All this Time by Outthere

TabiSan fan-fest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the last day of senior year and all around people were saying their goodbyes and making fake promises to meet one another during the summer. Seunghyun was walking through the halls, casually nodding to anyone who called out to him and quickly walked past them. He hated when people tried to cling to him and acted over dramatic. He was glad to be leaving high school and entering college where he hoped he can meet people similar to him. For now, the only person he could tolerate was Sandara, or Dara. Dara was a small yet unusual girl. She was the only one that could get Seunghyun off his high horse and be the sweet person he was deep inside. Half the school thought they there a couple because they were almost inseparable, but little did they know Seunghyun despised relationships more than anything else. In his world, love didn’t exist, and anyone who claimed to be in love was an idiot.

He was waiting by the school gates when Dara jumped in front of him and wrapped her arms around his waist and started wailing at the top of her lungs.

“WE’RE NEVER GOING TO SEE EACH OTHER AGAIN! I’M GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH TABI, WE HAVE TO MEET UP EVERY DAY!”

“What the hell is wrong with you?” He struggled to get the girl off her. Seunghyun held Dara at arm’s length and stared at her with a horrified expression. Dara began to laugh so hard, she was almost cackling.

“You should’ve seen your face! Man I really am gonna miss this school, only because I won’t be able to see everyone annoying the crap out of you.”

“Very funny, weirdo.”

“You’re really not going to miss anyone?”

“Nope.”

“Not even me?”

“Why would I miss you? You’re coming with me.”

“I know, but it’s not like we’re going to be together forever. We have to part at some point.” Dara’s voice was strangely very solemn and it caught Seunghyun off guard. Putting his arm around her shoulder and his head resting on hers, he said “Aw Dara, you know you shouldn’t be thinking that hard. You’re going to hurt yourself.” Seunghyun saw it coming, but Dara punched him in the stomach.

“.” She left his embrace and continued walking home.

“I’m sorry! But you know that it’s highly unlikely that we won’t be together.”

“Why?”

“Because we’ve known each other for 12 years now.”

“That doesn’t prove anything.”

“Of course it does. I already got used to your stupidity and you got used to mine, you can’t just leave now. You’re not allowed to.”

“What if it’s not my choice?” Seunghyun was standing in front of her now, confused more than ever.

“Okay, what is wrong with you? Why are you talking as if you’re never going to see me again?”

Dara started laughing, but something was off.

“Nothing, I was just being all melodramatic to make fun of you again. Look I should head home first, my mom needed help with some cleaning. I’ll call you later!” Seunghyun stood there confused because he knew something was wrong, but he didn’t know what. Why wouldn’t Dara tell him what’s going on with her?

 

“I’m home Mom,” Dara was putting her things down when her mom came out of the kitchen.

“Hey sweetie, how are you feeling?” Her mom never stopped worrying.

“Fine, I guess.” Dara’s voice was small.

“Why do you sound so down?”

 “Because I’m dying, and I still haven’t told my best friend yet.” Her voice broke as she said the last words.

“Dara…” Dara gave her mom a heartbreaking smile and walked up to her room.

 

In his room Seunghyun could hear his parents screaming at each other at the top of his lungs. He never understood why they were together if they hated each other so much. After things calmed down a bit, he called Dara. The phone rang a few times before she picked up.

“Did you run to the phone?”

“Huh?”

“You sound out of breath.”

“Oh yeah, haha I did. So what’s up?”

“Nothing really, just my parents going at each other as usual, you?”

“I was taking a nap.”

“I thought you had to help clean?”
“We finished already.” Dara sounded nervous and her heart almost stopped when her mom called for her to take her medicine.

“Medicine? Are you sick?”

“They’re vitamins.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah, I’ll talk to you tomorrow okay. My mom’s calling me, bye.” Dara hung up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter