Guilt

Worth the Pain

Warning: Lots of swearing :P

Kai ran alongside Minah as she was being pulled through the corridors of the hospital. Her head jostled gently against her pillow, her eyes closed and serene. His body screamed of pain, but his mind told him to keep following, to never leave her side again. The nurses entered an empty room and worked together to help Minah onto the bed. A few seconds later, an old and slightly chubby man came bustling through the door who Kai presumed was the doctor. Kai held his stomach and panted loudly, watching as the doctor started checking Minah’s body.

“Is she going to be okay? Tell me she’s going to be okay,” Kai wheezed, eyes desperate for his anticipated answer.

The doctor turned to look at Kai and seemed to only realise his presence then. The man scanned Kai’s body before hurriedly looking back to Minah. “Ms Choi, please send him to another room and get someone to attend to his injuries.”

Kai began to protest until the doctor’s eyes widened and he began to yell. “We need to get blood tests and do a CT brain scan. Now!”

The nurses began to scatter and Kai was left speechless as he was slowly getting dragged by the young nurse.

“Wh-Whats wrong? Is it something bad?” Kai stuttered. “Is she going to be okay?”

The nurse looked up at Kai and gave a slight smile. “I’m guessing she is in a coma right now. “

“What? A coma? She isn’t going to wake up? What’s going to happen?” Kai started asking frantically until the nurse hushed him into silence.

Then another woman approached them and said a few words to the nurse, in which the nurse responded with a few nods. “Alright, we need to treat your wounds first. After, the police just needs to ask you a few questions. That would be fine wouldn’t it?”

“N-no, I need to be with Minah.”

The nurse sighed. “There is nothing you can do to help her in the condition she is right now. The doctor and nurses are trying their best to help her. You can help her by telling us what happened,” the nurse said a little more sternly this time.

Kai’s face fell and he gave a few slow nods. The nurse smiled in content and tugged Kai into a spare room before treating his wounds.

“Jongin-sshi?” the woman said, standing and offering her hand for a handshake.

“Ne….” Jongin said glumly, accepting her hand shake.

“Nice to meet you, I’m officer Lim.” She gestured for Kai to sit down.

“Ne…” Jongin took a seat. The officer smiled and took a seat as well.

“I’ll just be asking you a few questions. It will be over in just a few minutes. You’re okay with that right?” she explained.

Kai nodded.

“Okaay. Well first off, can you explain everything you know about the situation to me? You look as if you were part of it as well so you know what happened right?”

Kai nodded once again. He looked at the officer hesitantly, but began to speak.

 

 

The officer stood with her hands on her hips and gaze steady. Hyuna and the other boys stood in front of her, eyes filled with shame. They were in a secluded corner of the police station

“We’ve come to a decision,” Officer Lim said simply.

Hyuna looked up, her expression fearful. Junghoon saw Hyuna’s face and grimaced.

“We-“ the officer started before Junghoon interrupted.

 “Hold on.” Junghoon stepped up from behind and crossed his arms. “How would you know if we were the culprits? That son of a , Kim Jongin, is obviously lying. He tried to get in a fight with us so all we did was defend ourselves. Is that so wrong?”

The officer frowned. “I’m sorry?”

“WE were in the right and THEY were in the wrong. What part don’t you get? You don’t have any evidence to-“

“Yes we do,” Officer Lim interrupted this time. Hyuna and the others grimaced and Junghoon faltered.

“Like?”

“Well, there was a CCTV in that room.”

“In the STORAGE room?”

“Yes”

There was a moment of silence. Junghoon turned to look at the group behind him, only to receive vicious glares. He scowled.

“Don’t give me that. I was just trying to help us out of this mess OKAY? Last time I checked, there wasn’t one there. It’s not my fault that the school has like a ing hidden camera, like how stupid is that? How does our crappy school even have enough money to get those in every room. , don’t look at me like that, you were all at fault too,” he burst out. He took a deep breath and crouched down, covering his face with both of his hands.

Officer Lim’s eyebrows were raised and her lips were raised to a slight smirk. After a few seconds of silence to let everything seep in, she spoke.

“Truth is, there wasn’t one,” she remarked.

Junghoon looked at the officer and stood up. “What the . Are you playing with us?”

The officer gave a shrug.

Junghoon snorted. “You have no evidence then. We are innocent.”

The officer gave a hearty laugh before taking a small device from her pocket and shaking it in front of their faces. All of them looked confused. She looked at them in disbelief before tapping a few button and holding the device out.

‘ck, don’t look at me like that. You were all at fault too.’

Their jaws dropped and Junghoon froze. Suddenly, Chanyeol grabbed Junghoon’s collar and shoved him against a wall.

“IT’S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU. MAYBE IF YOU JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH FOR ONCE WE WOULD’VE GOTTEN AWAY!” Chanyeol yelled, throwing a punch at Junghoon’s right cheek.

“Let go…” Junghoon moaned, trying to kick Chanyeol away.  Chanyeol refused and Junghoon took this as a challenge as both of them began to fight full on.

“STOP!” Officer Lim shouted but it was no use. Other policemen instantly rose from their seats and helped pull the boys apart.

“I ING HATE YOU!”

“SHUT UP YOU’RE AT FAULT TOO!”

“BUT IT’S ALL—“

“Boys,” a low and gruff voice said. Both of them paused and scowled at man with a badge saying ‘Chief’ on it. “We need your parents numbers.” He turned to look at the others. “Yours too.”

They glared menacingly at each other until their expressions softened and they sighed in defeat.

“ you.”

“ you too,” they muttered to each other.

______________________________________________________________

Woooo its the 20th chapter!! Omggggg I am so sorry about my lack of knowledge about medical stuff like what was i even thinking when i thought of the plot. AHem please ignoreee my insufficient knowledge hahaha and idk how the police work either omfg retiring after this story. IK im a pretty crappy writer but i feel so guilty if i dont finish this D:

Hope you comment, subscribe and upvote!!! Thank you to those who are still reading this story