Lost opportunity

Who Would've Thought?

Baekhyun led the way to the car that had been parked in front of the park that was facing your apartments. You were still smiling at all that was happening and especially at the thought Baekhyun had put into all of this. You never thought he would do anything like this, especially for you, who he barely had met. You looked up at him and he was looking at you with a big smile on his face. He realized that he had been caught and suddenly looked away. You could tell his cheeks were blushing, so you grabbed his arm and put your arm around it as you made your way to the car. He looked at you and gave your arm a small squeeze with his other hand. 

You finally made your way to the car and he opened the door for you. As he made his way around the car to the other door, you looked down at your phone and at the text that was screaming at you.

What are you doing? I miss you kkk - Chanyeol 

You weren't sure of what to answer. You weren't even sure if you should answer or not. The door to the car opened and you looked at Baekhyun get in the car, smiling at you.

"I really hope you enjoy the night. I did say I wanted to talk to you, but we'll talk about what I want when we get to the restaurant." he said as he grabbed your hand in his.

"I'm pretty sure I will. I should say this now and I will probably later tonight, but thank you. For all of this." you said, looking directly in his eyes.

"There's no need for that. Thank you for accepting my invitation tonight. Even though you had to leave like that yesterday. I'm only glad Chanyeol went after you, because it can get dangerous around our area, especially with the many sasaeng following us. I only wish it would've been me that went after you, so I could explain to you." he said as he let go of your hand and looked out the window. He started to say something, it almost seemed like a whisper, but you were sure you had heard it. "But tonight. Tonight I'll explain everything. Sorry."

You decided not to say anything and just let him and his thoughts alone. When you less expected it you had arrived at the restaurant and could you say wow! What a place. Good thing you chose to wear what you did, because everyone looked so fancy. Yet you somehow felt bad at Baekhyun spending so much money on you, because this was definitely a non-cheap restaurant. He got out of the car before you and ran to your side to open the door for you. You smiled at him as you took the hand he had stretched towards you. He led you in to the restaurant without letting go of your hand. 

"Do you have reservations?" the host asked.

"Under Byun Baekhyun" Baekhyun answered.

"Oh, yes. Mr. Byun, please follow me." the host lead the way to the farthest table. It was sitting on the other side of the restaurant with little people surrounding it, but the view that it provided was beautiful. The table was located in front of a pair of big windows which were facing the Han River and the city. The lights of the city and around the river made everything seem like it was a fairytale.

The waiter came around, "May I start you with anything to drink?" 

Baekhyun looked at me and then to the waiter, "If you could please bring us 2 cups of water please."

"My pleasure." said the waiter as he made his way to the kitchen. 

"I'm pretty sure we don't want you to drink any alcohol tonight." laughed Baekhyun.

"Really funny! It happened just once!!" you said as you laughed with him.

A phone started ringing and you knew it wasn't yours, since yours was on vibrate. You saw Baekhyun moving around, until he took his phone out. He looked at the screen and everything went cold. His expression wasn't that good, but he excused himself from the table. He walked away and started whispering, yet you were able to make some things out. Right now? Well .... yeah I am pretty busy ... He then looked at you, and you were surprised. You didn't want him to think you were stalking him, so you just smiled at him and looked out the window, but you were still trying listen to what he was saying. Alright ... I'll be there in a litlle ... Yeah yeah ... It's worth it. You know it. When he was done with his call, he walked back to your table with a worried face.

"Is everything okay?" you asked him.

"Everything's alright, it just seems that ... well one of my cousins came to Seoul to visit the other day and it seems she hasn't been feeling so well, so she had to go to the hospital. I can take you to your home on my way there. I am so sorry. I know I promised we'd talk but ... " he didn't finish his sentence.

Somehow you knew that wasn't what really had happened, but you couldn't do anything about it now. "No, don't worry about me. You go. I'll take taxi back. Please, family is always first." you said as you stood up from the table.

He took his wallet out of one of the pockets on the jacket and pulled some cash out. "Here, please take it. You have no idea how bad I feel for doing this to you. At least let me pay for the taxi." You knew that he was going to insist if you didn't accept, so you grabbed it and smiled at him. You gave his arm a little squeeze before he left. And there he went. His back looked so broad and those jeans looked good on him. His hair moving back and forth as he made his way to the car. You just stood there in the middle of the room facing the river.

You grabbed your phone. 

I'm walking around the Han River. Want to come? 

I'll be there in a few minutes (:~ Chanyeol 

You couldn't understand why, but there were tears strolling down your face as you sent that text.