Chapter 17

Prove It

Tapping his mechanical pencil on the desk, Luhan sighs. His class is almost over and he’s excited to get out of there, but he’s nervous to see Sehun. With his newly found feelings towards the boy, Luhan is afraid it’ll become awkward between him and Sehun. ‘That’s normal though, right? This is a big deal, so there’s no problem with feeling nervous…’ thought Luhan, pushing his chair away from the desk and gathering his notebooks after the bell rings.

 

As he exits the classroom, Luhan is pulled aside by a strong arm. Not quite ready to face his boyfriend just yet, Luhan just keeps his head down.

 

“Sehun, I—” begins Luhan, but is interrupted when a voice not belonging to whom he expected cuts him off.

 

“Sehun? Guess again.”

 

Looking up at the faintly familiar voice, Luhan’s eyes widen when he see’s the boy who confessed to him just the other day. “Taecyeon…”

 

“Surprised?” asked Taecyeon.

 

“Yeah, a bit. I thought you were Sehun.”

 

“Oh. Right, of course…” replied Taecyeon, fists clenching in slight anger. He just couldn’t understand why a guy like Luhan, all sweet and kind, is dating such a . It really pissed him off. ‘Does Luhan even know about his ty reputation?’ thought Taecyeon.

 

“So, did you need me for anything?” Luhan asked timidly.

 

“Well, I’m hosting a party next weekend and I was wondering if you were available.”

 

Biting his lip and avoiding Taecyeon’s gaze, Luhan fought the urge to just run away. He couldn’t believe this guy was still pursuing him while knowing about his relationship with Sehun. ‘Can’t he just leave me alone?’ thought Luhan.

 

“Umm…I don’t really like parties.” said Luhan, preparing to lie his way out of this.

 

“Really? But you were at that party with Sehun not too long ago.”

 

“Right, but we left almost immediately…”

 

“How about you take some time to think about it. I’d really like to see you there.” said Taecyeon, giving Luhan a teasing smile.

 

“I’ll talk to Sehun about it.” said Luhan, hoping that the constant mention of his boyfriend would cause the taller boy to just give up.

 

“Sehun…” began Taecyeon, “can I ask why you’re with him?”

 

 

 

 

Hurrying down the hallway to meet Luhan at his class, Sehun was excited to surprise his boyfriend. Usually, Sehun wasn’t able to meet Luhan after his class on Thursdays since his professor always kept them till after the bell, but today was different. His class had done well on their last exam, so Sehun’s professor let them out early as a reward.

 

‘I hope I didn’t miss him…’ thought Sehun, bumping into a few people here and there while scanning the hallway for Luhan.

 

 

 

 

“What do you mean why am I with him? I just am. He’s really great…” said Luhan, hating the fact that he needed to give an explanation.

 

“You know he used to around, right?” said Taecyeon, unable to silence the jealousy inside of him.

 

“Do you really have to say that?”

 

“You clearly don’t know about Sehun’s—”

 

“I do know, but I don’t care! I’m sick of everyone pointing that out!” exclaimed Luhan, eyes watering over the constant reminder that Sehun has a history. He and Sehun have a wonderful relationship and Luhan is fed up with his peers and their incessant gossip.

 

“You can’t be serious! How could you not care?”

 

“Because I love him!” cried Luhan, ignoring the last few students scattered throughout the hallway as a single tear traveled down his cheek.

 

Shocked at the sudden declaration, Taecyeon struggled to swallow as he looked up and locked eyes with Sehun, who was standing just to the right of Luhan, a few feet behind him.

 

“I-I…” Taecyeon stuttered, slowly backing away from the couple before turning the nearest corner.

 

Resting a hand on Luhan’s shoulder, Sehun softly called his name, “Luhan?”

 

Startled at the sound of Sehun’s voice, Luhan whipped his head around and wiped his eyes the best he could. “Sehun-ah.”

 

“I love you too.”

 

“What?” asked Luhan, still stunned after what just happened.

 

“I love you…” repeated Sehun, giving Luhan a heartfelt smile.

 

With new tears threatening to fall, Luhan could only bury his head in Sehun’s chest and reply with a muffled, “You really mean it?”

 

“Of course I do.” said Sehun, kissing the top of Luhan’s head.

 

Looking up at his boyfriend, Luhan leaned up to give him a proper kiss on the lips, savoring the moment.

 

 

 

 

“They’re so cute…” said Baekhyun, looking up from his notes to admire the couple before him. Luhan was sitting between Sehun’s legs, back pressed to his chest, while going over their study guide.

 

“We’re pretty cute too, Baek.” said Chanyeol, leaning over to give the boy a kiss on the cheek.

 

Blushing at the comment, Baekhyun agreed and rested his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder. The four boys were in Sehun and Chanyeol’s room, studying for their upcoming midterms for the first semester. Luhan and Sehun have been inseparable since the whole event that happened yesterday and they had already booked up their weekend with dates and other couple things, so tonight is really the only time to study together.

 

“Do you think they’re gonna do it tonight?” whispered Baekhyun, carefully eyeing Sehun and Luhan on the other bed.

 

“Do what?” asked Chanyeol.

 

Rolling his eyes at the obliviousness, Baekhyun said, “You know…it.”

 

“Oh right…maybe. I mean, they both said ‘I love you’ and I’m sure they want to, but the two of them would need a room.”

 

Nodding his head in response, Baekhyun grabbed his phone from the bedside table.

 

To: Chanyeol

 

Let’s give them the room.

 

Feeling his phone buzz beside him, Chanyeol opened the text from Baekhyun. Smiling at the message, Chanyeol began typing back.

 

From: Chanyeol

 

Aww, Baek. You’re so sweet wanting to give them alone time. I don’t mind, but what are we gonna do?

 

To: Chanyeol

 

We can tell them that we’re staying at my grandmother’s house over the weekend and that we won’t be here. That way, they won’t feel hesitant to use the rooms.

 

After reading the message and putting his phone back in his pocket, Chanyeol said, “Okay.”

 

Baekhyun smiled and moved his notes to the side, “Hey guys, Chanyeol and I are staying at my grandmother’s house this weekend. We’re leaving tomorrow afternoon.”

 

Looking up from their papers, Luhan and Sehun gave the two boys a questioning look, “So?”

 

“So…we won’t be here till Sunday night. I just thought we should let you know.” said Baekhyun.

 

“Okay then. Have fun!” said Luhan.

 

“Yeah…thanks. We will.” said Baekhyun, glancing at Chanyeol with a deadpan expression. Do these boys really not get the hint?

 

“Well, it’s getting late and we have class in the morning.” said Sehun, rubbing Luhan’s arm in an attempt to sit him up.

 

“Yeah, I’m pretty tired…” said Luhan, moving their books and grabbing his backpack.

 

“I’ll head back with Luhan.” added Baekhyun, giving Chanyeol a kiss before packing up his things.

 

Before Luhan could finish zipping his bag, Sehun had pulled him back to sit on his lap, whispering a soft, “I love you…” and placing a light kiss on Luhan’s neck.

 

Blushing at the affection, Luhan returned the kiss and shyly said, “I love you too.”

 

“You’ll have plenty of time to say ‘I love you’ this weekend, but right now we should get to bed.” said Baekhyun, interrupting the adorable couple.

 

Biting his lip in embarrassment, Luhan got up and made his way to the door, looking back at Sehun before stepping outside.

 

Once the door was shut, Chanyeol said, “You’re welcome.”

 

“I seriously owe you one…”

 

“Don’t stress about it. Just promise me you’ll have Luhan screaming your name.”

 

“Yah!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: awwww the fluff! they said i love you :) the awaited chapter is coming...i'll be updating soon! leave your comments and let me know what you think.