Minah in for a hug. “Please trust me. I truly love you!”

Minah nodded. “Okay. Okay Kai, I’ll trust you.”

“Thank you,” Kai said, pecking her on the lips and grinning.

“But Kai, what about your friends?”

“Oh don’t worry about them. I’ll just find some new ones. I never liked them in the first place.”

He looked at his watch and stood up. “Come on, the bell is almost gonna ring.” Kai offered his hand to Minah and she gladly took it. “Let’s go.”

-----------------------------------------------------The next day-------------------------------------------------------------

Hyuna laughed gleefully as she explained her idea to the group of guys huddled in front of her. She had called them to meet up early in morning the other day, so here they were, gathered at the back of the school. Hyuna had called the most dedicated guys she knew, resulting in 5.

“So make sure you’re all there and don’t lock the door so that can go in and also get her punishment in the process,” Hyuna ordered.

“Yes, our princess!” the group shouted in unison.

Hyuna flicked her hair and smiled, one the boys couldn’t resist. “You’ll all receive your rewards after. Now shoo.”

“Yes!” The group of men chattered in excitement as they headed off.

Hyuna grinned. “Oh, what beauty can do to men. Sorry but I’ll never fall for any of you. I’m just using you all.” Hyuna let out an exaggerated sigh. “Well, what can I do. They wont leave me even if I tell them to.”

She skipped into the corridors, only to see the teacher she had expected enter through a door.

“Ah oppa!” Hyuna squealed and ran up to Mr. Do.

“Neh, annyeonghaseyo Hyuna. What are you doing here this early in the morning?” Mr. Do asked with a smile, his lips turning into a heart shape.

“Ah, I thought I should catch up on some studying. Oppa, you’re teaching my class last right?”

“Hmm, yes I’m pretty sure,” Mr Do said after peering over his glasses to look at his schedule. “Why?”

“Well, you know Minah who attends our class too?”

“Neh.”

“Well, I was going to throw a party for her since its her birthday today! So pleeease do me a favour. Can you keep her in after class for like, 5 minutes? We just need a bit of time to fix our preparations.”

Mr Do looked deep in thought. “I don’t know about that. I cant just keep her in for no reason and what if she has to do something after school?”

Hyuna groaned. “Pleaseee. You’re doing a good deed here. Umm, she doesn’t have anything to do afterschool. I checked! And you can just ask her a few questions regarding her recent maths test.”

“Hmm, but she almost aced her maths test.”

“Aish oppa! Just say anything for 5 minutes. I’m leaving everything to you. We put a lot of effort into her party so don’t ruin it for us!” Hyuna yelled as she ran off to avoid his answer.

“Hyuna! Hyuna!” Mr Do shouted, but it was pointless since Hyuna had already disapapeared from his sight. He pinched the bridge of his nose. “Just 5 minutes,” he muttered to himself. “Just 5.”

Hyuna peered from behind a wall and smirked. “Success."

---------------------------------------------------Last period--------------------------------------------------

Hyuna put her hand up and smiled sweetly at the teacher.

“Yes Hyuna?” Mr Zhang (Yixing) said with a possibly sweeter smile.

“Sorry Mr Zhang…but I REALLY need to go to the toilet!” Hyuna explained with exaggerated motions.

Mr Zhang shook his head. “Theres only 10 minutes of class left. I’m sure you can hold it in,” he chuckled, causing the class to burst out in laughter.

Hyuna’s cheeks flushed a slight red yet she refused to give up. “Ahhh please Mr Zhang, just this once? It feels as if my bladder--”

“Ok, ok, go!” Mr Zhang interrupted. “We don’t need to hear such details.”

Hyuna grinned in victory. “Thank you so much!” Hyuna yelled as she leapt up from her chair and ran out of the classroom.

 

Hyuna took two slips of paper out of her pocket and read them over.

“Flawless,” she whispered quietly to herself before quickly slipping one of them into Kai’s locker and the other into Minah’s. She dusted her hands in content and smirked. “You shouldn’t have messed with me Kai, and you should’ve come yesterday as always Minah. Didn’t I make the consequences clear enough?” 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:O Whats gonna happen?! Make sure to llook out for the next update! ;)

Only a few chapters left till the end!! Thank youu to everyone who has subscribed, commented or upvoted!!

Hey you! please give me a little of your time to comment and subscribe!!!! ^^