Now what?

Who Would've Thought?

You stood frozen in front of him. He just kissed you. KISSED YOU. What the hell .. What just happened? Why did he kiss me? 

 

"You must be wondering why I kissed you huh?" He said as he looked up at you. You couldn't face him, so you took your eyes away from him, trying not to make eye contact. He suddenly stood up and walked your way. You tried to step back, but he grabbed your hand and hold it in his, while he lifted your chin up, "and I wouldn't mind doing it again." As soon as he lowered his head, your phone started ringing. Solbi.Thank you Solbi! You reached down and answered the phone.

 

"_________-ah!!!!!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? Do you have any idea of how worried I was! Oh my god! I thought of the wors-" she didn't get to finish her sentencewhen you cut her up.

 

"Solbiyah … I'm okay. I'm on my way home right now. I'll tell you about it later okay? I'm really tired right now and just want to get home. I'm sorry I didn't reach you any sooner, but my phone died and I just found a place where I could charge it." You finished saying, hoping that would be enough for her to agree and hung up. Wrong.

 

"Where were you? Are you fricking serious? Do you know what time it is? I mean yeah its Friday, but you had me worried! What if some-" Solbi ... Please not now ... "Solbi … tomorrow. Please? Let's go to the cafe tomorrow morning. I'll pay." You knew she couldn't resist a free breakfast. "You better be paying, you little .." She said before hanging up and sending you a text right away with a smiley face and a heart after it. Well that was easy, now to think what I'll have to say to her. 

 

"You're going to tell you friend about this?” He stepped back, and looked down.

 

“Of course not, I would never do anything to hurt you guys. I’ll just have to come up with an excuse. It’ll be okay.” You said as you looked down at your hands, trying not to make eye contact with him.

 

“I am sorry about all this. I am pretty sure that you weren’t expecting any of this to happen. Especially ...” He didn’t finish his sentence, but you could tell he was embarrassed. You tried to look at him, and found yourself reaching for his hands. You took a hold of them and said, “It’s okay. I am quite tired right now, I should be heading home.” You smiled at him and bowed down, slowly letting go of his hands. You started walking away, when he made his way to your side.

 

“I think it’ll be better if I walk you home, especially this late at night. Plus being tall has its perks.” And honestly, you couldn’t be happier that Chanyeol was walking you home. You both were quiet while making your way home and you didn’t mind, because at that moment you didn’t know what to say and had still to process what had just happened in the past hour. One thing kept haunting your mind though. Baekhyun .. You knew it wasn’t your fault that Chanyeol had kissed you, yet you felt somewhat guilty to Baekhyun because he was the first who was interested and he was always so nice and so thoughtful. But tonight was something you couldn’t get out of your mind. The way he looked at you. It hurt. And it was something you didn’t understand why or how, but it did. There was so much going on your head, and all you needed right now was a warm and long shower. But you knew you would have to answer to Solbi as soon as you got home. Ugh .. Why does this have to be so complicated?

 

“I think we are here.” You heard Chanyeol said which made you look at him and see the smile he had. And at that moment you fell even harder for him, because you knew what a rich teeth he was and what a beautiful smile he had, but was never able to actually admire the beauty of him. He was just plain beautiful and perfect and it hurt, because you felt you were not worthy of all this attention you were receiving. You looked at his eyes again and realized he was staring at you as well. You quickly looked away, feeling your cheeks warming up.

 

“Thank you, I appreciate you walking me home tonight.” You said as you bowed and started to walk away, when suddenly he grabbed your arm and pulled your body against his, embracing you so tight. You couldn’t do anything but to pull your arms around him and hug him back.

 

“Thank you, for appearing into my life.” He said as he let go of you. He smiled and walked away.

 

You stood there, watching his back as he walked away from you. You were just in shock of all that had happened. You made your way to your apartment, to find Jiyun laying down in bed. As soon as she saw you, she ran out of her bed and hugged you. Woah … She’s hugging me … She must’ve been really worried.

 

“Mianhe. Jinjja.” You said as you hold her back. “Just don’t ever lose contact with me for such a long time okay?” She stepped back and lightly patted your shoulders as she smiled at you. Something you loved and hated about Jiyun was that she never asked why. She would let you say whatever you needed and she would be there to listen and to give her opinion, but only if you started speaking. She would never ask a million questions like Solbi did, which could get a little suffocating. And right now, you were thankful Jiyun hadn’t asked any questions about your whereabouts nor what you’ve been doing.

 

“I need to take a shower. I’ll be back.” You said as you took your pj’s and your towel in the bathroom.

 

You closed the door behind you and the shower waiting for the hot water to come out. As you were undressing and about to step in your phone vibrated. A text. Chanyeol? Could it be him? Stop! Don’t get attached you idiot! You took your phone and opened it

 

Let’s talk tomorrow please? Dinner at 8? Don’t make any other plans okay? I really want to talk ~~ Baekhyun.

 

Well … Now what?