Fallen by kittykhatz

TabiSan fan-fest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fallen

Her days were always filled with songs of praise. Her existence was for him and him alone. He is the creator, the most high. Her being was an answer to his call of praises. Like all the other heavenly beings, she was made for her duty.  As a seraph her duty is to sing to the most high and to care for the great hall of praise, his almighty’s throne room. She was to sing to him with a jovial heart along with other seraphs like her.  She was always contented with her role because it was her hearts true happiness to sing Him praises. Dara a name she was given the first time she sang for Him. It has been more than a hundred years and she has never grown tired of the almighty calling her name with affection. And time and time again she and her fellow seraphim will be showered with his bountiful grace.

For a young seraph of only a hundred years she has only been to two places in her whole life the great hall of praise and the house of the seraphim where she rests with her kind. Never has she ventured out to check the majestic place that is heaven. She was told the halls are endless and that one should venture cautiously so as not to disturb the others of their duties. And so she abides by this rule whole heartedly. Day by day she is surrounded by seraphs like herself. All their days spent singing praise and even before they lay their heads to rest they still talk about what they should sing the next day.

Dara sat staring at her reflection when her mind suddenly wondered off to the possibility of other things that a Seraph like her can do? She has bottled up all her curiosity because she was to be contended of her duties and her purpose alone. But the thought would surface every now and then. She combed her long blonde hair and stared at her reflection. She tried touching her reflection and it rippled across her mirror made of water. She giggled in amusement. She looked out her window and saw other angels flying. Cherubs are dancing gaily in the air. 

The Seraphim are guardians and keepers of the great hall of praise. She has not stepped outside to see the rest of the kingdom of heaven. It was a rule imposed on all of them. But everyday her curiosity grew. She watched the cherubs dance in the air as they transform to whatever being they wish to be.

The kingdom of heaven is a busy place and each of them have duties to fulfill and for millions of years that has been the case even after the great revolution. It was before she even came to be. Most of the heavenly beings during the time are now elders of their own kind although beings like them never grow old their wisdom would always reflect in their eyes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Seung hyun is not a common name for a demon but there were legions of them who fell to pits with name he can barely recall. This is his home, the place that is now popularly known as hell. Yes he was an angel once and was even part of the first , and if asked he would have to say they were brighter than those who came after.

Why he joined the revolt may seem plain and simple, God created people and they were made in his likeness. But weren’t they just the same. They were even given beautiful wings.  Angels are far superior to humans but why are they to take care of these mere mortal beings?

This thought was not only his. Just about every other angel felt the same way. Thus the revolt that almost divided the heavens took place. It was led by Lucifer the brightest of all angels and the most loved. Lucifer was a cherub the ones who poses the power to transform into whatever being they choose. Seung Hyun was also a cherub like him.

The only ones who did not join the revolt were the seraphs. They were too enamored by their role to even think of freedom or possibilities. Seraphs are however the highest of rank and the most beautiful of heavenly beings. He’s amused by how mere mortals described the Seraphim and the Cherubim as if they are ugly winged creatures. Of course it could not be helped if they can only fathom so much as they are inferior beings. All of those who revolted think that.

Of course a battle with the almighty was not an easy fit and before they knew it. Those who fought against their master fell from the skies.  The heavens almost looked red with blood. And as each of them fell, their wings started to lose their pristine white feathers. They started to char and burst into flames. The flames burned furiously as each one of them fell to pits of hell. Some tried to grow back their wings but instead of their beautiful white ones it became leathery black ones, like those from measly flying rodents called bats. Seung hyun did not lose his wings but it did change in color.  Their leader, Lucifer lost his light. Like every single one of them lost theirs.  Only the scorching flames of red were the source of light all else was darkness.

Life would have been simple if he stayed in heaven. He could have spent his days singing praises along with the seraphs as cherubs were free to come in the great hall of praise or if he wanted he can even go down the ranks and be a mere guardian angel protecting mortals every few decades. But his current life he did not regret or so at least he kept telling himself that. He could roam the earth freely from time to time. Bring along some gullible humans every so often down with him. He would buy their soul for a measly materialistic or greedy wish. He was the master of his craft. He can easily lure those pesky humans to sin. But then again even his kind will to the edge of the earth just to try to get a small glimpse of their previous home.

Heaven is probably just like how it used to be.  The thought suddenly filled his head.

“You’re thinking of Heaven again. How many times have I told you that it is a place you can never return to,” Jiyong, his fellow demon spoke. He’s called the dragon by those who feared him.

“Can you not read my mind? It was just a passing thought. I wasn’t thinking about the past,” Seung Hyun retorted.

“You’re getting too edgy for no reason. I’m just worried about you. If you hadn’t noticed I’m the only friend you have around here. Everyone else wants you out of here either because they’re jealous of you or because of your high and mighty attitude, either way I’m the only one that’s got your back around here,” Ji yong reminded him.

A friend the thought amused him. Friendship was for places like heaven or earth but certainly not in the underworld. But Jiyong was someone he knew from way back. He was one of the few archangels who took their side. If in heaven he was only made to defend in this realm he became one of those who ruled.  So it pays to be in his good side friend or otherwise.

Seung Hyun was unlike the other demons because he didn’t really want to leave heaven he just didn’t like the idea of caring for the mortals. He didn’t want to act on his desire for freedom but he had his reasons. He wanted live like a regular human, the beings he so loved to hate. It wasn’t him really, it was for Xanthy the Seraphim he fell in love with. She was so fascinated with the human race and the free will they have, that she so badly wanted to be like them.  Seung Hyun likes the idea of freedom but he despised humans because they have no idea how fortunate they are to have a choice to live a life they choose.  Xanthy wanted to be like those mortals and when the revolution broke they wanted to escape together to live on earth amongst those mere mortals.

Everything was set, they were going to fled, while the cherubs and other guardian angels attacked but they were caught in the uproar and unfortunately found themselves in the midst of the battle between Lucifer with his Cherub allies against the archangel’s protecting the ranks of angels and preventing them from entering the halls of praise.

Seung Hyun remembered so vividly how they escaped amidst the battle. They were almost at the edge, closing on the gates of heaven to go down to earth when one of the archangel’s arrows almost reached him. But Xanthy used her wings as shield she fell from heaven and he followed her as she dropped to the earth and crumbled into dust. Seung Hyun however fell deeper in the pits and he lost his precious white wings along with Xanthy, the seraph who gave her life to save him.

The fallen angels did not want to acknowledge him because he did not share the same purpose they have and his wings are not completely damaged. While others were charred his only lost its white color and became ash gray to almost black.

He hid his wings as what the leader demons directed. He was no longer welcome in heaven and hell did not want him either but he had no choice, earth was a place that reminded him of Xanthy.  Ji yong the former archangel took his side. And for as long as Seung Hyun keeps his end of the bargain he can stay as a demon for as long as he wants.

“The feast is fast approaching you know how you can see the lights from heaven when we come up to earth. And I was presented with a new toy that can snatch an Angel from heaven. I can get you one if you say please,” Ji yong offered. The black and white haired demon said. “I can’t believe a demon like you can stay celibate for long. She devils are throwing themselves at you left and right and yet you pay no thought to their advances. So if I can get you a heavenly being a seraph no less will you consider taking her as your pet,” the handsome devil teased.

“Do what you see fit. I doubt that after the war seraphs are even allowed to go out of the great halls of praise. If you do find a seraph then you’ll be lucky to have two extra pairs of wings,” Seung Hyun replied.

He looked at his reflection from the broken shards of glass on the floor. His silver hair and well defined features made him irresistible to female demons and humans a like. His handsome face and his striking presence have not changed at all but his aura and his whole being was obviously darker. If it was because of his fall from grace or the loss of his beloved he had no clue. The freedom he once coveted became useless after her death,

He was the one who brought her demise. He was the one who made her perish.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The day of the feast has come. The doors of the great halls were open. Heavenly beings were welcomed and the heavens were lit during the day and even at night. To normal humans they call it the northern lights.

“Dara,” Chaerin another seraph called out to her. “We’re going out to wait and see the sunrise. The cherubs agreed to accompany us,” the dark haired one added.

“But we’ve never been out of the halls before,” Dara reasoned but the idea was indeed enticing.

“I told you we will have company. The cherubs will be our guide and they will also bring us back home,” Chaerin pleaded. “Bom and Minzy agreed. We’ll all go together and we’ll all be back in time for morning praise.”

Dara looked out her window. She had never been outside before and truth be told she longed to see what was beyond the walls of the great hall of praise. She looked at her friend and smiled. “But we’ll be back in time for praise.” She pressed.

Chaerin nodded. The two talked excitedly about the things they will be doing and the places they will visit. The two went to finish their duties and their plan to sneak out was already in place.

It was an unspoken rule amongst seraph to mind their own business for as long as they do not affect their duties the others will not have a say on whatever it is they wish to do. And seraphs are held with high respect because they are those who are known to keep their virtue with esteem even with no supervision.

After their last song the seraphs made their way back to the house of seraphim except for four seraphs, who were making their way towards the left passage where some cherubs were supposed to meet them.

“Are you sure they are waiting for us,” Dara asked worriedly.

“Don’t worry little angel I’ve been outside once it will be fun. Those cherubs are probably waiting impatiently on the other side of the passage. We’re far enough from the hall let’s all make a run for it,” Bom said excitedly and she flew past them.  And they all decided to follow.

The seraphim have 3 pairs of wings, a pair behind their backs just like the other angels, a pair from the bond on their head and a wing for each foot so they never touch the ground.

They met the three cherubs waiting on the other end. “Let’s hurry the lights are already on display,” said one of them

Dara was overwhelmed by the view. She was actually outside It was night time but the paths were well lit. The different colors were passing through like streams of colors surrounding them.

“We’ll have to head east,” said the one with the long hair. “My name is Taeyang by the way,” he added.

“I am Seung ri and that one on your left is Daesung,” the friendly cherub next to Dara said. “I’ve never seen you before. Are you new,” he asked further.

“Don’t scare her,” Minzy scolded him. “It’s her first time outside the halls.”

“I’m just glad to be flying along such beautiful seraphs,” he mused.

Dara smiled. Everything was all too new to her. Why did she not venture outside of the halls before, she asked herself.

“Usually the east gates have a few angels on guard but as long as we don’t go over the threshold we’re okay,” Daesung finally spoke.

“Or you can lure them to sleep for a few hours and wake them up after the sun sets,” Bom suggested. “He developed this little trick. He can put other heavenly beings to sleep when he sings,” she explained further.

The other moved to a safe distance so that they will not be affected by his singing. Daesung approached the gate and started humming and slowly one by one the guardians fell to the ground and slept soundly. He then motioned them to approach.

The air was filled with excitement. The colors were all beautiful and they were surrounded by picturesque view. They sat by the precipice dangling their feet as they saw the view of land down below.  The view was breath taking. Dara could not help but be mesmerized by her surroundings. She will definitely want to tag along again next time. Hours have passed and while others talked and cheered she silently watched the view in amazement. Before they knew it the time has come for the sun to rise.

“Now let Taeyang work his magic,” Chaerin said excitedly.

“It’s not really magic though he’s really assigned to show sunrise and sunset on every side of the earth,” Seung ri explained.

The magnificent light of the sun spread across the sky and it captured all of them in awe.

“We should head back. We are an hour let from singing praise,” Bom reminded them. They all stood up and went through the gate.

“Dara we should hurry,” Chaerin said looking behind her but there was no one. “Have you seen Dara,” she asked panic was written all over her face.

“No I thought she was right behind you,” Minzy said.

“Maybe she went ahead of us,” Seungri commented.

“We will look for her but you have to head back before you miss the morning praise,” Daesung suggested.

“I’ll accompany you three back then I’ll help look for her after,” Taeyang offered.

All six of them were worried. The four went back to the hall while the two searched the edge of the east gate for any signs of the missing seraph. If the morning praise will end with no sign of her they have no choice but alert the archangels.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dara stood up like the others. It was time to go but before she could make a step forward she felt something clasp around her ankle and pricked her and before she knew it she was descending. None of her wings were moving.  She wanted to call out for help but she was getting dizzy her surroundings were getting fuzzy and she was slowly losing consciousness. She thought that maybe she was falling to her death then everything went black.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter