Chapter 18 - Luhan

July 14 [DISCONTINUED]

• July 14 •

 

Sehun's POV

 

I just kept staring at Ji Ae. She was playing with her food, just staring at it blankly. I then remembered her story that she told at class just now. Who was this Luhan guy? More importantly, where is he now? I glanced at the EXO-K guys. They were all laughing and joking with each other. I stared down at my food, the table then became silent.

"Hey, are you guys, okay?" Baekhyun hyung asked.

"Huh?" I said.

"Did you guys fight or something?" Kai asked.

"What? No. Why did you guys think so?" 

"It's just that, the both of you are really quiet and it's kind of weird since you guys usually chat and laugh and all," Baekhyun explained to me.

"We're not fighting," Ji Ae said.

"I'm just not in the mood. But, I don't know about this guy here," she nodded at me.

"Are you not feeling well, Sehun?" Suho hyung asked.

"No, I'm fine really,"

"Then, why are you so quiet? It's really rare for you to be so quiet all of a sudden,"

"I'm just not in the mood,"

"There's something really wrong with you," Suho hyung mumbled.

"Boy PMS, probably," Kai said.

"Boys don't have PMS, idiot," D.O hyung mumbled. I guess they're still not in good terms.

"Shut up, ," Kai mumbled.

"What did you say?!" D.O hyung jumped up from his seat.

"I said ! Why? Are you mad?!" Kai mocked.

"You are the !"

"No you are!"

"Shut up!"

"You shut up!"

"Guys!" Suho hyung said sternly.

"Stop fighting already!" Baekhyun hyung said.

"Just say sorry to each other!" Chanyeol hyung exclaimed.

"NO!" Kai and D.O hyung said in unison.

"Stop copying me!" 

"Oh, for the love pete," Suho hyung pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I hate you!" D.O hyung yelled.

"I hate you more!"

"I hate you times ten!"

"Times a hundred!"

"Times a thousand!"

"A million!"

"Fine!"

"Fine!" The two folded their arms and turned their backs against each other. The bell then rang and we all went to our classes. I kept my hands in my pockets with Ji Ae walking beside me.

"Hey, Sehun?" Ji Ae called. I hummed.

"Are you okay?" I looked at her and she just looked down.

"Yeah, why would I not be okay?" 

"Oh, nothing,"

"Hey, Ji Ae,"

"Hmm?"

"Who's Luhan?" Ji Ae stopped walking.

"Luhan....he's-"

"Ji Ae?" We heard a voice said. Miss Tiffany came walking to us and she smiled.

"Can I talk to you for moment? In my office?" 

"Why-"

"It's about Luhan," Ji Ae stopped talking and looked at her with teary eyes.

"Okay....," Miss Tiffany smiled at me and took Ji Ae to her office.

 

"Sehun!" Baekhyun hyung and Suho hyung called and waved.

"Where's Ji Ae?" Baekhyun hyung asked.

"Oh, she and Chanyeol hyung went home early. She said that they are preparing for their dad's birthday party tomorrow," 

"Oh~" 

"Where's D.O hyung?" I asked while looking for the big eyes hyung.

"He went home early since he's in a bad mood," Baekhyun hyung answered.

"How about Kai?"

"He didn't want to see D.O so he went home early too," Suho hyung said.

"Hyung, can I ask you guys something?"

"What is it?" 

"Umm...," I rubbed the back of my neck, thinking whether I should ask them about it.

"What is it, Sehun?" Suho hyung said again.

"Who's.....,"

"Who's who?" Baekhyun hyung had a confused expression on his face.

"Who's Luhan?" I asked. Both of them had wide eyes, shocked I guess.

"How did you-"

"Ji Ae talked about him at class," I cut Baekhyun hyung off.

"She what?" 

"She told everyone about it for our English assignment, but the bell rang and stopped her from telling her story till the end. Miss Tiffany told her to not continue her story on the next class,"

"Why didn't you asked her then?"

"I did but then Miss Tiffany wanted to talk to her and I'm just really curious about it," I mumbled the six last words.

"Well, I guess we have a story to tell hyung," Baekhyun said and sat on the grass. We were at the school's field. Suho hyung joined him and patted the empty spot between them.

"What did Ji Ae told about Luhan?" Suho hyung asked as I sat with them.

"Well, she talked about how they met, how annoying it was and untill Luhan confessed to her,"

"Hmm, Baekhyun?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you like to talk about Luhan first?"

"Sure. Luhan hyung was the school's soccer team captain. He was popular among girls and boys, he has the looks and he was athletic. To be honest, he actually looks cute since he has big doe eyes, had a face of a little kid and he is sometimes childish," Baekhyun hyung chuckled.

"Just like what Ji Ae said, Luhan hyung really liked annoying her. He said that she's really fun to annoy. Clearly, Ji Ae hated it everytime he annoys her. She almost tear his head off once. But, Luhan hyung teased and annoyed her because he liked her," 

"Luhan hyung was always with her. He was always there to annoy her. He just likes her too much, and without the two realizing it, they fell in love with each other. Ji Ae thought she was crazy or something,"

"How did they become a couple?" I asked curiously.

"You see, after Luhan hyung confessed, he kept saying to people that Ji Ae was his. Ji Ae always asked when did she became his, and Luhan hyung would always answer, ever since he was in his mother's tummy. Then, on Christmas, Luhan hyung asked Ji Ae to be his girlfriend and she accepted it. They were a really happy couple," Baekhyun hyung smiled sadly.

"Time for me tell," Suho hyung said.

"Luhan and Ji Ae became the hottest, cutest and most popular couple in school since both of them are really popular and everyone loved them. They were really happy but then.....something bad happened," Suho hyung's smile was replaced with a sad expression.

"What happened?" I asked.

"He died," Baekhyun hyung stated.

"He....died? But how?" I asked, shocked.

"Well, it was Ji Ae's birthday. She got confused on why Luhan was ignoring her all day when actually, he ignored her because he wanted to give her a surprise. It was a bad idea. When Ji Ae was walking around town, she saw Luhan with a girl. Both of them were hugging, that was what Ji Ae thought when actually, the girl hugged him. Luhan hyung said that he tried pushing her away but she kept holding on him,"

"What? Who-who was the girl?"

"Shin Minhee," Baekhyun hyung grumbled.

"Shin Minhee always had this obsession with Luhan. She said she loved him but to us, it's clearly an obsession. She had always tried to make them break up but always failed. I guess she finally successed that time. Ji Ae misunderstood Luhan, she told him that they were over and from that day on, they became distant. Luhan tried to explain but she always avoids him,"

"That girl is such a ," I said.

"We weren't really sure what happened on that night but....Ji Ae called us and she kept crying while saying that Luhan was dead and it was her fault. Luhan was hit by a car. Ever since Luhan died, Ji Ae changed. She changed a lot. She became a loner, she rarely talks and smiles and she's always crying," I never thought that could happened, I thought to my self.

"When did Luhan died, hyung?" I asked.

"July 14,"