Chapter 14

Prove It

From: Luhannie

 

Sehun and I are heading back in a few, just a heads up.  The party wasn’t what I expected...I should’ve listened to Sehun.

 

Having guessed earlier that the couple would ditch the party, Baekhyun just playfully rolled his eyes.

 

To: Luhannie

 

Not a surprise. I’m just hanging out in the room, so if you and your boyfriend want some alone time, let me know...

 

From: Luhannie

 

-__- you’re embarrassing...but maybe...weren’t you supposed to be with Chanyeol tonight anyways? I thought you told me that he was taking you out.

 

Sighing at the message, Baekhyun remembered that Chanyeol did tell him he would make other plans if they didn’t go to the party.  ‘Luhan’s right...why hasn’t Chanyeol said anything?’ thought Baekhyun, now realizing that he’s kind of been stood up.

 

To: Luhannie

 

Yeah, he said he would. Stupid Chanyeol hasn’t even mentioned doing anything tonight...

 

Baekhyun had tossed his phone on the bed while he got up to grab a water bottle.  Being one of the guys best friends, Baekhyun knew that Chanyeol could be a little airheaded at times, staring into space while humming a catchy tune.  ‘He may be an idiot every once in a while, but he wouldn’t forget about me…right?’ thought Baekhyun, untwisting the cap to his water.

 

As he made his way back to the bed, Baekhyun was surprised to see that his phone was vibrating from a call.  Confused as to who was calling him, since a text is usually expected, Baekhyun hesitantly reaches for his phone.  Once he sees that the caller ID reads ‘Chanyeol’, Baekhyun immediately answers, giving a slightly worried, “Hello?”

 

“Hey, Baek.” said Chanyeol, his voice raised a bit to be heard over the amount of people in the café.

 

“Umm…hi? Why are you calling? Is everything okay?” asked Baekhyun, wondering where Chanyeol was with all the noise in the background.

 

Laughing at Baekhyun’s concern, Chanyeol responded by saying, “Yeah everything’s fine, but I need you to come to that coffee shop down the street.  You know the one where I took you last time? Be there in 15.”

 

“Yeah I know the one…but why?”

 

“It’s a surprise. Just come.”

 

Ignoring Chanyeol’s strange behavior, Baekhyun just said, “Yeah, okay. I’ll be there.”

 

“Great. See you in a few.”

 

“Well at least he didn’t forget…”Baekhyun said aloud to himself while opening his messages and making his way towards the closet.

 

From: Luhannie

 

Aww Baek! I’m sure he has something planned. He can be pretty stupid, but not when it comes to you.  Give him a chance...

 

Letting out a small laugh at how right his friend was, Baekhyun set his phone down and began planning a quick outfit for meeting up with Chanyeol.  He has about 10 minutes to get ready before he has to leave, since the café is literally right down the street from campus.

 

After throwing on a v-neck and a cardigan, Baekhyun grabbed his dorm key and headed downtown.

 

 

 

 

“Ahh…Sehun-ah! S-stop it!” said Luhan with a struggled whisper.

 

Luhan tried freeing himself from his boyfriends hold, but it wasn’t easy.  Sehun had been all over him since they stepped out of the party and as much as Luhan enjoys the affection, PDA on public transportation wasn’t in his comfort zone.

 

Taking a break from nibbling on Luhan’s neck, Sehun took a glance around the bus, noticing that a few more people had boarded since he began his lustful attack on the smaller boy.

 

“Ugh, stupid people…” grumbled Sehun, sinking down in his seat with a pout.

 

Covering his mouth to avoid laughing at the adorably frustrated boy beside him, Luhan composed himself and reached over to take Sehun’s hand in his. “What’s with you tonight? You can’t seem to leave me untouched.”

 

Looking up at Luhan, Sehun sighed and was about to answer when he realized they were pulling up to their stop.  Lifting Luhan out of his seat, the two boys made their way off the bus, thanking the driver as they were stepping out. 

 

Giving Sehun’s hand a squeeze, Luhan asks again, “Really…what’s with you?”

 

“You’re mine right?” said Sehun, giving Luhan a serious look as they passed through a small park.

 

Surprised that Sehun even needs to ask, Luhan nodded in reassurance.  “Of course.  Sehun-ah, why are you asking? You know that…”

 

“I’m worried that someone else will try and take you from me.”

 

Sighing at his boyfriend's worries, Luhan stopped walking and leaned up to give Sehun a nice kiss on the cheek. “Sehun…we’ve been over this. We’re together. No one can take me from you.”

 

“Well that party didn’t exactly boost my confidence.  Everyone there wanted you…”

 

“But I have no interest in them. You don’t need to worry.”

 

“I just can’t help but feel that you might leave me at some point. In every class I have, there are guys who talk about us in ways that make me insanely pissed off.”

 

“What do they say…”

 

“Stuff like ‘Luhan can do way better than Sehun’ or ‘that kid doesn’t deserve an angel like Luhan, he’s got no respect for who he spends time with…’”

 

Having no idea that Sehun had been dealing with this, it took Luhan a minute to take it all in.  He feels terrible that Sehun has to hear that from the kids in his class and Luhan just wishes he could do something to make him stop worrying.

 

“I…I’m sorry, but Sehun…you need to understand that I’m yours.  I can’t have a boyfriend who doesn’t believe in himself.” said Luhan with a playful nudge to Sehun’s side as they were approaching their University.

 

Giving a small smile at the boy's attempt at making him feel better, Sehun agreed. “You’re right.  I guess it’s just annoying…”

 

“Well annoying or not, I want you to ignore them and only think about me when they say stuff like that.”

 

Bringing a hand to Luhan’s cheek, Sehun leaned in to give him a kiss, which the smaller boy gladly returned.

 

“You’re amazing.” said Sehun, reaching for Luhan’s hand as they walked across campus.

 

“I know.” replied Luhan, giving his boyfriend a cheeky grin.

 

“Oh? Getting cocky now are we?” said Sehun, pulling Luhan closer and kissing him again, a bit more seriously.

 

Blushing at the sudden change in mood, Luhan let out a soft moan before carefully pulling Sehun’s hands off of him.

 

“Sehun-ah…not here.” said Luhan, looking up at the other boy with pleading eyes, not wanting to get caught hooking up outside the dorms.

 

“Then where do you suggest?” said Sehun, giving Luhan a smirk.

 

Biting his lip to suppress a smile, Luhan just tugged on Sehun’s hand and led them up the stairs.

 

 

 

 

Arriving outside the dimly lit café, Baekhyun peeked through the window before stepping inside.  It was extremely busy for such a quaint place on a Saturday night, with almost every table filled and people standing around the counters.  Baekhyun was looking around for Chanyeol when he noticed that a small stage was set up in the corner of the shop.  Now realizing that this is probably why it was so busy, Baekhyun smiled to himself, excited to watch some live music. 

 

As Baekhyun was finding himself a seat, he felt someone tug on his hand.  Looking up at whomever it may be, Baekhyun was happy to find Chanyeol smiling down at him. ‘God, he’s wearing those cute glasses.  He looks so good!’ thought Baekhyun, not wanting to look away.

 

“You’re just in time.” said Chanyeol, ordering Baekhyun a Cappuccino after sitting them down at a table in front of the stage.

 

“How’d you know I love watching live music like this?”

 

“I know more about you than you think.  Remember that I’m the guy who figured out you liked me months before you grew the balls to admit it.”

 

Blushing at the point Chanyeol had just made, Baekhyun gave him a light smack on the arm, causing the other to laugh.

 

Saving him from any more embarrassment, a waitress arrived with Baekhyun’s drink, placing it on the table in front of him.  “Can’t wait to hear you tonight.” said the waitress, smiling down at Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol looked up to give her a polite nod before she walked away and headed behind the counter.

 

“What does she mean ‘can’t wait to hear you…’” asked Baekhyun, lifting the steaming Cappuccino to his lips.

 

Chanyeol just gave him a wink before getting up and making his way to the stage. Every other Saturday, Chanyeol comes to this café to play his guitar.  At the beginning of the school year (about 2 months ago), this café was holding auditions for live entertainment.  This being one of Chanyeol favorite spots to hang out when he needs a break from school, he jumped on the chance to audition. He’s been playing the instrument since he was little, and was lucky enough to be selected as the regular entertainment for the small coffee shop. 

 

Eyes going wide at the realization, Baekhyun slowly places his drink on the table and tries to calm his beating heart.  ‘Chanyeol plays guitar!? How the hell did I not know this! And damn, he must be really good if everyone is here to see him.’ thought Baekhyun, now completely focused on the handsome boy on stage.

 

Setting up the microphone to be level with the base of the guitar, Chanyeol adjusts his glasses before saying a humble, “Thank you all for coming. This is a new song I’ve been working on so…I hope it plays out well.”

 

As he began plucking the strings of his guitar, the shop went silent; everybody halting their conversations.

 

While the melodic tune progressed, Baekhyun was stunned at how good Chanyeol was.  The way his song seemed to capture the attention of everyone in the room was incredible.  Maybe he’s just bias, but Baekhyun can say that he has never heard a more beautiful song in his life.  Clearly, Chanyeol didn’t find himself as much of a singer since there was no other microphone set up for him to sing into, but honestly, Baekhyun thought a voice wasn’t necessary for this song.

 

Chanyeol slowed his fingers as the song came to its end, and wrapped it up with a shy smile to the crowd. 

 

Applause was heard all around the café as Chanyeol got off the stool and gave a small bow.  While he was putting his guitar back in its case, a manager came to the side of the tiny stage and handed Chanyeol what seemed to be an envelope. He gave her a kind smile and tucked it in with his guitar, slinging the case over his shoulder.

 

Baekhyun was still sitting in his seat with his now cold Cappuccino as he tried to process the amazing performance he just witnessed, that he didn’t notice Chanyeol standing in front of him with a hand stretched out.  Snapping out of his daze, Baekhyun held the boys hand and they made their way out of the café.

 

“Was I good? I wrote that not too long ago, but it was my first time play—” started Chanyeol, but was interrupted with Baekhyun’s lips. Shocked at the sudden kiss, Chanyeol didn’t even have time to close his eyes and enjoy it.

 

“You. Were. Incredible.” said Baekhyun, now gripping the front of Chanyeol’s shirt.

 

Laughing at the boys’ clear amazement, Chanyeol leaned down to give Baekhyun a proper kiss; one that he was ready for.

 

“Thanks, Baekhyun.  It means a lot coming from you.”

 

“How long have you been playing? I can’t believe I didn’t know…”

 

“I’ve been playing for as long as I can remember, but I don’t think anyone knows that I play.  Well besides Sehun…and now you.”

 

“Thank you.” said Baekhyun, blushing for a reason he didn’t know.

 

“Huh? For what?”

 

“I kind of thought you would forget about me. I mean, you didn’t call me until it was already late…so I got worried.”

 

Smiling at the boys confession, Chanyeol threw his arm around Baekhyun’s shoulder as they continued walking. “I can’t believe you would doubt me Baekhyun.  I know I can be pretty stupid, but not when it comes to you.”

 

“That’s what Luhan said!” exclaimed Baekhyun, laughing at the coincidence.

 

“Of course he did.” said Chanyeol, laughing along with the smaller boy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: aww i like this chapter. hunhan is so cute and baekyeol makes me smile. possible hunhan *** next chapter so be ready. thanks for reading and leave your comments :)