Chapter 9

Prove It

 

As Sehun began walking towards the University’s front gate, he could already see Luhan there waiting for him.  Just looking at the boy made Sehun smile, causing his previous nerves to disappear. 

 

Stepping up beside the boy, Sehun slipped his arm around Luhan’s waist and led them down the busy street.  ‘I really hope this festival isn’t stupid…’ thought Sehun.

 

“So where are we going?” asked Luhan, noticing the lights and the smell of high calorie treats.

 

“There’s a festival going on down here.  I thought we could hang around for a bit.” replied Sehun, looking ahead at the streets full of people.

 

“I haven’t been to one of these in a while! This is will so much fun, especially since I’m here with you…” said Luhan, as he glanced down at his feet, a little embarrassed by the comment he just made.

 

Happy with the compliment, Sehun took a hold of Luhan’s hand and began weaving through the crowd of people.  Even though this was a fairly small festival, there was a lot to do here.  There were pottery stands, jewelry stands, food carts, live music… Sehun didn’t know where to start.  Luckily, he was brought out of his dilemma when Luhan tugged on his hand, pulling him towards what looked like a little game stand.  Sehun could see the prizes to be won, so it was clear to him that Luhan was expecting a stuffed animal.

 

“You want me to win you a prize?” asked Sehun, smirking down at the smaller boy.

 

Laughing a bit before looking up at Sehun, Luhan said, “Of course! This is a date isn’t it? You’re supposed to win me something.”

 

“I guess I can try...since you’re worth it.” said Sehun, winking at Luhan as he stood before the worn out game stand.

 

Picking up a ring, Sehun eyed one of the bottles that he knew he could easily land on and tossed it.  With both his height and his long arms as an advantage, Sehun got it on the first try.  Smiling over at Luhan triumphantly, Sehun told Luhan to choose a prize. 

 

Proud of Sehun for doing such an amazing job with the game, Luhan hooked his arm with the boy and scanned the options.  After much debating, Luhan chose the fluffy blue teddy bear, giving it squeeze as they headed towards one of the food stands.  Luhan had said that he wanted something doughy, so Sehun got them a honey drizzled waffle to share.  Sitting down on a nearby bench, the two boys began picking at the sticky treat.

 

While feeding Sehun a piece of the dessert, Luhan looks up to see a small group of students walking up to them, recognizing one of the boys to be the one from the other day.  Nudging Sehun with his knee, Luhan gestures towards the boys and girls making their way over. 

 

Glancing up, Sehun makes eye contact with the boy from their Economics class.  Sensing bad news, Sehun puts down the plate and scoots a bit closer to Luhan. 

 

“Hey guys.  Having a nice date?” said the boy, earning a few snickers from the small group behind him.

 

“What do you want?” said Sehun, not in the mood for anyone to be bothering him and Luhan.

 

“Oh nothing.  I just wanted to say that you’re lucky for picking up such a cutie, and to congratulate you on your hundredth .” the boy said, eyeing Luhan with a look of pity.

 

“What are you talking about?” Sehun said angrily, ready to step up and tell this boy off.

 

“I mean, this kid just looks like the perfect , doesn’t he?  So innocent and seemingly unaware of your intentions.” said the boy, motioning towards Luhan.

 

Pissed beyond belief, Sehun stood up and was ready to hit this guy for talking about Luhan in such a way, but was stopped when Luhan grabbed his arm.

 

“Sehun…don’t.  Please don’t start anything here.  Just leave it...” said Luhan, looking at Sehun with pleading eyes. 

 

Torn between punching this guy and listening to Luhan, Sehun ended up pulling Luhan away from the group of students and lead them back to the center of the festival, hoping the crowd of people would keep his mind off that guy he suddenly wanted to kill.

 

“Sehun, are you okay?” asked Luhan, wanting to make sure the taller boy wasn’t going to over react. 

 

“Am I okay? I should be asking if you’re okay! I can’t believe those guys; talking about you like that…it makes me so ing mad.  You know I don’t see you like that Luhan, right?” said Sehun, holding Luhan’s shoulders to get his point across.

 

Luhan gave a small smile and nodded, knowing very well that Sehun doesn’t see him in that way, but what those guys said still really bothered Luhan.  ‘Was Sehun really that much of a player? And a hundredth …is that what I’m seen as?’ thought Luhan.  He didn’t want to doubt his relationship with Sehun when they haven’t even been together a whole two weeks yet, but it’s hard when Luhan knows that he’s being viewed this way.  ‘How many people has Sehun been with?’ thought Luhan.  There were so many things that he didn’t know, and Luhan’s just now realizing that he may be jumping into this relationship a bit too fast.  He’s going to need some answers if this relationship was going to continue smoothly.

 

After trying to distract Sehun from what happened earlier, Luhan was getting pretty tired.  It had been an amazing date, minus the issue with the familiar boy, so Luhan was pleased over all.  Plus, Luhan knew that Sehun had never been on a date before (courtesy of Chanyeol) so the boy must have tried his best.  As the two of them were walking through the stands, Luhan began to yawn, causing Sehun to look over at the smaller boy.

 

“Are you tired? Want to head back?” asked Sehun, feeling ready to go back himself.

 

“Yeah, I’m kind of tired.  I had so much fun though.  Thanks for taking me.” said Luhan, blushing while holding his teddy bear close.

 

“Ah it’s nothing. I had fun too.” said Sehun, leading them down the street back towards campus.  Sehun was really lucky to have Luhan, and he knew this.  He didn't want the other boy to lose hope in them being together because of what that guy said before. 

 

As they were walking along, Sehun suddenly stopped and pulled Luhan into a hug.  He feels awful about what happened earlier and didn’t know how to make it up to the smaller boy.  Sehun just wishes he could turn back time and erase all his bad decisions. 

 

When Luhan surprisingly found himself buried in Sehun’s chest, he smiled, wrapping his arms around Sehun in response.  He still has questions, but for now, he’s happy with Sehun. 

 

“I’m serious about you Luhan.  I want you to trust me on that…” said Sehun, pressing his lips to Luhan’s ear as he spoke.

 

Luhan’s breath hitched when he felt Sehun so close, a feeling of warmth enveloping him.  Leaning back to look at Sehun properly, Luhan gave him a peck on the lips, still a bit shy at kissing the boy so openly.  But unlike him, Sehun wasn’t as shy and he leaned in, letting his tongue sweep over Luhan’s lips.

 

With his body now in control, Luhan opens his mouth and tilts his head to the side, allowing Sehun to deepen the kiss.  Their lips moved in perfect harmony, never leaving each other’s as they were lost in their own little world.  Both of them overcome with the same intensity.

 

Finally pulling away to catch their breaths, the two boys looked at each other, smiling in contentment as they began to continue their walk back to the dorms.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: yay double update! luhan wants to learn more about sehun's past, but he's happy with the way things are going :) but that boy and his friends seem to want to cause trouble so sehun better watch out...and WOO-HOO for like 140 subs! thanks guys :)