Chapter 28

Prove It

As Kyungsoo continues his way down the hall towards Luhan’s room, he pouts at his choice of clothing. Never having been to a club, the boy had no idea what to wear. Kyungsoo only has button downs and t-shirts in his closet, so he began to worry whether or not his outfit was appropriate. ‘I bet Luhan and Baekhyun are wearing something a bit ier…’ thought Kyungsoo, looking down to play with the hem of his boring white t-shirt.

 

Standing in front of Luhan’s room, Kyungsoo took a deep breath before knocking. He was hoping this night wouldn’t be awkward since he barely knew the boys he was going out with, but Kyungsoo tried to stay optimistic. There’s no way his new friends would leave him as, in this case, the fifth wheel.

 

Hearing the door open in front of him, Kyungsoo looked up and greeted Luhan with a smile.

 

“Hey, Kyungsoo! Glad you could make it.” said Luhan, stepping aside to let the boy in.

 

“Yeah, me too.”

 

Taking a look around the room, Kyungsoo could easily gather that the two boys have yet to get ready. There were clothes everywhere. Draped over chairs, splayed across the floor, tossed on the beds…it was a mess.

 

“Yeah, Baekhyun and I are still debating on what we should wear…” said Luhan, picking up a few shirts to give Kyungsoo room to sit.

 

“Oh! I’m Baekhyun. It’s nice to meet you.” said Baekhyun, poking his head out from inside the closet and giving the boy a friendly smile.

 

“Same here.” said Kyungsoo, waving at Baekhyun before the smaller boy ducked back into the closet.

 

“Should I wear a tank top or a just a tight t-shirt…” said Luhan, scratching his head as he looked at the shirts laid out in front of him.

 

Taking another look at his own outfit, Kyungsoo sighed before asking, “Do you think I should be dressed a bit—”

 

“ier? Yes.” said Baekhyun, stepping out of the closet with a handful of clothes.

 

Peering behind him to get a better look at Kyungsoo’s outfit, Luhan smiled. ‘I guess he doesn’t go out too much.’ thought the boy, making his way towards his drawer and pulling out a sweater.

 

“This would be cute on you. It’s oversized and hangs off the shoulder so you can show some skin. It’s pretty thin too, so you won’t get hot.” said Luhan, handing Kyungsoo the black sweater.

 

Standing up to take off the shirt he was wearing, Kyungsoo pulled the t-shirt over his head.

 

“Wow. You have really pretty skin…” commented Baekhyun.

 

“Yeah, seriously.” said Luhan.

 

Blushing at the attention, Kyungsoo hurriedly put on the sweater Luhan had given him and stood in front of the mirror to examine himself. The sweater had such a wide neckline that Kyungsoo’s shoulders and collarbones were exposed. The black contrasted beautifully against his fair skin and Kyungsoo couldn’t top looking at himself. ‘Luhan was right…’ thought Kyungsoo, admiring his own appearance.

 

“It looks perfect!” exclaimed Luhan, walking over to Kyungsoo and fixing his hair.

 

“You’re like a whole new person.” added Baekhyun, eyeing Kyungsoo’s new look.

 

“You don’t think I’m showing too much skin?”

 

“Definitely not! And I bet Jong—”

 

“Ahhh!” shouted Baekhyun, mentally smacking Luhan for almost giving away the surprise.

 

“What is it?” asked Kyungsoo, looking over at Baekhyun with a worried expression.

 

“Uhhh…nothing. I thought I saw a spider…”

 

“Oh.” said Kyungsoo, giving the boy a small smile before turning back to the mirror.

 

Glancing over at his friend with wide eyes, Luhan mouthed a thank you to the boy.

 

Rolling his eyes at Luhan’s carelessness, Baekhyun began putting on his outfit of choice. He decided to wear a fitted, printed t-shirt. It may sound simple, but it shows off his slim waist and that’s all he really cares about.

 

“You’re the only one not ready yet, Luhan. Hurry up.” said Baekhyun, grabbing his jacket from off his bed.

 

“Oh yeah…what time is it? I told Sehun that we’d meet him there at around 9:45.”

 

“It’s 9:20…” said Baekhyun.

 

“What?!” exclaimed Luhan, pacing around the room before quickly throwing on a blue tank top and tucking the front of it into his jeans. He then took a look in the mirror and through his hair, messing it up just a tiny bit.

 

“Okay! I’m ready.” said the boy, putting on a leather jacket and leading the way outside.

 

 

 

 

“There they are.” said Sehun, looking down the street to see the boys heading towards them.

 

Raising his head to wave at Luhan and Baekhyun, Jongin froze. ‘Is that Kyungsoo?’ thought the boy, narrowing his eyes to get a better look. The boys were still pretty far away, so Jongin could barely tell if his eyes were just playing tricks on him or if that really was Kyungsoo.

 

“Sehun! What the hell?” whispered Jongin, giving his friend a light punch on the arm.

 

“What? I didn’t know he was coming…” said Sehun, biting his lip in an attempt to hide his smirk.

 

“Yeah, sure.” replied Jongin, doing his best to keep his eyes focused on the ground.

 

“Hi guys!” greeted Luhan, bouncing over to Sehun and giving him a kiss on the cheek. Sehun looked as handsome as ever and Luhan couldn’t wait to get inside and show him a good time.

 

“J-Jongin?”

 

Hesitantly looking up to greet the boy he least expected to see, Jongin’s eyes widened when he finally got a good look at Kyungsoo. The boy looked y. The top he was wearing showed off his delectable, porcelain skin and Jongin could feel himself getting hot just by looking at him. The smaller boy has never showed this much skin, but Jongin wasn’t complaining. If anything, he was worried whether or not he’d be able to keep his hands to himself all night.

 

“H-hey Kyungsoo…”

 

Feeling himself beginning to blush at Jongin’s gaze, Kyungsoo bit his lip and looked down. ‘Was I the only one who didn’t know about Jongin being here?’ thought Kyungsoo, hoping this night would continue smoothly. Jongin looked good, almost too good and Kyungsoo could feel his heart start to race. The boy has never felt anything towards another guy besides Jongin, so Kyungsoo always gets extra nervous around him. Having no experience with boys, Kyungsoo can't help but shy away when Jongin is near him. He isn’t sure how to behave around him so he decides to just stay quiet and hope he doesn’t embarrass himself.

 

Observing Jongin and Kyungsoo’s awkward interaction, Sehun smiled.

 

“Well, now that we’re all here, let’s head inside!” said Sehun, taking Luhan’s hand and leading them down the small flight of stairs that led to the entrance of the club.

 

“This is going to be so fun!” exclaimed Baekhyun, clinging onto his boyfriend as they made their way inside.

 

Gesturing for Kyungsoo to go in front of him, Jongin gave the boy a smile, trying to convey the fact that even though this setup was quite a surprise, they may as well make the best of it.

 

Appreciating Jongin’s politeness, Kyungsoo returned the smile, blushing as he did so.

 

 

 

 

Immediately after stepping through the doorway, Sehun tightened his grip on Luhan’s hand.

 

The club was packed. The amount of people in there was almost suffocating, but Sehun was lucky to spot a curved couch that would fit him and his friends. There were a few empty drinks on the table, but Sehun doubted that anyone would notice he stole someone’s seat. Looking behind him to make eye contact with Jongin and Chanyeol, Sehun pointed to the couch and began heading over. Bringing a hand to Luhan’s waist, Sehun pulled them through the crowd of people. This party was dark and loud; two things that made Sehun a bit nervous. Both his sight and hearing would be impaired, and that worried him.

 

“Luhan, you can’t leave me tonight. I really don’t know what I would do if I lost you again…” said Sehun, taking seat beside the smaller boy.

 

“Don’t worry, Sehun-ah. I plan on staying right here beside you.” replied Luhan, looking up at the boy as he brought a hand to Sehun’s thigh.

 

Tensing at Luhan’s dangerously placed hand, Sehun brought an arm over Luhan’s shoulder and pulled him close. There’s no way he was letting Luhan out of his sight tonight.

 

“Chanyeol, let’s go dance!” shouted Baekhyun, grabbing his boyfriends hand before they even sat down.

 

“Already? O-okay…” responded Chanyeol, letting himself get dragged onto the dance floor. 

 

Laughing at Chanyeol’s face as the giant tried to squeeze through the crowd of people blocking his way, Jongin took a seat across from Sehun and Luhan, waiting for Kyungsoo to take a seat next to him. The smaller boy looked nervous, as if he’s never experienced this type of environment before and Jongin smiled at the boy’s innocence.

 

“Doesn’t Kyungsoo look adorable tonight?” asked Luhan, glancing at Jongin as he spoke.

 

“Yeah. Very…” agreed Jongin, admiring Kyungsoo’s perfect complexion.

 

Looking up to meet eyes with Jongin, Kyungsoo’s heart skipped a beat. The boy was looking at him with such an intense gaze that Kyungsoo was a bit taken aback. It wasn’t creepy or lustful, though, but almost passionate.

 

“Hey Luhan, how about we get some drinks?” asked Sehun, feeling the need to give Jongin and Kyungsoo some time alone.

 

“Sure! Do guys want anything?” asked Luhan, causing the two other boys to break their eye contact and look up at him.

 

“Umm…I’ll just have whatever. I’m not picky.” said Jongin.

 

“Just get me whatever you’re having.” said Kyungsoo, hoping Luhan’s usual drink wasn’t anything crazy.

 

“Alright. We’ll be right back.” said Sehun, grabbing Luhan’s hand before making their way over to the bar.

 

Once the couple left, silence fell upon the two boys. The music was still blaring around them, but no interaction was being made. Jongin and Kyungsoo were simply looking around, their eyes always ending up back at each other. Wanting to break the awkward tension, Jongin decided to make some small talk.

 

“Have you ever been to a party like this before?” asked Jongin.

 

“N-no…is it that obvious?” replied Kyungsoo, biting his lip out of embarrassment.

 

“Well, you just seem a bit nervous.”

 

“It’s just…there’s so many people here that I don’t know…”

 

“You know me. And don’t worry, I won’t let anything happen to you.” said Jongin, giving Kyungsoo a smile.

 

Blushing at Jongin’s determined statement, Kyungsoo thanks him.

 

“Are you going to dance?” asked the smaller boy, looking up at Jongin with sparkling eyes.

 

“Umm…I don’t know. I wouldn’t want to dance by myself. That’s a bit embarrassing.”

 

Nodding in agreement to Jongin’s point, Kyungsoo took a deep breath before asking, “Would you dance with me?”

 

Maybe it was the blaring music, but Jongin could have sworn he heard Kyungsoo ask him to dance.

 

“What?” asked Jongin, wanting to make sure he heard the boy correctly.

 

 “You said you don’t want to dance by yourself, so…would you dance with me?”

 

‘Oh my God. He really did ask me that.’ thought Jongin, feeling his heart start to race at the thought of dancing with Kyungsoo.

 

“Y-yeah. I’d love to.”

 

While smiling up at Jongin, Kyungsoo heard a “We’re back!” from a familiar voice. Looking to his right, Kyungsoo was met with Luhan and Sehun carrying a tray of drinks and a few shots.

 

“Okay, so this is for Jongin…” said Luhan, handing Jongin a beer.

 

“And here’s yours, Kyungsoo.” said Sehun, placing a frozen drink in front of the boy.

 

“What’s this?” asked Kyungsoo, having expected a beer or something similar.

 

“A strawberry daiquiri. It’s sweet, so I thought you’d like it.” said Luhan, pulling off his jacket and taking a sip of the one he had in his hand.

 

“And drinks are on me.” said Sehun, smiling at the boys around him.

 

“Really? I don’t mind paying…” offered Jongin.

 

“No, it’s okay. I want to.”

 

“I have such a generous boyfriend.” said Luhan, leaning up to give Sehun a kiss.

 

“Yeah, yeah…” said Sehun, smiling at Luhan’s affection before being interrupted by his friends who were now stumbling over to their table

 

“Guys! You need to go dance!” shouted Baekhyun, sporting a huge smile while pulling a sweaty Chanyeol behind him.

 

“Oh, you got drinks?” asked Chanyeol, reaching for a shot after he sat down.

 

“You look exhausted…” said Kyungsoo, finally noticing how out of breath the couple was.

 

“Well, once you make it to the center of the dance floor, it’s basically a rave. I held onto Chanyeol the whole time because I was afraid I’d lose him.”

 

“That’s pretty intense.” said Sehun, peering down at Luhan with a look of slight worry.

 

“Oh, c’mon Sehun. It’s fun!” said Luhan, downing the last of his drink.

 

“You better take it easy with the drinks…”

 

“Sehun-ah, it’s only my first.”

 

“I know, but—” began Sehun, but was interrupted when Luhan crawled over him and stood beside the table.

 

“Let’s dance.” said the smaller boy, holding out his hand for Sehun to take.

 

Sighing at Luhan’s impatience, Sehun got up and followed the boy towards the center of the club.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: hello! i had a bit more added to this chapter, but i decided to leave it here and start the next chapter with what i cut out. i'll be updating pretty soon though since i already have some of the next chapter done (it's gonna be y and i might throw a bit of drama in there). hope you like it! and it's not edited...sorry.