Chapter 5

Prove It

 

After arriving back at the dorm, Luhan had taken out his books, ready to get some work done before Sehun and Chanyeol came over.  Before setting out his own work, Baekhyun had texted Chanyeol, informing him of tonight’s plans. 

 

To: Chanyeol

 

Luhan wants us to hang out with him and Sehun tonight in our room. Can you come?

 

Baekhyun was really hoping he could, for two reasons.  One reason being that he already told Luhan they would both be there, and the second reason being that he doesn’t really want Sehun alone in a room with Luhan.  Who knows what Sehun would do?

 

From: Chanyeol

 

Yeah I’m free tonight, but why? I think it might be a good idea to leave Sehun and Luhan alone for tonight, so they can get comfortable with each other…

 

‘Is he insane?’ thought Baekhyun.  Chanyeol actually thinks it’s a good idea to leave Sehun and Luhan in a room together?  He must be out of his mind.

 

To: Chanyeol

 

What. The. Hell. I don’t know what you’re thinking, but you sound pretty dumb right now. Just come tonight and don’t make a big deal about it.

 

Luhan peeked up at Baekhyun, who looked as if he was scowling at his phone, and decided that maybe it wasn’t the best time to ask for help with his statistics homework.

 

From: Chanyeol

 

Think about it...Sehun seems to actually like Luhan right? So let’s just pretend to be late, hang out by ourselves for a bit, and then show up later.  I’m sure Luhan will be fine.

 

As much a Baekhyun wanted to disagree with Chanyeol, he did have a pretty decent plan.  He’s never seen Sehun act like this around anyone, even the girls he’s hooked up with, so maybe he should go along with Chanyeol’s idea and see how it goes.  Deciding that he would trust Chanyeol with this one, he agrees, but only if they actually do show up later.  He wouldn’t want to leave Luhan alone with that playboy for the whole night.

 

To: Chanyeol

 

Fine. I just hope I don’t regret this.

 

“Hey Luhan, Chanyeol and I are gonna work on our homework together, but we’ll make sure to be back before you start the movie.” said Baekhyun, hoping Luhan would believe him.

 

“Okay! That’s fine. Have fun with your homework.” Luhan smiled and leaned his head to the side, looking extra cute. 

 

With Luhan looking this adorable, it made Baekhyun worry if he made the right decision with leaving the boy alone with Sehun for most of the night.

 

From: Chanyeol

 

Don’t worry about it. They’ll be fine. See you later tonight :)

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened at the little emoji that Chanyeol had sent.  ‘He’s never sent me an emoji…’ thought Baekhyun, smiling and hoping that maybe this meant his one sided crush wasn’t so one sided anymore.

 

 

 

 

Luhan can admit that he was a bit excited for this movie night he had planned with his friends.  Baekhyun had already left to do his homework with Chanyeol, so Luhan was getting ready while he was waiting for them.  Being to lazy to change out his sweatshirt and jeans, Luhan just combed his hair with his fingers and made sure he would look pleasing to Sehun.  As much as he doesn’t want to, Luhan can’t help but feel an attraction towards the taller boy.  With his perfect hair and handsome face, Luhan wants Sehun to like him, even if he hasn’t fully opened up to him yet.

 

Hearing a familiar knock on the door, Luhan smoothed out his jeans and opened it to reveal a very expected Sehun.  Unable to hide his blush, Luhan smiled at Sehun and let him in. 

 

“We’ll start the movie soon, so just make yourself comfortable.” said Luhan, going over to check his phone that he heard buzzing.

 

From: Baekhyun :)

 

Chanyeol and I are running a bit late...this homework is taking forever and I really need to get it done. Just start the movie without us and we’ll try and be there soon.

 

Luhan frowned at the text, but didn’t dwell on it.  ‘They’ll be here soon enough’ thought Luhan.  Looking over at Sehun who was casually laying on his bed, Luhan made his way over and shooed him off.

 

“What?” asked Sehun, slowly getting up from Luhan’s all too comfortable mattress.

 

“I don’t trust you on my bed.  Not yet.” said Luhan, looking down.

 

Sehun didn’t need to be told twice.  He got off and sat on the floor, smiling up at Luhan.  If sitting on the floor meant helping him get one step closer to gaining Luhan’s trust, then Sehun will gladly do just that. 

 

Luhan was surprised that Sehun had so willingly got off his bed, as he was expecting a bit more of a fight.  Luhan hopped on his bed and scanned through the movies that were laid out on his blankets. 

 

“Oh by the way, Baek and Chanyeol said they’d be running a little late, but for us to start the movie anyway.” said Luhan, eventually picking an action movie he’d never seen before.

 

Sehun just nodded while smiling to himself, thanking Chanyeol for the opportunity he begged for.  If it weren’t for him, Sehun wouldn’t be alone with Luhan right now. 

 

Wanting to make this a casual night for just the two of them, Sehun began to squirm around on the floor for a bit before clearing his throat.

 

“What is it?” asked Luhan.

 

“Nothing…it’s just that this floor isn’t too comfortable, and I am your guest…so…” drabbled Sehun, praying that Luhan’s kind heart would let him up.

 

Luhan thought about the idea for minute.  Would Sehun be all touchy? Or would he respect Luhan’s space?  It’s a pretty dangerous gamble, but Luhan did feel kind of bad making Sehun sit on the floor while they were going to watch a movie. 

 

“Fine.” Luhan sighed, making room for Sehun next to him on the bed.

 

Sehun wasted no time in getting on the bed and making himself cozy, snuggling up a fair distance away from Luhan, but once the movie started, Sehun shifted a bit closer.  Too engrossed in the movie that was playing, Luhan hadn’t noticed the closer proximity of Sehun. 

 

As the movie progressed, Luhan began to feel sleepy and soon enough, his head went tumbling onto Sehun’s broad shoulder. 

 

Surprised with the sudden weight added to his left side, Sehun glanced down and saw Luhan, fast asleep on his arm.  Laughing to himself quietly, not wanting to wake the boy, Sehun began Luhan’s unbelievably soft hair.  ‘. Guy’s hair can be this soft? Since when…’ thought Sehun, fully admiring the smaller boy next to him.

 

Suddenly uninterested in the movie that kept flashing about on the television, Sehun occupied himself with keeping Luhan close to him, knowing that the boy would probably never cuddle up to him like this if he were awake.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Updated! Aww Luhan and Sehun are so cute.  And looks like Baekyeol may happen soon :) Hope you enjoyed it and I'll try to update as soon as I can.