Facing Reality

Who Would've Thought?

"I'm sorry Jiyun. You know I would never ask you to do anything like this, unless it was very important." you said as you were looking at you roommate, which wasn't really sure of what was happening right now. This wasn't like you and the most surprising thing was that you wanted to be alone, with a guy, or two, or who knows how many but it was sure that Jiyun's mind collapsed as soon as she heard that he was coming. You had to ask Jiyun to leave the apartment for you and him to be alone, for you to be able to talk to him, and you knew she wouldn't undersand at first but you rarely asked for favors like this, so you were hoping she would accept.

"So ... you want the apartment. For just the two of you? Three? How many people are coming again?" she asked, still amused at what she was listening to. 

"I told you, I can't tell you right now. I promise that after everything gets settled tonight I will explain everything." you said.

"Well ... " she started saying, but as soon as she looked at your eyes, she knew there was no going back, "okay fine. I know it's not my place to ask questions and I shouldn't get involved, but I'm just worried."

"But why? You know how well he treats me. Nothing bad has ever happened when I hang out with him, plus we're just going to be home. Talking." 

"And he's actually coming here .. ?" she said while packing a bag with her stuff, which meant she was going to leave you alone. And you were forever grateful to her, not only because she was going to leave you alone with him, but because she didn't ask any further questions and she understood what you were probably feeling.

"He is. I know you all want to meet him but I promise that once everything is settled tonight, I will make sure you guys are able to meet." you said as you looked at the clock sitting on the desk next to your bed. 5:45 p.m. It was almost time and Jiyun was still in the apartment.

"Okay, well if you need anything you know where I'll be and you just call and I'll be here any second. Okay?" she said as she took her bags and opened the door to the apartment.

"I will. Don't worry" you said as you smiled back at her. "Thank you, Jiyun. I really am thankful for all you've done for me." Surprisingly Jiyun took a hold of your hand and said, "I know I'm not the warmest of people and I don't usually show my emotions, but know that I will always be there for you." You didn't know how to react and all you could think of doing was grabbing her and holding her in your embrace, trying to fight back the tears that were forming in your eyes.

"I know." you said as you took a step back and let go of her.

Both of you didn't say anything else, and you watched as Jiyun made her way outside the apartment. You closed the door and all there was left inside was the silence of the apartment and the anxiety that was running through your body. Quickly you went into your room and checked the clock once again. 5:58 p.m.  Time flew by and you didn't realize it was already time, when the doorbell rang. It made you jump in the spot you were standing at and for a minute you didn't know what to do. You stood there, frozen, when the doorbell rang once again. You headed towards the door and had to take deep breaths before deciding to actually turn the doorknob.

"'Long time no see!" he said as he smiled. That smile that made your heart flutter. You half smiled trying to put all thoughts away. 

"Please, come in." you said as you lead him in into your apartment.

"I'm glad I'm able to see you, I have a lot to talk about with you." he said as he made his way to the couch and sat down.

"Do you want anything to drink or eat?" you asked him making your way to the kitchen, trying to avoid eye contact with him and also trying not to start any conversation any time soon. 

"No, I'm good thanks. All I really want to do is sit and talk with you." he said as he stood up and made his way to the kitchen, when the doorbell rang once again. You were surprised and quickly looked at him. He looked concerned at first, but what caught your attention was when he started moving towards the door. You quickly made your way to the door before he could open it. Grabbing the doorknob you looked at him in the eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked as he grabbed your free hand. His touch felt warm in your hand, making you look down at. This is going to be harder than I thought. 

"Whatever happens, please promise you'll stay and hear to whatever I have to say." you said as you let go of the doorknob to put your hand on top of his.

"Sure, but you're scaring me." he said as he stepped closer towards you, closing the space between the two of you. You brought your hand to his chest and said, "Trust me, everything's going to be alright." Hopefully. He stood there a little longer, until the doorbell rang for the second time, reminding you of what was happening.

He stood behind you as you opened the door. Here we go ... 

"Hey sorry I'm la-" the person behind the door started saying, when they met eyes with the person behind you. "Chanyeol?"

"Baekhyun?"