Chapter 14 - Talented Ji Ae

July 14 [DISCONTINUED]

Sehun's POV

 

Ji Ae, EXO-K boys and I were at the music room, choosing the right song for Ji Ae to sing at the Talent Competition's audition tomorrow. We've already went through 30 songs but none of those songs were the right songs for Ji Ae. We all kept quiet, thinking about what song that Ji Ae should sing at the audition tomorrow. It must be a song that Ji Ae knows.

"Ah!" We all looked at Kai.

"I got it!" He said and snapped his fingers.

"What?" We all excluding Ji Ae asked in unison.

"Umm...I forgot," Kai said and scratched his head. D.O hyung kicked his leg and he winced in pain.

"Ouch! Hyung!" He whined but D.O hyung just ignored him.

"I seriously have 0 idea," Chanyeol hyung said and pouted. Ji Ae just chuckled at her brother's cuteness.

"Hmm...How about Taylor Swift's Love Story?" Suho hyung suggested.

"Hmm...Love Story?" Ji Ae positioned the guitar and started to strum.

"We were both young when I first saw you.
I close my eyes and the flashback starts:
I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.
See you make your way through the crowd
And say, "Hello,"
Little did I know...

That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles,
And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"
And I was crying on the staircase
Begging you, "Please don't go"
And I said...

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone.
I'll be waiting, all that's left to do is run.
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess,
It's a love story, baby, just say "Yes","
 
Ji Ae finished singing and we clapped, her voice is just so beautiful. We were all still clapping and cheering for Ji Ae's beautiful singing, Ji Ae smiled shyly and played with her fingers.
 
"You're really great at singing," Suho hyung complimented. We all nodded our heads, agreeing to what the leader said.
 
"But still, that was not the right song," D.O said and frowned. Probably frustrated about what song is the right for Ji Ae's audition tomorrow.
 
Hmm...What song is perfect for Ji Ae to sing at the audition tomorrow? I tapped a finger on my chin and started to think. It was really quiet for a few minutes since we were all still thinking about what song Ji Ae should sing. I puffed my cheeks when I got no idea. Picking the right song is so frustrating! I messed my hair and then sighed. 
 
"Hmm, why don't you sing Juniel's Pretty Boy?" Baekhyun hyung suggested. I looked at Ji Ae and she was frozen in her seat. Her eyes were slightly widen. We all stared at Ji Ae waiting for her answer.
 
"No, that song doesn't suits me," Ji Ae mumbled but we still managed to hear her.
 
"Just try singing it, Ji Ae," Chanyeol hyung told her.
 
"Fine," She sighed and strummed the guitar.
 
"Jageun kie donggeurake saenggin eolgulhyeong

Ppulte angyeong eoullineun kkamjjikhan namja
Useul ttaemyeon nuni gamgyeo anboijiman
Ai gateun misol gajin geureon namja

Neomu sarangseureowo sunjinhan malturo
Soksagyeo juneun gwiyeoun namja
Yeonghwabaeucheoreom meotjin namjabodan
Gwiyeoun namjaga johayo 

Boy boy boy oh my pretty boy
Gaseumi tteollyeo oh my heart nal anajwoyo oh my boy
Boy boy boy oh my pretty boy
Nae sarang jullaeyo moduda hai ya ya ha

Hallo hallo baby hallo hallo baby
Oh oh oh my boy oh oh oh my boy
Hallo hallo baby hallo hallo baby
Oh oh oh my boy my pretty boy,"

While Ji Ae was singing, a tear rolled down her cheek. She looked...hurt. I looked at the EXO-K boys, they all had a shocked expression on their faces. I bet they didn't expect to see Ji Ae crying. When Ji Ae finished singing, tears kept falling from her eyes. She smiled sadly at nothing and her tears kept running down her cheek.

"Ji Ae?" I called and put a hand on her shoulder since I was sitting next to her.

"W-why are you crying?" D.O hyung stuttered.

"Ji Ae?" Chanyeol hyung called. Kai gasped and asked Ji Ae,

"Did that song had anything to do with.....him?" Ji Ae just kept quiet and I can see that she was trying to stop her tears.

"Ji Ae, I'm so sorry! I-I didn't know," Baekhyun hyung apologized. Ji Ae shook her head and smiled sadly at him.

"It's okay. Don't worry about me," Ji Ae assured us. There was a few minutes of silent, we wanted Ji Ae to calm herself first. After she was calm, we started to pick the right songs for her again. We aleady suggested around 25 songs but none of them were the right song for Ji Ae.

"I got it!" I exclaimed. They all looked at me and I cleared my throat.

"Ji Ae," I called her and she looked at me, waiting for me to say what I wanted to say.

 

On the audition day~

 

"Park Ji Ae?" Nam Woohyun called. EXO-K and I were all in the school's theater, waiting for Ji Ae to make her audition. Ji Ae went on stage. She bowed at the judges and then stood infront of the microphone.

"Hello, I'm Park Ji Ae. Today, I will be singing a song entitled, And One by Taeyeon of Girls' Generation," She said and she walked towards the piano. She sat on the piano bench, positioned the microphone and took a deep breath. She started to play the piano and then she started to sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLdh3WGcMSU (Play this! )

 

"Swipge sangcheo batgo swipge nunmullago swipge apeudeon nal gieokhanayo

(Do you remember me, who was easily scarred, easily cried, easily got hurt?)
 

Jigeumdo geuraeyo yeojeonhi gatayo 

(I’m still like that, I’m still the same)
 
ireon nal bomyeon eotteolkkayo

(I wonder how you will be when you see me like this)
 

Swipge doraseodo swipge meoreojyeodo

(Even if you easily turn away, easily get farther apart)

 swipge itji motal geudael arayo

(I know I wont easily forget about you)


Yeojeonhi ireon nal ajikdo ireon nareul bondamyeon

(If you see me, still the same, still like this)
 
babora hagetjyo
(You will call me a fool)
 

Wonhago wonhaeyo geurigo hana 

(I want you and want you, and one more thing)

apeugo apado geuraedo hanbeon

(I'm hurt and hurt but still, just once)

Darko darhajindedo 

(Even if it wears out and wears out)

nunmuri mareuji anhado

(Even if the tears don't dry)

 cheoeumeuro doragal su itdamyeon

(If only we can go back to the beginning)

Cheoeum majuchyeotdeon geuttae geu sigani wonmangseureowo jil ttaedo isseoyo

(There are times when I despise the moment we first faced each other)


Gakkeumeun iraeyo geuriumjocha heorak andoemyeon sumdo mot swimyeonseo

(I'm like this sometimes even though I can't breathe if I don't allow myself to long for you),"

As Ji Ae was singing, tears started to roll down her cheeks, we can see it clearly since we were sitting at the front row. Ji Ae....I said in my heart.