The Secret

Who Would've Thought?

You found yourself sitting on the steps, facing the river. The night was beautiful. The lights of the city reflected on the water, the sound of cars driving by, the laughter that came from the apartments near by, the screaming of a newborn baby as he calls for his mom. Everything was beautiful, yet why did you feel so unhappy? It wasn't long until you notice how many couples were walking around. It made you feel a little jealous to see the happy couples walk by, laughing with each other, holding hands, and some even hugging each other. You knew Baekhyun was hiding something but you couldn't make out what it was. He did say he was looking forward to tonight, he even asked you not to make any other plans. But, why? Why would he leave like he did? It seemed like an emergency and even though he explained the reason for his sudden leave, you weren't able to fully believe his story. You were so caught up on your thoughts that you didn't realize someone had sat down next to you, until his hand brushed against yours, which made you flinch back and turn your head around.

"Why so lonely on such a beautiful night?" You didn't recognize the man and you could smell the scent of alcohol coming from his mouth. You moved farther to your right as he kept on getting closer and closer.

"I'm waiting for a friend actually." You said, noticing he kept on moving forward and forward closing the space between you two.

"Why don't I wait with you?" He laughed, making the smell of alcohol fill the little space between you. You turned away, trying to get the smell away from you.

"C'mon, don't by shy. You're already wearing quite the outfit." He said as he looked at you from top to bottom, bringing a hand to your exposed thigh. You had forgotten you were wearing a short skirt, and you took his hand on yours and brushed it to the side.

"Why don't you go your way and I go my own? Obviously you had too much to drink and you're not thinking straight." You said as you stood up and walked down a few steps.

He grabbed your wrist and pulled you close to him, making you fall into his arms. He put an arm around your waist holding you tighter against him. You felt his other arms go around your shoulders, squeezing them hard. You tried to get away but it was impossible. He lowered his head to your neck and smelled your scent.

You tried to push him away from you, but his grip on you was too strong. "You are totally my type. Don't fight it. It'll hurt more." He said with a smile on his face. There were tears in your eyes.  Great, this was the last thing you needed. You pushed him one more time, hard, and he lost balance, making him fall on the steps you once were sitting on. At the sight of this, you took the opportunity to make your flee and ran as fast as you could, not looking back. You kept running and running with tears hitting the ground as you lost track of time. You felt like you were running for hours, but you didn't mind. You wanted to get as far as possible from that creep, from that area, from tonight, from the thought of being alone. You had your eyes closed the entire time, which made it impossible to see what or who was in front, when suddenly you bumped into someone, hard. You started to bow, when you decided to look up. There he was. Wearing a black coat and underneath a black dressing shirt, with black skinny jeans and his all time favorite shoes. You looked at him again to double check it was actually him. He grabbed your hand and brought you closer to him, making you throw your arms around him and cry on his chest. You couldn't stop crying and all he did was your hair, slowly while he rested his chin on top of your head. You hold unto him harder, not wanting to let go. 

 

A few minutes passed by, which felt like hours, and your sobs started to faint. You realized what you were doing, which made you step back from him and immediately bow. 

"Sorry. I'm sorry." You said as you bowed continously. He grabbed your wrist and pulled you closer to him, recreating the scene you had before.

"I'm sorry you had to wait for me. I'm sorry I wasn't there to help. If you don't want to talk about it, it's okay. I'm sorry. But I'm here now and I promise I'll never let you go, I'll never let anything or anyone hurt you anymore." He said as he hold your head against his neck, embracing you like never before. You brought your arms to his back and clung to him. You felt so in peace when you were around him, so protected. Both of you kept the embrace for a few minutes until your phone started vibrating inside your pocket. He let go, brushing his thumb under one of your eyes as he smiled at you. You smiled back and grabbed your phone.

Baekhyun ... He was calling you. I can't answer with Chanyeol here ... Sorry. You let your phone rang as you settled it down on your pocket once again.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" He said as he brushed his thumb under your other eye, clearing the dry tears which had been settling down.

"It's not important." You said as you closed your eyes, feeling the warmth of his finger on your face. You opened your eyes to find him smiling at you, which made you turn away with cheeks flushed in emabrrassment. 

"You look really pretty tonight. You didn't have to dress up for me." He said.

I didn''t ... you thought with a sigh following right after.

"I just threw some clothes on." You chuckled.

"Well then, don't throw clothes on that often." He said looking down at his finger. "What am I supposed to do when all Korea would want to date you?" He looked up at you, with a big smile on his face.

"Well then it would be my decision on who to date, don't you think?" You said as you smiled back.

He touched your cheek gently, and then brought himself to suddenly ask, "You don't have a boyfriend right?"

You looked up at him, and started laughing, bringing new tears to your face. "Do you think I would go out at night dressed like this, meeting a superstar, if I had a boyfriend?" You kept on giggling as he added in a low voice, "Then it must be my lucky day." You looked up at him and found him looking away with what seemed a smile on his face. You could tell he was flustered as he grabbed your hand and started walking with you along the river.

You were expecting him to let go of your hand after a couple of seconds, but it didn't seem like he was going to let go for a while. You phone started to vibrate again. You took it out with your free hand and looked at the text message.

I know I need to explain myself. I hope you can forgive me. ~ Baekhyun

You didn't know what ot think of the message. It made you wonder what he was really hiding. 

"Are you sure you don't want to answer?" Said Chanyeol as he looked at you then at your phone. You quickly put it away, hoping he didn't see who the message was from.

"No, really." You said with a smile. 

"You know, I still think Baekhyun should apologize from the other night. He shouldn't have acted the way he did infront of you." He said, almost as if he had been reading your mind. "But you can't blame him. It must be hard to date someone. But I wouldn't know ..." He said with a smile. You couldn't reciprocate to his gesture after what he had said.

Baekhyun is dating someone? What is he talking about? He hadn't ask me out. Or at least not that I remember. 

It all made sense now. The way he acted that night, the way he was always hiding. Chanyeol was just as famous, yet he wasn't hiding tonight. Baekhyun always seemed to hide from something, or someone. Now you understood why he left the way he did tonight. Was that her calling him? You knew he was hiding something but never in a million years, you would've thought this was it.