Chapter 22 - Racing Hearts

July 14 [DISCONTINUED]

(To my BESTFRIEND, yes you're still my BESTFRIEND. PLEASE PLEASE READ) A/N:  Hey guys! I am so sorry for not updating for months since I was so busy but now, we're having Eid Mubarak Holidays for one week! Yippie! Anyways, before I start this chapter, I would like to say to my bestie who's probably reading this that I miss you. I really do and I don't even know how we started to ignore each other AGAIN but, if I ever did anything wrong I'm sorry. Btw, during that last day of PT3 History test, I wasn't mad at you but when I asked you something about Geography you answered me in a harsh tone and I didn't talked to you 'cause you obviously won't talk to me. Besides, I never replaced you with CYY. You got it all wrong and you know that I'm scared when it comes to face to face apology. I miss fangirling about EXO and fanfics with you so yeah. I wrote this in blue since you like blue and I updated for you and my fellow beloved readers so yeah. Enjoy~

 

 

• July 14 •

 

Author's POV

 

For the past few weeks, Ji Ae has been practicing for the Talent competition with the help of EXO-K. Also, Shin Minhee has been doing everything to piss Ji Ae off and she has tried to get close with Sehun too. Sadly, Sehun doesn’t give a about the said girl and only focused on helping Ji Ae practice. But Minhee just doesn’t knows when to give up.

“Head in the clouds

Got no weight on my shoulders

I should be wiser

And realize that I’ve got!

One less problem without ya

I got, one less problem without ya

I got, one less problem without ya

I got one less, one less problem~”

Ji Ae sang along as Ariana Grande’s Problem plays on her playlist. She had white headphones on her head. She was at the school roof skipping History class since she hates that subject. She just doesn’t get a thing about it. But she still manages to ace that subject every exam and tests.

As she was closing her eyes, bobbing her head to the beat, her headphones were removed and immediately she looked up to see who the person was. A small smile crept up her face and she let out a soft giggle. The said boy chuckled and sat down beside her.

“Skipping History again?” the boy asked.

“Yeah. Why are you skipping History?”

“I didn’t finish my homework. Besides, History is boring. How about you?”

“You know I hate History, Oh Sehun,” the said boy chuckled again making Ji Ae chuckle along.

“The competition is two days from now, right?” Sehun asked as he looked up at the sky.

“Yeah,” Ji Ae said as she nodded.

“Are you ready?”

“Not really, but, I’m sure I’ll do great,” she smiled and looked at Sehun. The said boy was already staring at her.

“I believe that you will do really great, Park Ji Ae,”

 

 

“Hey, Ji Ae?” Sehun called.

“Hmm?”

“Are you free today?”

“No, I’m expensive,”

“Hey,” Sehun grumbled and poked her cheek making the said girl laugh.

“I’m just kidding, okay? Yeah, I am. Why?” Sehun stopped and Ji Ae stopped too. “What’s the matter?” she asked as she stared at the boy beside her. She was about to ask again when Sehun grabbed her hand and started running while dragging her.

“Sehun!”

“Just follow me!” The said boy replied. After a few minutes of running, they finally came to a stop with both of them panting. Ji Ae looked up to look at where Sehun has brought before furrowing her eyebrows.

“Why are we at the arcade?” she asked. Sehun took a deep breath before answering her.

“You’ve been stressed these days with the Talent Competition and that y Minhee, right?” Ji Ae’s eyes widened and she stared at him. How did he-

“How did I know? Park Ji Ae, I’ve always been by your side so of course I knew. I can tell just by looking at your eyes, ya know?” Sehun slipped his hands into hers and then dragged her in to the arcade. After being dragged by Sehun around in the arcade, they then stopped infront of a basketball game.

“Wanna make a bet?” He suggested. Ji Ae blinked at him and he just chuckled at her expression.

“We will play around nine games. The person who gets the lowest score would treat the person who wins and, will get flicked on the forehead at every game he or she loses,” Sehun smirked before holding his hands out.

“Deal? Or are you scared of losing?” Ji Ae scoffed and shook hands with him.

“Deal,” Sehun put some coins in the machine. “Game on,” he said before starting the game. He focused on the game and he was kind of fast shooting the balls in the hoop. At last the game ended and he looked at his scores. Sehun turned to Ji Ae with a smirk. “124,” he stated.

“That’s all you got?” the said girl made her way infront of the machine before putting some coins in.

“Confident here aye? Cute,”

“We’ll see who’s cute,” she then started the game and she was unexpectedly good at the games. She was shooting the balls really fast and Sehun just stared at her, eyes widened. The game finally stopped and Ji Ae proudly turned to Sehun with a victorious smile.

“155. I win! Now, forehead,” Sehun unwillingly bend his knees to her height and Ji Ae flicked his forehead.

“Ouch. Urgh,” he groaned as she chuckled.

“No worries, there are a lot of games still waiting for us,” Sehun then led the way and Ji Ae just followed him. They played a lot of games and Sehun was actually winning a lot of the games. Guess his spirits were boosted up after the basketball game. They were now on the last game with the score tied on four to four.

“So, we’re on the final game that is shooting some zombies. So, good luck,” he patted her head. “You too,” Ji Ae smirked. Sehun then put in some coins into the game. He gave her the game’s machine gun and took one of the glasses and helped put it on for her. Ji Ae could feel his breathe on her cheek and her heart was racing. Sehun’s heart was racing too but he pretended to act cool.

“For the 3D effects,” he stated and wore one of the glasses too.

“Ready?”

“Ready,”

“1..,”

“2..,”

“Start!” Sehun started the game and the began shooting the zombies that were coming towards them. Both of them were good and they had fun since they were laughing and smiling. Sehun then cheered as the game ended, looks like he won the game in the end.

“Pfft,” Ji Ae grumbled and the said boy just kept smiling victoriously.

“Now, forehead,” he commanded. She unwillingly closed her eyes since her forehead was already hurting from all the flicking. Sehun brushed her hair away and instead, she felt something soft on her forehead. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Sehun’s chin. Her eyes widened as she realized what he was doing.

Oh Sehun, was kissing her forehead.

Her cheeks were alredy red as he pulled away. Sehun was actually shocked at what he did too. He rubbed the back of his neck and tried to at cool.

“Let’s…get going. I’ll walk you home since it’s probably late already. You can treat me on Saturday, okay?”

“Huh? O-okay,”

“It’s a date then,”

“What?”

“Oh, nothing. Come on,” Sehun took her hands in his, dragged her to the out of the arcade and took her home.

 

 

It was finally the day of the Talent Competition. Ji Ae was dressed in a white dress. Her hair braided to the side and had light makeup on her face. Even though she looked normal but to others, she looked absolutely gorgeous and her beauty was breath-taking. Even EXO-K was speechless.

“Wow,”

“Oh My Gosh,”

“Ji Ae…,”

“I think I just saw an angel,”

“You look so beautiful, baby sis!” Chanyeol hugged his little sister and the said girl just giggled while patting his back.

 “Sehun?” Ji Ae called as he was quiet. The boy was speechless and his tongue was frozen. The other boys stared at each other with knowing smiles.

“Attention please. All contestants get ready ‘cause the competition will start in five!” The staff a.k.a. teacher announced. The seven of us then went to the school’s theatre and took a seat. Then, the Talent Competition started with Woohyun being the MC.

“Hello there everybody! Wow, I guess you’re all excited to see all of these talented students perform, huh? Well then, let’s get this competition started with one of the great dancers of this school. Please welcome, Lee Taemin!”

“Hey, isn’t that your cousin?” Baekhyun asked Kai.

“Yeah,” the latter shrugged.

“Cousin?” Sehun questioned Ji Ae.

“Yeah. You see, Taemin is Kai’s cousin beside his mother. To be honest, Kai is a great dancer too,” she answered.

“Wait- If Kai is great at dancing then why didn’t he joined this competition? Why didn’t all five of you join this competition?”

“You don’t know?” she questioned before turning to look at the five boys. “You guys didn’t tell him?”

“Oh, I thought Suho hyung already told him?” D.O said and they all looked at the eldest. Suho bit his bottom lip and rubbed the back of his neck.

“I forgot. Sorry, Sehun,” he apologized.

“Oh well, I’ll tell him. Sehun, they already entered the competition and won three years in a row. They entered as a group named, EXO-K. Don’t you noticed all those fangirls? You should learn their “History” since you are a member of EXO-K already,”

“I’m an EXO-K member?” Sehun asked as the five boys facepalmed while Ji Ae just chuckled.

“No, you’re the cleaner in this group,” Kai said sarcastically as he rolled his eyes. Sehun just smiled awkwardly. They then focused on the competition. Many talented people performed and it made Ji Ae nervous. A staff then approached Woohyun and whispered something to him. Judging by Woohyun’s expression he was shocked and kind of irritated.

“Haha, it looks like we have a new contestant. Everybody! Please welcome, Shin…,”

“Minhee….,”