Jet Lag by chen_free

TabiSan fan-fest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Love knows no distance... what do you think does it mean?" Seunghyun pulled a bag of chips from his backpack and went ahead to open it.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“We are about to find out, aren’t we?”  He dropped a few chips on his mouth.  12 months… Seunghyun felt like crying instead he gnawed on corn chips. 

 

“Can’t you tone it down a little?”  His best friend glared at him with contempt.

 

“What?” he scoffed back. “These are called cracklings for a reason.” He made a big show of biting noisily on a chip.

 

“I am trying to finish my work here.” 

 

“It is already 9:30 pm.” He flipped his phone to display the time. “On a Saturday. Your work ended 4 hours ago.” He watched as she pushes the yellow chick Rilakkuma earphone to her ear. “I have been parked on the sofa for 2 hours and 41 minutes exactly and you haven’t said anything substantial to me since you walked in.”

 

“Seunghyun…”

 

“Sandara.”  At that point she knew he is upset.

 

“I don’t mean to ignore you but I really have to finish this…” she lifted a folder to show him some paper that means nothing to him.

 

“Is that really more important than me?”

 

“No, but I really have to learn this.” She tried to explain. “Jiyong…”

 

“That again…”he spat

 

“He is the musical director, we work together.” She cuts him.

 

“On Valentine’s Day.”

 

“It is not yet Valentine’s here.” She tried to appease him.  She turned the volume up and went closer to the monitor.   It has been 4 weeks since she left for London, almost 7 weeks when she learned she got a part on the musical, the role of a sickly girl pinning for the lead.  She is sick of pinning. And 8 whole weeks since Seunghyun asked her to be his girl.

 

“Where are you?” she took note of the heavy draperies behind him.

 

“In a hotel somewhere.” He said dismissively.   “Did he ask you out?”

 

“I said no.”

 

“But he made sure you are spending it with him.”  He sighed, a sigh so big he looked like he is about to cry.  “You and that stupid ex-boyfriend of yours will spend Valentine’s day together while I sulk here in my room. Alone.”

 

“You don’t have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter