Chapter 19 - July 14

July 14 [DISCONTINUED]

♦ July 14 ♦

 

Ji Ae's POV

 

I was sitting on a bench at the park, trying to memorize the songs for the Talent Competition. I had headphones on my head, hearing the song that EXO-K picked for me. I let out a sigh and looked around the park. There were so many sweet memories here. As if on cue, Juniel's Illa Illa started to play. I then got flashbacks of me and Luhan.

Flashback:

I was an ice cream cone, walking hand in hand with Luhan. This ice cream is so delicious and sweet! Luhan had mint while I had chocolate. I felt that someone was looking at me, I turned my head to my left side and saw that Luhan was staring at me with a stupid wide smile on his face.

"What?" I asked, still the ice cream.

"Nothing. I want to taste your ice cream, please?" He pleaded while blinking his eyes cutely.

"Why would I? It's not like you've never tasted chocolate before,"

"Ji Ae~" he whined.

"No," I pretended to be stern.

"Please~" he kept pouting and made puppy eyes at me.

"Ji Ae~~~~" he cooed.

"Oh okay! Geez," he smiled and quickly took a hold of my hand. He pulled the ice cream cone towards his mouth with my hand still holding it. He then pushed the ice cream at my mouth and laughed.

"LUHAN!" I screamed. I almost threw my ice cream at him but he took the cone away from me and threw it in the nearest bin. He took his handkerchief and wipe the ice cream stain on my mouth, but he didn't wiped the ones on my bottom lip.

"Hey! You forgot here," I said as I pointed at my lips. He smirked and looked at me.

"What's with that smirk-" I was cut off as he crashed his lips on mine. He started to my bottom lip. I gasped at his actions. He stopped and look at me with a sweet smile on his face.

"Stupid, Jae,"

 

"Ji Ae?" I heard someone called. I looked up at the person.

"Sehun," I mumbled. His brows were furrowed and he kneeled infront of me.

"Were you crying?" He asked. I wiped the tears on my cheeks with the sleeve of my cardigan.

"Why are you here?" I asked as he took a seat next to me.

"Oh, I needed some fresh air so I went here," he said. There was a few seconds of silence but then he broke it.

"Ji Ae?"

"Hmm?" I hummed.

"What really happened to you and Luhan?" He asked which made me looked at him. He was staring at me while biting his bottom lip.

"If you don't want to tell, i-it's okay-"

"Luhan," I cut him off.

"We were a really happy couple. He loved me and I loved him, so much. I remember how people told us that they were jealous of our relationship," I chuckled.

"Suho hyung and Baekhyun hyung already told me that," Sehun mumbled.

"It was my birthday, I got confused on why he was ignoring me like I was just a wind or something. I felt hurt with his attitude, so, I walked around Seoul to calm myself. As I was walking, I saw two familiar figures hugging at the park, this park to be exact," I looked around and pointed near a fountain.

"There. They were hugging each other there. I wanted to ignore the two but as I walked closer, I saw Luhan. He was hugging Shin Minhee. A girl who was clearly obsessed with him. She had tried everything to break us apart, but she always failed. I felt like my world has been crashed, Seeing the guy I love hugging with another girl," my lips trembled and tears started to roll down my cheeks.

"I was so stupid at that time," I then got a flashback of the scene.

 

Flashback:

"Luhan?" My voice cracked. He turned to face and his eyes widened. Minhee just smirked at me. I covered my mouth in shock.

"So, this was why you ignored me the whole day? You're cheating on me?" I asked. Tears were rolling down my cheeks.

"It's not what you think it is," he held my arm but I yanked it away from him.

"Don't touch me," I said in an icy tone. I glared at the both of them.

"I-I never thought that you'll do this to me. I loved you so much. But I guess you were playing with me all along,"

"Jae! You've misunderstood!" He tried to hold my hands but I shoved his hands away.

"No! Stay away from me!" I yelled and ran away.

"Jae!" I heard him called. But I kept running as fast as I could.

 

"I was so stupid at that time," I choked. 

"He tried to explain but, I kept pushing him away. I never gave him a chance to tell me everything,"

 

I was walking in the halls. Everyone had gone home. I stayed back 'cause I wanted to do some research about Bill Gates since Miss Tiffany told us to. As I was walking, a hand grabbed my wrist and turned me around.

"What do you want?" I asked as cold as I can. 

"Can you just please listen to me?" He begged but I kept acting like an ice princess.

"Why would I? It's already clear to me," I said and walked away.

 

Ever since that day, I started to avoid him even more. It pained me but, he cheated on me. So I can't do anything. I can just try to move on by avoiding him. It was time for P.E class, I was heading towards the field but then someone pulled me into the janitor's room and covered my mouth with his hand. 

"Don't scream," my eyes widened and I stepped on the persons foot.

"Jae!" He shrieked in pain. I almost opened the door but he took a hold of my wrists and pinned me at the wall.

"Please just listen to me this time," he pleaded. I gave him a cold stare. 

"Please just talk to me. I miss your sweet voice,"

"Let. Me. Go," I said coldly.

"No, not untill you listen to me,"

"Let me go! Luhan!-"

"Ji Ae?" I heard a voice called me. Both of us turned our head towards the door. Luhan's grip on my wrists were loosening and I took this chance to free myself. I put my hand on the door knob and twisted it open.

"Please don't avoid me, I miss you. Please, just let me explain," he said and started to sob. I walked out of the door and quickly ran to the toilet with tears running down my cheeks.

 

"There was also this one time when he stood in the rain, outside of my house. I ignored him and he got sick later. But that still never stopped me from avoiding him. On July 14, the day that he died, he stood outside of my house again. It was raining that night too, I got fed up with his attitude, so, I went out,"

 

Flashback:

"Let's talk at the park," I said as I dragged him to the park. As we arrived there, I folded my arms and turned to face Luhan. He was smiling at me.

"You're finally talking to me,"

"Yeah, and this will be the last time. Stop standing infront of my house all night," I said coldly.

"But Jae-"

"Don't call me that," I glared at him.

"We're over, let's just act like we don't know each other, from now on," I said to him, holding back my tears.

"We're not over! Please, I love you, Jae," he pleaded with tears running down his cheeks.

"From this day onwards, we're strangers. Erase me from your life. Don't text me, don't call me and don't look at me again! We're strangers now, I don't know you and you don't know me," I turned my back towards him.

"Goodbye, Luhan," tears rolled down my cheeks and I started to walked fast. As I got to the sidewalk, a hand grabbed my wrist and turned me around. Luhan crashed his lips on mine. I tried to push him away but he cupped my face and kissed me deeply, pouring all of his feelings in the kiss. I pushed him hard and I wiped my lips with my cardigan's sleeve.

"I hate you," I said in the most iciest cold tone ever. I started to cross the road, the cars were still driving on the streets, some honked at me, but I ignored it. I heard a really loud honk and I turned my head to the direction of the honk. A car was coming towards me, my eyes widened. I tried to run but it felt like my feet was glued on the road.

"Jae!"  I felt a hand pushed my back and I fell on the sidewalk. I heard a crashed and I looked at the road.

"Luhan!" I screamed and towards the body lying on the hard road. Blood covered the him and the street. I kneeled beside him and held his weak body tight.

"Luhan! Luhan! Wake up, you idiot!" I yelled and started to sob. I felt his pulse but there was nothing.

"Luhan! Call the ambulance, please!" I pleaded. I held Luhan tightly. 

"I'm sorry, it's all my fault. Please, don't leave me. I love you too," I mumbled and kissed his head.

 

"He died because of me, I killed him," I mumbled and started to sob even more.

"Luhan, I'm so sorry. I was so stupid," I felt arms around me, hugging me tighly.

"Shh," Sehun hushed me and caress my hair.

"It's not your fault, Ji Ae. It's not,"