Chapter 13

Prove It

“So are you going to that party?” asked Baekhyun.  He and Luhan were walking back to their room after class and he was curious as to whether his friend would be attending.

 

Letting out a sigh, Luhan said, “I don’t know…Sehun keeps saying how out of control it is, but I think he’s just trying to scare me out of it.”

 

“Yeah, Chanyeol said the same thing.  I probably won’t go.”

 

“Really? Why?”

 

“Well I pretty much already know everyone, so there’s no reason. Also, Chanyeol said if I listen to him and don’t go, then he’ll plan something else for us to do…”

 

“Oh, I get it.  You just want some alone time with your new boyfriend.” said Luhan, poking Baekhyun’s waist.

 

“Very funny.”

 

“It’s nothing to be embarrassed about.  I’ve been feeling the same way.”

 

“You and Sehun had ?!” shouted Baekhyun, a little too loud for the middle of the hallway.

 

“No! Not yet…”

 

“Oh…okay.”

 

“But I really like him.” said Luhan in a quiet voice, playing with the hem of his shirt.

 

Looking at his friend while unlocking the door, Baekhyun gave a small laugh, “I think it’s sweet that you like him so much, and I can tell that Sehun feels just the same.”

 

“I think I’ll go to the party with him.  I still need to meet everyone and I trust him to behave.”

 

“Yeah, why not…I’m sure you’ll have fun.”

 

“I hope so.” said Luhan, starting to feel a bit worried about how this party would turn out.

 

 

 

 

Stepping through the doorway, Luhan was surprised to discover how right Sehun was about this party. 

 

Just about everyone he saw had a drink in their hand, and the music was so loud that Luhan could already feel a headache coming on.  Clinging to Sehun while weaving through the crowd, Luhan tried to keep his head down as to avoid the lustful stares of upperclassmen.  He was expecting to receive a few glances here and there, but was surprised to find that most of the guys already had their sights on him, and honestly, this made him a bit nervous.

 

Keeping a tight grip on boy next to him, Sehun made his way over to an empty loveseat, “Didn’t I tell you this would be crazy!”

 

“It’s not that bad…” replied Luhan, voicing the complete opposite of what he was thinking.

 

“Just remember you’re not allowed out of my sight.  I swear to God, if anyone lays a hand on you—”

 

“I’ll be fine! Just stay beside me and nothing will happen.” said Luhan, giving the taller boy a sweet smile. 

 

Heart warming at the sight, Sehun let out a breath he didn’t realize he was holding. 

 

Glancing around the apartment, Sehun noticed a few boys making their way over to him and Luhan.

 

“Sehun! Glad you could make it!” said one boy, taking a seat on the armrest of the sofa.

 

“Hey, Sungmin…” said Sehun, greeting the host.

 

“Who’s this pretty one?” asked another boy whom Sehun didn’t recognize, motioning towards Luhan.

 

“This is Luhan…my boyfriend.” said Sehun with a tone of confidence.

 

Trying not to blush at the statement, Luhan just looked up and said, “Hi.” resting a hand on Sehun’s knee. ‘He said it! He actually said it!’ thought Luhan, internally screaming with happiness.

 

Shocked to hear that Sehun is in a relationship, Sungmin began laughing, “You’re joking right?”

 

Upset that the boy didn’t believe him, Sehun gave him a nice punch on the arm, “Is it that hard to believe…”

 

“Well, it’s just that you’ve never actually liked anyone…and last year, you only came here to get laid.  I’m just making sure you’re serious about him because I know there’s plenty of guys here willing to make a move.” said Sungmin, giving Luhan a wink, which the boy responded with a polite smile. 

 

“I am serious about him, so I’d appreciate if you helped me out and gave everyone the heads up.”

 

“Sure. But don’t—”

 

“Sehun! You came!” shouted a girl who was stumbling her way over to the group of boys.

 

Rolling his eyes at the mess she was making with her drink, Sehun just looked away, hoping he would somehow disappear.  He was pretty popular with the senior girl's, so he should’ve guessed they would find him, but all he wanted to do was shrink away and be with Luhan.

 

“Don’t ignore me Sehun…I know you can hear me!”

 

Sighing at the girl’s persistence, Sehun just gave a small smile.

 

As Sehun and the girl were arguing over whether or not he’s slept with Luhan yet, the smaller boy decided it wouldn’t be the worst idea in the world to get up and grab himself a drink.  Disregarding his previous "stay beside me" statement, Luhan slipped away from Sehun and his ‘friends’, and made his way over to the kitchenette.

 

 

 

 

“So you really haven’t ed him yet? I can’t believe it…”

 

Getting frustrated over the fact that these people have no faith in his ability to go a month without , Sehun let out a groan.

 

“He’s special.” said Sehun.

 

“Yeah, he must be.”

 

“I haven’t seen anyone that beautiful in a while…”

 

“I wonder if he’s a .”

 

“Oh! I bet he is. He looks so pure and innocent, it wouldn’t be a surprise.”

 

“Man, the things I would do to get with that boy tonight…”

 

“Umm guys? I’m right here.” said Sehun, fed up with the rambling.

 

“Sorry…” said the group collectively.

 

“Well, we’re happy for you Sehun. Looks like you found yourself a keeper.” said Sungmin.

 

“Thanks guys.”

 

Suddenly wondering why these people were talking so openly about Luhan like that when the boy was right there next to him, Sehun looked over to find an empty cushion.  Sputtering out of nervousness, Sehun’s eyes darted across the apartment, hoping to find that familiar face.

 

“Where the hell did Luhan go?” Sehun asked the people surrounding him.

 

“I think he got up about five minutes ago…you didn’t notice?”

 

Closing his eyes in an attempt to calm himself, Sehun shook his head.  ‘How did I not notice?! And what the hell is with Luhan leaving me when I specifically told him not to!’ thought Sehun, gripping the edge of the sofa before standing up to look for his lost date.

 

 

 

 

While maneuvering his way around the many strangers in front of the refrigerator, Luhan was surprised to find a hand grabbing his waist.

 

“Hey there sweetie,” slurred a guy who Luhan didn’t recognize. 

 

Brushing the guys hand off of him, Luhan turned around. “Sorry, but I’m here with someone.”

 

“Oh really?” said the stranger, gripping Luhan’s arm and pinning him to the counter.

 

Struggling to escape the constraint, Luhan locked eyes with the taller boy and gave him the most menacing glare he could, “Yes. Now please let me go.”

 

“C’mon! Hang out with me a bit. I mean, your little boyfriend must not care too much about you if he let’s you walk around a party like this all alone…”

 

Realizing now that he probably should’ve told Sehun where he was going, Luhan gathered his strength and pushed past the guy, causing him to curse and spill some of his drink.  Luhan hurriedly made his way through the over-crowded room back to the loveseat, hoping to find Sehun still there.  Turning the corner and immediately eyeing the sofa, Luhan’s heart dropped to find that Sehun was nowhere in sight.  ‘! ! ! I’m so stupid!’ thought Luhan, suddenly becoming very nervous.

 

“Luhan!”

 

Whipping his head around to the familiar voice, Luhan was met with Sehun’s worried face.  Just about ready to cry, Luhan threw his arms around Sehun in a bone-crushing hug, happy to have been found.

 

“Where the hell were you? I looked beside me and you were gone!” shouted Sehun, clearly upset that his boyfriend had left his side without notice.

 

“I’m sorry, I went to get a drink…which was a pretty stupid idea.” replied Luhan, his face still hidden in Sehun’s chest

 

Taking a deep breath and deciding to avoid an argument, Sehun just hugged Luhan back, glad that the boy was with him again.

 

“Luhan…I think we should get going.  I don’t wanna loose you again.”

 

“I couldn’t agree more.” replied Luhan, gladly being pulled away towards the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: yay so nothing bad happened! hunhan is okay :) baekyeol next chapter. hope you liked it!