An Unlikely Combination by KittyKhatz

TabiSan fan-fest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Hyun stared at the girl sitting across from him. He was initially annoyed that he’s stuck in the library doing school work when he supposed to be out playing with his friends. But he was unfortunately paired with Miss-diligent-smarty-pants, Sandara Park, the only scholar in his class a.k.a one of the school’s charity cases.

“Instead of watching me work why don’t you start doing some research yourself,” the petite girl with pigtails said whilst shooting daggers at him with her eyes.

 “You do realize my family gives the biggest donations to this school and it’s probably the same donation that’s funding your education,” he retorted. A smirk showed on his face.

“Then I’m doing your parents a favor because I’m actually forcing you to study. Since this project requires both our input and both of us would need to present this project in front of the class I can’t let you jeopardize my chances of getting a good score. So it up Choi Seung Hyun-shi, believe me when I tell you I get no pleasure in associating with you. I want to finish my senior year with no drama and your fan girls are not making it easy for me,” she replied. She rolled her eyes at him and continued typing on her computer.

Seung Hyun could not believe what he just heard from the puny girl. Any girl in their school would die to be in her shoes. He’s TOP after all; he’s the richest and hottest student in Seoul Art High School. His legion of fan girls are proof of his popularity.

He pretended to type on his laptop. He couldn’t believe that he’s yielding to this midget. He stole glances at her from time to time. She’s actually kind of cute if you stare at her long enough even with those thick bottle glasses. He noticed that she furrows her eyebrows when she’s thinking and that she has a habit of biting her lower lip when she’s typing furiously on the keyboard. She still looks annoying but maybe with an ounce of cuteness.

An hour has probably passed and he was still on a single document with only the title Korean War and nothing else. His thoughts got interrupted when Sandara’s phone started vibrating. She picked it up, looked at the screen and smiled before answering. She’s actually pretty when she smiles.

“Dong Hae-yah…” she exclaimed. She stood up and went towards the bookshelves.

It didn’t take rocket science to figure out that she’s crushing on whoever it was that’s on the phone. She sounded like a sweet high school girl compared to the nagging ajhumma tone she used on him a while back.

She finally got off the phone and made her way back to the table.

“Seung Hyun-shi, I have to go. I’ll probably work on the write up and the presentation myself. I’ll send the finished project to your email over the weekend so we’ll have a week before the presentation. Just make sure to review the material and maybe we can meet before the presentation so we can practice,” she explained as she started tidying up her things off the table.

“Whatever happened to working on the project together?” he joked. “But I’m all for it. Just send me the document. I’ll read through it but I insist on meeting maybe 3 times next week so we can practice. I hate to be the reason for you to fail. Oh and I’m a little curious how can a poor girl like you afford a fancy android phone. I know it’s not like my Iphone but still if you can afford that why can’t you pay for your own tuition?” he added.

“Just so you know I just got this phone recently. I have a part time job and I saved up money to get this mobile phone plan it just so happens this phone unit was in a promo. This isn’t a luxury I really need it since I live in Seoul while the rest of my family is in Busan. I also studied real hard to get this scholarship.” she reasoned.

He even felt a little embarrassed. Somehow it struck a chord in him. He also practically lived alone with both his parents usually out on business trip and his older sister in a university abroad. The only people left with him at home are the house helpers. She however has to live by herself because of her family’s circumstances and she’s probably struggling with living by herself in the big city.

“You know what how about I give you a ride home.  Do you live in the area?” It was unusual for him to offer assistance to anyone but somehow he wanted to give her a lift.

“Thanks but no thanks. I live outside Gangnam. I only need to take two bus rides to get home, so don’t bother,” she instantly refused.

“Suit yourself,” he said. “You knowI have an idea how about we just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter