Chapter 31

Prove It

Glancing over at the boy sitting beside him, Luhan sighed. His Korean History professor was talking quite animatedly about something that Luhan should probably be taking notes on, but he just couldn’t focus on anything besides his best friend and his somber mood. Ever since they all went to that club downtown a few nights ago, Baekhyun has been unusually quiet. Luhan isn’t exactly sure why since the boy hasn’t really said anything, but he has a pretty good idea. When Chanyeol had asked him why Baekhyun has been ignoring him, Luhan could easily piece together the situation. If the smaller boy has been shying away from Chanyeol too, then the reason why Baekhyun is acting so unlike himself must have to do with their relationship.

 

After carefully making sure that he wouldn’t get caught, Luhan inched a bit closer to the boy next to him and decided to finally ask, “Hey Baek, what’s up with you lately?”

 

The smaller boy just shrugs in response while keeping his head down to continue taking notes. He’s really not in the mood to talk about this sort of thing with Luhan right now.

 

“Could it have anything to do with Chanyeol?” asked Luhan, keeping his voice down as to not risk anyone overhearing their conversation.

 

Giving another shrug in response to Luhan’s question, Baekhyun just did his best to ignore him.

 

“You know that I’m only asking because I care about you…”

 

Sighing at Luhan’s adorable self, Baekhyun glanced at the boy next to him and said, “I’ll tell you after class, alright?”

 

“Okay.” said Luhan, giving his friend a warm smile before focusing his attention back on his professor.

 

 

 

 

When class was dismissed, Luhan immediately grabbed Baekhyun’s arm and led them out into the hallway.

 

“Hey, let go!” whined Baekhyun, struggling to free himself of Luhan’s grasp.

 

Laughing at his friend’s complaint, Luhan let go and said, “I had to make sure you wouldn’t run away and ignore this conversation.”

 

Rolling his eyes, Baekhyun took Luhan’s hand and led them to an empty classroom. They had about fifteen minutes before their next class and Baekhyun hoped his problems would be resolved by then. After closing the door and sitting down on an empty chair, Baekhyun looked up at the boy he dragged in here. Luhan was perched on a desk beside where Baekhyun was sitting and was waiting patiently for him to speak up.

 

“It’s about Chanyeol…”

 

“Well, obviously. But what about him?” asked Luhan.

 

Taking a deep breath to gather his courage, Baekhyun closes his eyes before saying, “I may be in love with him…”

 

Smiling at his friend’s confession, Luhan responded with, “That’s great!”

 

“What? No it’s not…”

 

“What do you mean? Knowing you love someone is a good thing.”

 

“But what if he doesn’t love me back? I don’t want to be the first one to say it if I’m just going to be rejected.” said Baekhyun, looking up at Luhan with a hint of desperation.

 

Sighing at Baekhyun’s worries, Luhan hopped off of the desk he was sitting on and pulled up a chair next to his friend. “Baekhyun, I’m sure that Chanyeol feels the same way. I see the way he looks at you and there’s really no denying it.”

 

“But I can’t even face him, Luhan. I’ve been avoiding him for almost three full days now. It’s embarrassing that I can’t just man up and tell him. And I feel bad about making him worry when it’s not even his fault.”

 

“I get that, but remember how reluctant I was to even look at Sehun when I first realized my feelings? It’s completely normal to be afraid. And I’m sure Chanyeol will understand once you tell him.”

 

Looking down at his lap while playing with his fingers, Baekhyun realized that Luhan was right. There’s really no need for him to worry when this sort of reaction is expected. “So, what do I do?” asked Baekhyun, peering up at his friend with wide eyes.

 

“You wait for the right moment.”

 

“How will I know when—”

 

“You’ll just know, Baekhyun. Don’t stress about it.” said Luhan, reaching for his friends hand and giving it a squeeze.

 

After nodding his head in response, Baekhyun turned a bit to his right and gave Luhan a tight hug. He really appreciates the boy’s help, so it’s the least he can do.

 

“Thanks, Luhan…”

 

“Anytime.”

 

With new confidence regarding his feelings for Chanyeol, Baekhyun grabs his bag and heads toward the door. He has about five minutes to make it to his English class, but once it’s over, he plans to find Chanyeol and apologize for avoiding him. He really does feel bad for keeping his boyfriend in the dark about this whole thing, so he’s looking forward to clearing this all up.

 

 

 

 

“Hey guys!” exclaimed Luhan as he sat down next to Sehun at their usual lunch table. After receiving a gentle kiss on the cheek from his boyfriend, Luhan prepared his food and dug in. He had forgotten to eat breakfast this morning, so he was pretty hungry.

 

“Where’s Baekhyun?” asked Kyungsoo, who was sitting beside a love-struck Jongin.

 

Looking up from his meal, Luhan said with a mouthful of food, “He should be here any minute. I think he had English…”

 

“Luhan, don’t talk with food in your mouth.” said Sehun as he picked a piece of rice off of the smaller boy’s lower lip.

 

Blushing at Sehun’s comment, Luhan apologized before glancing over at Chanyeol. The boy seemed annoyed, maybe even angry, but Luhan knew that he was like this because of Baekhyun. It hurts to be ignored by the person you want the most attention from, so Luhan could understand, but he just hopes that Chanyeol’s mood picks up once he sees Baekhyun. The smaller boy is finally ready to face his fears and stop ignoring Chanyeol, but it won’t be easy if his boyfriend continues to act like this.

 

“Sorry I’m late!” said Baekhyun as he tried to catch his breath. His English classroom is pretty much on the other side of the building, so it takes him a bit longer to reach the cafeteria.

 

After taking out his food and setting down his bag, Baekhyun was ready to finally greet his boyfriend. “Chanyeol, I—” started Baekhyun, but stopped himself mid-sentence when he saw the taller boy throw his backpack over his shoulder and stand up from the table. Baekhyun’s previous smile started to slip as he watched his boyfriend walk away without even acknowledging him. Even Luhan and Sehun looked shocked at Chanyeol’s behavior.

 

“D-did he really just leave?” asked Baekhyun, who was staring blankly at the seat Chanyeol should have been in.

 

The four other boys exchanged nervous glances with one another, unsure of what to say. They really hadn’t expected Chanyeol to just walk out like that.

 

“I’m sorry, Baekhyun…I don’t know why he—”

 

“No, it’s fine. I’m gonna go find him.” said Baekhyun, already packing up his things.

 

Luhan gave his friend an apologetic smile before the boy turned around and headed out of the cafeteria.

 

“So what’s up with Baekhyun and Chanyeol?” asked Jongin.

 

Looking up at Jongin with a defeated look, Luhan said, “Baekhyun just told me that he loves Chanyeol and that’s why he’s been ignoring him. He’s nervous and embarrassed…”

 

“Ohh…”

 

“Mhmm, but now that Chanyeol’s upset with him, I don’t know if Baek will be able to tell him.”

 

“Wait, he was going to tell Chanyeol he loves him just a minute ago?” asked Sehun.

 

“I don’t think so, but he was going to at least talk to him…” said Luhan, picking away at the food in front of him.

 

“I hope they’ll be okay…” said Kyungsoo while passing an extra piece of chicken onto Jongin’s plate.

 

“I’m sure everything will work out.”

 

“Really? Do you know if Chanyeol feels the same way?”

 

“I mean, he hasn’t said anything, but probably. They’ve been together for a few months now and he only ever says good things about Baekhyun. I would honestly be surprised if Chanyeol didn’t feel the same…” said Sehun, giving Luhan’s hand a reassuring squeeze.

 

Smiling up at his boyfriend, Luhan replied, “Yeah, you’re probably right. I shouldn’t be too worried.”

 

“Trust me, they’ll be fine. Now finish your lunch.”

 

 

 

 

After unsuccessfully wandering the halls and searching through the library, Baekhyun only had one more place to check. After making his way up the stairs to Chanyeol and Sehun’s room, Baekhyun looked down the hall and was met with his boyfriend beginning to unlock the door in front of him.

 

“Chanyeol!”

 

Looking up to face the boy who was calling for him, Chanyeol just sighed and pushed open the door to his room.

 

“Wait!” shouted Baekhyun, running to catch up with the taller boy and to prevent him from shutting the door in his face.

 

“What do you want Baekhyun?” said Chanyeol, standing beside his bed as he watched his boyfriend gently close the door.

 

“I-I want to apologize…”

 

“Oh yeah? You’re about three days late.”

 

“Chanyeol, please I—”

 

“Why have you been ignoring me? What the hell did I do wrong?” demanded Chanyeol, taking a step closer to Baekhyun.

 

Looking up at the taller boy with a nervous look in his eyes, Baekhyun sighed before saying, “You didn’t do anything wrong, I just…it’s complicated.”

 

“Complicated?”

 

“It’s really not the best time to—”

 

“I think now would be the perfect time, considering the fact that you’ve been avoiding me ever since we went out that night.”

 

“Chanyeol, I’m just kind of afraid to tell you. I’m nervous about what your reaction is going to be…”

 

“Just tell me. I’m only going to be even more upset with you if you don’t.”

 

“But it’s not that easy!” exclaimed Baekhyun, getting annoyed with the whole situation.

 

“Well I love you Baekhyun, so I want to know what’s wrong!”

 

“W-what?” asked Baekhyun in a quiet voice.

 

“I said I want to know what’s wrong…”

 

“No. Before that…”

 

Looking away from the smaller boy in an attempt to hide his blush, Chanyeol said, “I love you.”

 

“Chanyeol, look at me.”

 

After taking a deep breath, Chanyeol turned to his left to meet his boyfriend’s big brown eyes. “I love you, Baekhyun.”

 

“Is this for real?”

 

“What? Of course it’s for real! I just told you that I—”

 

“That’s literally the whole reason why I was avoiding you!”

 

“W-what?”

 

“I love you too, Chanyeol.” said Baekhyun with a confident smile.

 

“That’s why were avoiding me? Because you love me?”

 

“Well, yeah…I was scared that you wouldn’t say it back so—” started Baekhyun, but was interrupted by a soft pair of lips.

 

While smiling into the kiss, Baekhyun wrapped his arms around the taller boys neck and pulled him closer. All this time he was worrying about Chanyeol’s reaction and if he would feel the same way, but clearly there was no need to.

 

After gently pulling away from the boy in front of him, Baekhyun said, “I’m really sorry for ignoring you…”

 

“It’s alright, I understand.” said Chanyeol, smiling down at the smaller boy.

 

Bringing a hand to Chanyeol’s cheek, Baekhyun caught his lips in a slightly more desperate kiss. While running his hands through the taller boys hair, Baekhyun pulled him closer until he was lying under him.

 

“Is your next class really important?” asked Baekhyun before and biting his way down Chanyeol’s neck.

 

While casually slipping a hand inside his boyfriend’s shirt, Chanyeol just smirked and said, “What class?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: finally an update! wow this summer is killing me (i'm so busy...) but anyways -- here's baekyeol! i miss them. and yeah i know this is a lot of dialogue...

 

ps. subscribe to my new story that i'll be starting pretty soon! there's no real foward yet, but trust me when i say that the story is going to be great. There's No Place Quite Like Here

 

pps. not edited (sorry!) i'll look at it later tonight.