Chapter 7

Prove It

 

Walking in early to an almost empty classroom, Luhan chose a seat in the back row and got himself comfortable.  There were only about five other people in the class and none of them seemed very friendly, which made Luhan sigh.  ‘I was really hoping to make some friends in this class.’ thought Luhan.  Just as he was fishing his textbook out of his bag, Luhan was startled to find a boy standing right in front of his desk.  Looking up and meeting eyes with a boy much taller than himself, Luhan smiled shyly greeted the boy. 

 

“Hi…” Luhan said while glancing to his right and left before looking back at the boy in front of him, “Can I help you with something?”

 

“I heard you’re Sehun’s new plaything, so you might want to be careful who you hang around with.  I’m sure you’ve heard about his rep…” said the boy, eyeing Luhan in a way that made the smaller boy flinch.

 

“Excuse me? I don't—” started Luhan, before he was interrupted with the sound of the bell, signaling class was about to start.

 

The boy walked away with a smirk, irritating Luhan as he watched him sit back down in his seat.  ‘What the hell was that…’ thought Luhan.  Luhan knew that Sehun was seen around the school as a playboy, but he was sure that Sehun wasn’t going to drag him into his world of one-night stands.  Sehun was being really sweet so far and Luhan knew that he shouldn’t doubt his efforts, but Luhan couldn’t help but think that he would automatically be seen as an easy hookup if he hangs out with Sehun.  Trying not to let the thoughts of his peers get to him, Luhan focuses on taking out his writing materials and waits for the professor to arrive.

 

Hearing the door open along with a few exaggerated laughs, Luhan sees non other than Sehun walking in, followed by a few girls.  Luhan ignores the girls that seem to be clinging to the taller boy for dear life, and gives Sehun a glance.  When their eyes meet, Luhan feels his heart beat quickening as Sehun gives him a dazzling smile, striding over to sit next to him.  The girls who had walked in with him gave Luhan a scowl and lazily found a pair seats a few rows ahead of Luhan and Sehun, ready to gossip about the new “couple” behind them. 

 

As Sehun sat down, Luhan blushed and gave him a small smile.  “Hey, Sehun.” said Luhan, trying his best to stay calm. 

 

“Hi, Luhan,” said Sehun, still smiling at the boy next to him, “I’m really glad we’re in at least one class together.”

 

“I know! Now I have an excuse to see you more often.” replied Luhan, before completely regretting that he ever said something so forward.

 

Laughing slightly at the adorably honest comment, Sehun replied, “That’s really sweet…and I could say the same.” looking down slightly to hide his sudden blush.

 

Seeing Luhan again after last night gave Sehun a feeling that he couldn’t describe.  Even though Luhan and him didn’t do anything the night before, Sehun was glad to see him again in the morning.  Most of the time, he’d be with a girl one night, then not even see her for the whole rest of the week.  It felt nice to know that whom you’re genuinely interested in is someone who you want to see everyday. 

 

As class ended, Sehun and Luhan were packing up their things when the boy who spoke to Luhan earlier walked over to the two.  Leaning down and whispering in Luhan’s ear, he said, “Remember what I mentioned earlier…you’re just his new plaything.” standing straight and giving Sehun a look of judgment before turning around to leave.

 

“Who was that…” asked Sehun, a mix of jealousy and slight anger overcoming him. 

 

“No idea.” said Luhan, trying to ignore the comment that left him a bit unsettled.

 

Sehun had offered to walk Luhan back to his room out of politeness, but also because he was thinking about the boy from earlier.  ‘Luhan looked pretty uncomfortable after that.’ thought Sehun, deciding to stick with Luhan until they reached his room.

 

As they were approaching his room, Luhan took Sehun’s hand and glanced up at the boy.  “Want to study a bit together? Baek is still in class, so we won’t be interrupted.” said Luhan, hoping for a yes from Sehun.

 

Sehun was surprised at the sudden question from the smaller boy.  ‘We won’t be interrupted?  That sounds a bit suggestive. Sehun! Quit thinking like that, this is Luhan we’re dealing with…’ thought Sehun.

 

“Uhh yeah. Sure.” said Sehun, happy that Luhan had initiated a situation that involved just the two of them.

 

“Great! C’mon!” Luhan said excitedly, pulling Sehun into his and Baekhyun’s room.  Little did Sehun know that Luhan had a plan, a possibly dangerous one, but still a plan.  The guy who had talked to him earlier gave Luhan an idea.  He planned to try things out with Sehun and hopefully discover if he really was just a ‘plaything’ to the taller boy.

 

Setting up their books on Luhan’s bed, the two boys sat next to each other, resting their backs against the wall.  As they were silently “studying”, Luhan kept stealing glances at Sehun, thinking about the best way to carry out his plan.  ‘I should start with something subtle…’ thought Luhan.  Shifting a bit and leaning gently into Sehun’s side, Luhan placed his hand on the boy’s thigh, casually pretending to check Sehun’s notes. 

 

Sehun tensed at the sudden contact and gave Luhan a curious look.  Even the thought of Luhan touching him made his mind go crazy with inappropriate scenarios, but now that the smaller boy was actually here, physically touching him, Sehun had to push those thoughts down.  He really liked Luhan and Sehun didn’t want to ruin it by letting a habit of his take control, but God was he wishing for that tiny hand to move up just a bit more until it brushed his—‘No! Don’t even think about it!’  Deciding to ignore the not so innocent placement of Luhan’s hand, Sehun just focused on his notes. ‘You can do this! Just take it slow!’ cheered the angel in Sehun’s head. 

 

Luhan peeked up at the handsome boy, who he was now snuggling up to, and fought the urge to kiss him right there.  He could tell that Sehun was fighting with himself deep down, but kept his cool in respect for Luhan.  Sehun seemed completely relaxed and didn’t appear too phased by the hand resting on his inner thigh and although Luhan was shocked, he was also very pleased.  ‘Maybe this means he really can control himself…’ thought Luhan.

 

“Luhan, do you mind…you know…” Sehun mumbled timidly, glancing down at Luhan’s hand.  If Sehun wanted full control of his actions, Luhan would have to move his dangerously placed hand.

 

“Oh! I’m sorry! I didn’t notice.” said Luhan, quickly removing his hand from the boys leg, blushing at the fact that Sehun had spoken up about it. 

 

“It’s no problem, just a bit distracting…” Sehun said with a tone of indifference and regret, avoiding Luhan’s eyes. 

 

After debating with himself for a moment, Luhan nervously replied with, “Sehun…I-I really like you.”

 

“W-what?” stuttered Sehun, unable to say anything else due to the erratic beating of his heart.

 

Glancing down to the books splayed in front of him, Luhan tried to calm himself.  ‘I just confessed! What the hell is wrong with me? I’m not even 100% sure that Sehun is pursuing me with pure intentions…’ thought Luhan, praying to every God out there that Sehun is being honest about his feelings.

 

“I said I really like you…” replied Luhan, confidently facing Sehun, who had no clue what to say. 

 

Sehun’s been confessed to plenty of times, sure, but never by someone he actually liked.  And any time that he has been confessed to, Sehun’s just slept with the girl the next day…but he didn’t want to do that to Luhan.  He’s just confused about how to respond; since this is the first sinless confession that Sehun has received.  Gazing back at Luhan, looking adorable with his blushed cheeks and sparkling eyes, Sehun decided to answer with something very special.  Something that he’s never given anyone.

 

Leaning down slightly while glancing at Luhan for any signs of resistance, Sehun let his lips brush Luhan’s in a shy kiss, and Sehun’s heart almost stopped.  Never has he ever kissed someone with real feelings behind it.

 

When Sehun’s lips touched his, even just barely, Luhan was overcome with bliss.  The shyness of Sehun’s advance gave Luhan reassurance that the boy wants more from him than just .  Unable to hide his smile, Luhan opened his eyes and gave the taller boy a hug before pressing his lips to Sehun’s cheek.

 

“Thank you…” said Luhan, clutching the sleeve of other boy’s sweater.

 

“For what?” replied Sehun, still in a slight daze over what just happened.

 

“For proving that I’m worth more than just fooling around with.” said Luhan.

 

Letting his hands rest on Luhan’s waist and catching his lips once more before pulling away, Sehun took hold of the boy’s hands and said, “I’ll never be fooling around when it comes to you, Luhan…never.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: chapter 7! yay :) umm i don't have much to say about this chapter except that i think it's pretty cute...yeah...please leave comments (it really helps me get motivated and i enjoy reading your opinions)! thanks guys and hope you like it :)