Chapter 2: Phone Call

Who Would've Thought?

Oh my gosh. My head is killing me. What happened  last night? Those were the first thoughts that came up to mind as soon as you woke up.

You realized you made it back home safely, if not you wouldn't be waking up on your bed. You looked around the room trying to understand what had happened the night before, when you looked at the clock on your side desk which read 7:45 a.m.

What? Aishh! You were going to be late to your Math class if you didn't hurry. You looked down to see the clothes you wore last night.

Whatever, I'll just change my shirt. You headed straight to your closet and put on a blue long-sleeved shirt on, threw your coat on and put on black boots. 

 

♦♦♦

8:01 a.m. You looked down to your wrist as you walked in class and headed to your usual seat. Just in time.

'_____-ah did you actually study for this? Is this why you're late?', asked DongMin.

'Yeah right! JiYun told us everything that happened last night! I can't believe someone actually walked you home the way you were looking haha', laughed SolBi.

You turned to see JiYun laughing and asked her, 'Someone walked ME home?'

'How can you not remember? For all I saw he was very handsome, he kind of resemb-', JiYun was about to finish her sentence when your professor entered the room. 

'Put everything away, except for pencil and an eraser', he said.

'Here we go .. If we actually make it through let's go to Inkiyago this next week and see them boys!', said SolBi while putting her papers back on her backpack.

You smiled and nodded at her.

Someone walked me home .. but .. Why can't I remember what his face looked like?

You were one of the last people to finish with the test. Honestly, how could you even concentrate when, first of all, you didn't study for this, which wasn't a big deal because you understood most of the lectures anyway, and second, flashbacks of last night kept coming and going throughout those 2 hours.

Where do you live? ... I'll be waiting for your call.

What? How could I call him if I did- 

THE PAPER! The paper with his number .. but where did you even leave it at.

You tried to remember where you put it, when arms locked around your waist.

'So are we going to see the boys or not? You better have passed, because they're almost done promoting Growl!', SolBi said while unwrapping her arms around you and taking a hold of your left hand.

'Yah! Of course! I need to go see Chanyeol and Baekhyun on those school outfits!', you replied while walking down the school hallway holding hands with her.

You were still getting used to all this affection towards you. You knew it was normal for people in South Korea to be affectionate, but you never thought it would apply to you, especially as fast as it had happened.

You saw JiYun and DongMin waiting for both of you at the side of the road.

'Where are we going now?', asked DongMin.

'Why would you even ask that? You know they're gonna go get tickets for a fansign or whatever it is those gay dudes do', said JiYun.

You were dying to go with SolBi, but you had this feeling deep inside and you knew you had to find that phone number.

'You guys go ahead, I need to go home and look for something, plus I'm having a headache.. Next time don't let me stay all by myself with soju!', you yelled as you walked back home.

 

As soon as you got home, you took your coat off and started looking everywhere for the damn paper.

Your bed, under the sheets, on your side desk, on JiYun's desk, the bathroom, the closet ...

Nowhere to be found. You sat down and hear the crumbling of paper on your back pocket of your jeans. You reached down and felt paper.

Is this it?! You took the paper and opened it. Numbers .. This were real numbers!

You took your phone and thought twice before dialing the number. What if he doesn't remember? What if he was just trying to be nice? He doesn't even know my name nor do I know his.

You didn't care, you knew you had to see him again, so you started dialing the number below.

It was the 6th tone already .. He probably won't ans-

'Yoboseyo?', the voice on the other phone asked.

You were quiet for what it felt hours, until he added, 'Is this you?'

'Who are you?', you asked.

'Pabo-yah .. This is ...'