Chapter 9: Secret

Who Would've Thought?

'_____-ah! Where have you been? You got me worried!' JiYun said as soon as you got home.

'I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention to the time' you answered as you made your way to the bedroom. 

You grabbed your pj's and headed to the bathroom to change, when JiYun's hand reached your shoulder and said, 'Are you okay?' 

You looked back at her and touched her hand as you smiled and nodded, making your way to the bathroom. As soon as you closed the door, you fell to the floor. Seriously what is going on? I don't understand why this is happening to me.. I'm not complaining or anything but it's just unbelievable.. You stood up and splash your face with cold water. WAKE UP! You said to yourself as you started changing. You looked on the mirror in front of you, with only your underware on. You analized yourself and couldn't understand what they saw in you. There were many fans out there who obviously were dying for them, yet both of them have become part of your life and you couldn't understand why. You tried to come up with any explanation to this madness when suddenly your phone started ringing. 

'Hello?' you said as soon as you picked up the phone.

'You know you never told me your name' said the voice on the other side of the line. You then froze where you were standing. Chanyeol. You could recognize this voice whenever and wherever. Seriously? This is really happening to me ... 

'Oh .. Jinjjayo?' you asked, realizing he was right.

'Yeah pabo-yah!' he laughed. Oh how nice was to hear his laughter. And then you could hear yourself laughing as well. YAH! Why are you even laughing? Ah jinjja.. Then you heard a knock on the bathroom's door. '____-ah, are you okay?' asked JiYun from the other side of the door.

'Mianhe! I'm okay' you told JiYun. 

'Oh! Were you busy? I should've texted you first. Ah jinjja. Mianhe!' said Chanyeol as soon as he heard you talking to JiYun.

'Anieyo! It's okay, it's just my roommate' you told him.

'Oh .. Does she know ..' he didn't finish the sentence and you were pretty sure he was asking if she knew about you meeting him.

'She doesn't know' you said with a smile on your face. Yah ... why are you smiling so much!? 

'I understand she is your friend and all bu-' he was saying when you cut him off.

'Oppa, don't worry. I won't say anything' you said with a smile on your face and then could hear him giggling.

'Sorry, she must be really close to you yet you have to keep this secret from her' he said.

 If only you knew this isn't the only secret I'm keeping from her. 

'She will understand' you said as you looked at your watch on your wrist. 9:30 p.m. Oh no .. waking up for tomorrow's class was going to be hard. 'Mianheyo, but I really should get going' you said.

'Of course! It is quite late.. But you never told me your name stranger' he laughed.

You smiled back and as soon as you realized you slapped yourself. GET IT TOGETHER! 'My name is _____-ah' you finally said back.

'Yah .. That is such a pretty name!' he said back.

'Kamsahabnida' you shyly said.

'Well then, we WILL keep in touch!' he said, 'Have a good night! And I'll try to contact you as soon as possible, arasso? Good night, ______-ah'

'Okay. Good night' you said before hanging up.

Wow .. so this is life huh? You started laughing, before going back out to your room.

You found JiYun sitting on her bed reading, like any usual night. You left your clothes on the laundry basket and made your way to your bed, then noticed JiYun was staring at you.

'What?' you asked as you were charging your phone.

'Who were you talking to that made you laugh so much?' she asked. She knew you didn't laugh as often as other girls would, so hearing you in the bathroom must of caught her off guard. Omo .. what am I supposed to say to her now?

'It was an old friend from the States that found my number. Sorry if I disturbed you' you decided to say. Jinjja mainhe JiYun. I hate to do this to you, but I hope you understand. 

'Anieyo .. I just found it weird that you were laughing so much. I mean,' she was saying as she turned off the lamp that was sitting on the desk next to her, 'don't get me wrong, but you barely laugh and I found it intriguing to hear you laugh like that, but I'm glad you could talk to some of your old friends' she said while smiling and laying down. 'Go to sleep! We have class tomorrow. Lucky you.. You only have one' she said as she laughed. 

Thank you JiYun. Soon. I hope I can let you know what's going on soon. 

'Hahaha that's true! Okay okay!' you laughed as you turned off your lamp.