Chapter 16

Prove It

“Do you know anyone named Taecyeon?” asked Luhan.

 

He and Sehun were studying in the library like they do every Wednesday afternoon, when Luhan decided to see if Sehun had any idea who this senior is.

 

“Taecyeon? Yeah I know him, not too well, but I’ve seen him around. He’s the captain of our University’s soccer team and a major heartthrob…” said Sehun, “why do you wanna know?”

 

Slightly hesitant to tell Sehun the truth about the confession, Luhan kept silent for bit. He’s been confessed to plenty of times and always told Sehun, but this guy the other day left Luhan with a strange feeling.

 

“H-he…uhhh…confessed to me the other day.”

 

Eyes widening at the fact, Sehun stopped writing his notes mid sentence. Sehun was honest about telling Luhan that this guy was the soccer captain and a major heartthrob, but what he left out was that Taecyeon hated him. Ever since freshman year, this guy and his friends had despised Sehun’s promiscuity, and honestly, Sehun could understand why.

 

“Oh. He did…” said Sehun, still not looking at the boy next to him.

 

“Yeah,” began Luhan, “but I told him that I’m with you so it’s fine. I just wanted to tell you.”

 

“Wait…you told him we’re dating? What did he say?” asked Sehun, now beginning to worry. If Taecyeon had discovered that he’s seeing Luhan, that can only mean trouble ahead.

 

“Yes, of course I told him. Do you not want people knowing about us?” replied Luhan, slightly hurt at the fact that Sehun seemed so against the idea.

 

“What? No! I do want people to know. I announced that you were my boyfriend at that party, didn’t I? I’m just a bit surprised…that’s all.”

 

Smiling at the memory, Luhan leaned over and gave Sehun a kiss. “Good. Because I want everyone to know.”

 

With his thoughts of Taecyeon now wiped out by Luhan’s honesty, Sehun smiled and began playing with Luhan’s hand above the table.

 

“Me too.”

 

 

 

Every other class Sehun had that day was a complete waste of time. After his conversation with Luhan, all Sehun has been thinking about is Taecyeon. He didn’t pay attention to any of his professor’s lectures that day and shrugged off anyone that wanted to talk to him. Sehun was seriously worried about Taecyeon getting in the way of his relationship with Luhan and he’s starting to think that this is karma for shamelessly sleeping with any girl who offered.

 

“Chanyeol?” asked Sehun.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“What would you do if someone who really hated you had an interest in your boyfriend?”

 

Chanyeol looked up from his phone to face Sehun, who was sitting on the bed across from his. “Why do I have the feeling that this isn’t a hypothetical situation…”

 

Groaning in response to Chanyeol’s unhelpful answer, Sehun ran a hand through his hair. “You know Taecyeon, right? That senior who doesn’t like me…”

 

“Yeah. Is he hitting on Luhan or something?”

 

“He confessed and then Luhan told him we’re seeing each other.”

 

“…” said Chanyeol, knowing very well that with this information, Taecyeon isn’t gonna make it easy for Sehun and Luhan.

 

“I don’t know what to do. Should I confront him and tell him to back off? Or should I ignore it until I know for sure he’s gonna to do something…”

 

Chanyeol sighed and took a minute to seriously consider the options. “I would wait.”

 

“Okay. Yeah, that’s probably the best idea…”

 

“Don’t worry too much, though. Ever since you and Luhan got together, you’ve been so paranoid about your relationship when you don’t really have to be. You know just as well as I do that Luhan really likes you. He would never get involved with anyone but you.”

 

Looking up from his lap, Sehun gave Chanyeol a small smile, knowing that his friend is right. ‘I guess I am being a little paranoid…’ thought Sehun.

 

“Can I be completely honest for a second?” asked Sehun, glancing at Chanyeol from across the room.

 

“Go ahead.”

 

Taking a deep breath, Sehun hid his face in his hands. “H-how fast is too fast to fall in love with someone…”

 

A bit taken aback by the question, Chanyeol struggled to respond. Did Sehun really think that he’s in love with Luhan? The couple has really proven their affection towards each other, and Sehun is clearly infatuated with the smaller boy, but Chanyeol had no idea he felt so strongly.

 

“I don’t know. I’ve never been in love...but you can’t help how you feel.”

 

“He’s amazing, Chanyeol…and I’ve never felt this way before. I just don’t know if I should tell him. I mean, I know it’s been almost 3 months, but is that too soon? I don’t want him to feel pressured into feeling more than he’s ready for, you know?” said Sehun, blushing from his chosen topic of conversation.

 

“I don’t think it’s too soon, but maybe I can have Baek talk to him. He can figure out if Luhan feels the same…”

 

Sehun thanks his friend and gives him an appreciative smile before grabbing his phone off the desk and sending a quick goodnight text to Luhan.

 

 

To: Lulu

 

Goodnight baby  :) I’ll be dreaming about you.

 

 

From: Lulu

 

Goodnight Sehun-ah~ 

See you tomorrow morning <3

 

 

 

 

“So…how are you and Sehun doing?” asks Baekhyun while walking to his second class of the day with Luhan.

 

“You would know, Baek. I tell you everything.” said Luhan.

 

“I know, but…you never give me the mushy details. Like…have you slept together? Is he gentle with you? Are you in lo—”

 

“Baekhyun! Shh! God, why are you asking me this? And no…we haven’t slept together yet.” interrupted Luhan, giving his friend a smack on the head. They were in the middle of the hallway for Christ’s sake!

 

‘Woah. Sehun thinks he loves Luhan and he hasn’t even slept with him yet? This guy must be serious…’ thought Baekhyun, rubbing his now sore head.

 

 “I don’t know…I guess I’m just curious as to how you really feel about Sehun.”

 

“Well…I really, really like him.”

 

Really, really?”

 

“Yes.” replied Luhan, beginning to blush.

 

Smiling, Baekhyun leaned to his right a bit to bump shoulders with Luhan, “You’re in love with him.”

 

“What?! N-no I’m not…”

 

“Umm yeah, you are.

 

In complete shock over the fact the Baekhyun would say such a serious thing, Luhan couldn’t do anything besides gape at the boy next to him. ‘Am I really in love with Sehun…?’ thought Luhan. It’s true that Sehun has been nothing but good to him since they’ve been together and so far, Luhan can’t picture life without the taller boy, but there’s still one thing that Luhan’s worried about…and that’s Sehun’s feelings.

 

“I-I don’t know, Baek…what if I really do love him? I’m afraid that if I tell him, he won’t say it back. I just can’t help but worry that he doesn’t feel the same.” said Luhan, full of honesty.

 

“Well, I suggest that you follow your heart.” said Baekhyun, almost puking at the cheesy line, but had to say it nonetheless.

 

After laughing and telling Baekhyun that he’ll think about it, Luhan opens the door to his writing class, and makes his way inside. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: i was gonna add to this chapter today, but i just left it at this...and since this is the internet and not my class, i just want to say that my expository writing teacher is crazy. she gives us SOOO much work and i have zero time. i can't deal with her...but hope you liked the semi-update. i've been so busy this past week it's unreal. leave your comments and let me know what you think!