Sand Garden by chen_free

TabiSan fan-fest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Urgh!!” Sandara flops herself face down on her bed and continued to groan.

“What is wrong?” Seunghyun steps out of the bathroom in his pajamas.  They had immediately gone home after the short party they had at the local brewery. It was almost midnight but visibly Sandara is far from sleepy.

“Nothing.” She moves her head back and forth effectively rubbing her face on the mattress.

“Obviously it is something when you’re trying to erase your face on the sheets.” He nudges her body.  “I like you as is.”

She groans, again. Seunghyun opted to wait. It won’t be long. She is bound to crack with all her groaning and like a dying pig.  He shook his head, not a very pretty visual.

“My sister and her husband decided to have a break from each other.” She started flipping her arms and feet.

 “She said she isn’t happy with him.” And like a fish, she flipped herself upward and opened . “How can she say that?  She married him! Had a kid and built that pretty white picket fence with him. You saw them! They were so in love.  She was beautiful and HAPPY! How can she not be HAPPY?!” Sandara was already screaming.

Seunghyun stared at her for a good long while before he pulled her to him. The neighbors don’t need to know what is going on in her sister’s life. “Is that really the reason?” He held her close and wrapped his legs around her. 

“What else can there be?” She sniffs.  So she started crying and like a child began to rub her eyes.  “How can her love not make her happy?”

“Maybe she fell out of love?”

“How does one fall out of it?  She didn’t trip into his arms when she fell for him.” She was unyielding.  She will not lose her love.

How does one fall in love really? Was it at first sight? Or does it creep on you silently during the night and one day you just wake up madly in love with someone?  Seunghyun wonders.

“How did you fall for me?”

“With eyes wide open.” Is her quick reply.  It was one of those times in her life that she knew immediately when she had fallen. 

 

Sandara was 9 when she met Seunghyun, an over-weight boy with thick glasses and camouflage bag.  He was the new boy on their street.  The son of a military man and a primary school teacher. He was friends with a piglet and liked to sit alo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter