Chapter 6

Prove It

 

With a new hope, Baekhyun made his way to Chanyeol’s room, mentally telling himself words of encouragement.  Baekhyun and Chanyeol had been friends since high school, always hanging out together, but just recently Baekhyun had noticed his attraction towards the other boy.  Being friends with someone for so long, then suddenly realizing you may have feelings for them can be pretty intimidating.  Not knowing what else to do with his situation, Baekhyun was planning to just act himself and silently observe Chanyeol until he knows for sure that his friend feels the same way. 

 

Once he had made it to the room, Baekhyun brushed away his fringe and gave the door a few knocks.   Trying to relax himself, Baekhyun took a deep breath and looked down to straighten his t-shirt, only to hear the door open and see Chanyeol smiling at him. 

 

“Trying to impress me?” said Chanyeol, smirking down at his clearly blushing friend.  Chanyeol thought it was cute how Baekhyun became flustered with being caught fixing himself while waiting for the door to be opened.

 

“W-what? W-why would I want to impress you...” Baekhyun stuttered nervously, looking away.  ‘Wow, I’m already making a fool of myself.  Quit being so nervous!’ Baekhyun thought to himself.

 

Chanyeol laughed a bit louder than he should have, seeing right through the lie that Baekhyun had just spilled.  Chanyeol knew Baekhyun liked him.  He found out a few months ago when he saw Baekhyun blushing while Chanyeol changed his shirt in front him, something that never used to make his friend blush.  Chanyeol smiled and threw on a sweatshirt, planning to take Baekhyun out tonight.

 

Noticing that his friend was lacking any warm clothing, Chanyeol grabbed a zip-up from his closet and handed it to Baekhyun.

 

“What’s this for?” Baekhyun asked, eyeing the hoodie that smelled of Chanyeol’s cologne.

 

“We’re going out for coffee.” said Chanyeol, stepping out the door past Baekhyun.

 

Eyes widening in a happy surprise, Baekhyun quickly put on a face of indifference, attempting to mask the butterflies he was feeling. 

 

“Why? Remember we have to be back in time to check on Luhan and Se—” Baekhyun was interrupted by a finger to his lips, ceasing his nagging. 

 

“Baek, I know.  Just forget about those two for a minute.  Relax…” said Chanyeol, pulling Baekhyun down the hall.

 

‘Relax? How the hell am I supposed to relax?!’ Baekhyun screamed in his head.  His heart was beating so fast, he could swear he was about to faint.  Chanyeol’s hoodie, which was about 2 sizes big on him, was too comfortable.  Chanyeol’s cologne was too intoxicating, and just Chanyeol himself was too good looking.  So far, everything about this night has been a bit overwhelming.

 

As the boys were walking down the dimly lit street to the coffee shop Chanyeol had in mind, silence fell over the two. 

 

Chanyeol was just staring ahead of him with a slight smile on his face, while Baekhyun was focusing on not tripping in front of the boy next to him.  Pulling Baekhyun out of his concentration, Chanyeol put a hand on his waist and led him inside the small café that Baekhyun had almost passed.

 

After ordering an espresso for himself, Chanyeol gazed at Baekhyun, who was smiling up at the waitress, asking politely for a cappuccino.  Chanyeol really hadn’t planned much for the evening besides taking Baekhyun out for coffee, so now that they were here, he wasn’t sure what to do.  Glancing at Baekhyun’s pretty little hands from across the table, Chanyeol decided that he would test Baekhyun’s limits while they were here. 

 

“It’s pretty warm in here, don’t you think?” said Chanyeol, before stripping himself of his sweatshirt, grabbing the bottom and lifting it over his head.   

 

Baekhyun looked up to respond, but stopped himself when he was faced with Chanyeol’s tone and bare chest.  Unable to hide his blush, Baekhyun coughed and stared playing with the spoon that was set in front of him. 

 

Chanyeol smiled to himself while the sweatshirt hid his face, hearing Baekhyun’s embarrassed cough. 

 

Just as Chanyeol was placing his sweatshirt on the chair behind him, the waitress arrived with their drinks.  Looking up to smile at the waitress, Chanyeol purposely brushed his hand against hers as she set the espresso down.  The waitress blushed and giggled lightly to herself before placing Baekhyun’s cappuccino in front of him.

 

Catching Chanyeol’s subtle flirting with the waitress, Baekhyun became jealous.  Avoiding Chanyeol’s eyes and focusing on his drink, Baekhyun’s lips thinned as he looked down. 

 

“Was that really necessary?” Baekhyun said rather quietly. 

 

Chanyeol pretended he had no idea what his friend was talking about and just replied with “Was what necessary?”

 

Scoffing, Baekhyun rolled his eyes and said “Nothing. Nevermind.”

 

Succeeding in making the boy jealous, Chanyeol mentally gave himself a pat on the back.  ‘Guess he likes me enough to get jealous pretty easily’ thought Chanyeol. 

 

Finishing off his cappuccino, Baekhyun set his cup down and looked up at Chanyeol, asking if he was ready to go.  Chanyeol had to suppress a laugh as he noticed the foam on Baekhyun’s upper lip.  Wanting to take advantage of the opportunity, Chanyeol leaned over and made a move to wipe it off, surprising Baekhyun.  the foam off his thumb, Chanyeol got up and began putting his sweatshirt back on.

 

“Yah! W-what was that?” Baekhyun said, too shocked to get out of his seat.

 

Chanyeol just laughed and pulled his friend up and out of the café, thanking the employee’s as they left. 

 

 

 

 

Arriving back at the dorms, the two of them made it to Baekhyun and Luhan’s room, praying that Sehun had behaved himself.  Without knocking, Baekhyun opened the door to find Luhan asleep on Sehun’s shoulder, and Sehun looking back at him. 

 

“Shh…” said Sehun, putting a finger to his lips, and then gazing down at Luhan.

 

Chanyeol smiled at the sight and gave Sehun a thumbs up while standing behind Baekhyun, who couldn’t help but ‘awwww’ at the sight of a sleeping Luhan.  Stirring awake from the sudden sounds, Luhan slowly opened his eyes.

 

Remembering that he was supposed to be watching a movie with Sehun, Luhan raised his head, only to realize that he had been resting on the boy.  Blushing and scooting a few inches away from Sehun, Luhan smiled to himself, happy that Sehun had kept his promise. 

 

“Chanyeol and I should get going.  It’s getting late, and Luhan here is clearly exhausted.” said Sehun, eyeing the boy next to him. 

 

Chanyeol bid his goodbyes to Baekhyun with a wink, causing the smaller boy to smile, and stepped out of the doorway to lean against the opposing wall, waiting for Sehun.  Getting up from the bed and stretching a bit, Sehun headed for the door, ready to spill his feelings to Chanyeol once they left.  Turning around to say his good night, Sehun was met with Luhan hugging him tightly, with his head buried in Sehun’s chest.

 

Luhan couldn’t help it.  He really liked Sehun, despite his reputation, and the boy had behaved himself all night.  So Luhan thought that deserved a hug. 

 

Before he could even hug Luhan back, Sehun was disappointed to find Luhan pulling away to stand in front of him.  Sighing a bit to himself, but still smiling, Sehun wished Luhan and Baekhyun a good night while making his way out the door.  He saw Chanyeol smirking at him as they made their way down the hall, causing Sehun to laugh. 

 

“Seems like tonight went well for the both of us.” said Chanyeol, thinking about the way Baekhyun smiled at him.

 

“Yeah, seems like it.  Thanks again for making that happen Chan.” Sehun replied, lightly bumping shoulders with his best friend. 

 

“Hey there’s no need to thank me.  That’s what friends are for right?  And can I just say that you and Luhan looked pretty adorable when Baek and I came in.” said Chanyeol.

 

Sehun laughed and shook his head, “Luhan’s the adorable one, not me, but I do think I’m getting the hang of this ‘taking things slow’ idea.”

 

“I believe in you Sehun.  Just keep it up and Luhan will be yours before you know it.” said Chanyeol, having full confidence that Sehun will win over the boy he’s trying so hard for.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: hi everyone! thanks for almost 60 subscribers already :) i love you all! hope you like this chapter and please leave your comments to let me know what you think :)