What a Surprise

Big Girls Need Some Lovin' Too!

Ji Yeon's POV

"And one, two,three,and four" said the exercise lady on the television. I was spending another Saturday night trying to work out and lose weight instead of having an social life.

"Ji Yeon, time for dinner!" yelled my Umma. I paused my fitness tape and headed for the kitchen. I sat next to my father and little brother at the table as mother served us our plates. My plate had a spoonful of bulgogi while everyone elses were three or four spoonfuls. I ate my spoonful but wanted more. I tried to fight my craving but ended up eating almost the whole bowl of bulgogi.

"I thought you were trying to lose weight?" asked my mother.

"I'm weak" I said, rubbing my stomach from eating so much.

"You don't need to lose weight anyway! Your beautiful and have nice curves"

"They're not curves they're rolls"

"Well whatever you want to call them they still are a good thing. Aren't they honey?" she asked my father.

"Sure are. That's was the first thing that got my attention when I seen your mother for the first time"

Then they started giggling ertedly.

I looked at them with a disgusted face.

"I'm going for a jog" I said. I grabbed my sweater and headed outside. I jogged for three minutes then started walking. I needed more motivation. After I walked a few blocks I turned around and started walking back home.

I noticed an old women was in front of me. I watched as her old body slowly moved up the sidewalk. Then out of the blue she fell to the ground. I panicked and hurried over to her, helping her off the ground and then dialed 911. I waited for the ambulance to come, when they finally arrived they asked me to go to the hospital so I could explain how long she had been on the ground and how hard she fell and such.

After I finished answering all the nurses questions I waited in the waiting room, anxious. I hoped the old lady was alright. I sat there biting my nails until a nurse told me I could go see the little old lady. I lied and said I was related just in case something was seriously wrong with her and I could possibly help. As I walked into the room I seen the old lady was sitting up in the bed.

"Are you the lovely young lady that saved me?" she asked and smiled. I nodded.

"Thank you, if it weren't for you I might have been lying there forever" she said then started to reach for her bag she was carrying. She pulled out her wallet and handed me $80.

"I can't take your money. I helped you out of kindness, not for a reward" I said.

"Well isn't that sweet of you"

I smiled.

"I wish my grandson was as nice as you, I feel stupid asking this because you are so pretty, but do you have a boyfriend?"

"No I never had one"

"Well if it's not to much of a burden, would you consider dating my grandson so he can be a good person like you?"

Not knowing what to answer I slowly nodded my head. She took out a pen and a little piece of paper and wrote something on it and handed it to me.

"Go here tomorrow and meet him" she said.

"Okay, I have to go home now so I hope you feel better, bye" I said, and left the hospital.

---The Next Day---

"I think this is the place" I said as I stood in front of a coffee shop. I looked at the paper address then the address on the building and seen they were the same. I went in and sat at a table and waited.

Time passed as I sat there waiting for the grandson of the old lady. I had grew so bored I started playing with the coffee mixer sticks. As I was playing with the mixer things I accidently knocked a whole bunch onto the ground. I got down and started picking them up.

"Are you the girl that helped my haelmonim?" I heard a voice ask. I looked up and couldn't believe my eyes.

Kwon Ji Yong had been the old ladies grandson!