Chapter 8

Prove It

 

It’s only been a week since that afternoon with Sehun, but Luhan can say that he’s never been happier.  Sehun’s been doing really well with not pressuring Luhan into anything he wasn’t comfortable with, and he walks Luhan to his morning class every day.  Also, there haven’t been any other issues with their classmates, which Luhan is grateful for.  The last thing he wants is for someone to ruin what he has going on with Sehun so far.  Luhan’s been really happy, so he feels as though he deserves a peaceful relationship. 

 

Sitting in the library during one of their regular study sessions, Luhan and Sehun were just enjoying each other’s company, when Sehun turned to the boy next to him and guided his fingers through Luhan’s hair.

 

Smiling at the affection he’s receiving, Luhan put his pencil down and gazed up at Sehun before asking, “What’s up?”

 

“Are you free tonight?” asked Sehun, still playing with Luhan’s hair (something that’s become a regular thing).

 

“If we get all this work done now, then I will be…why?” said Luhan.

 

“Wanna go out, like…on a date?” asked Sehun, getting nervous from the thought of going on a real date with Luhan.

 

Beyond thrilled with the idea, Luhan started bouncing around in his seat before giving Sehun a quick kiss on the cheek.

 

Startled with the sudden excitement that Luhan was showing, Sehun just laughed and said, “Looks like I found my answer.”

 

“I’d love to go! Wait, where are we going? And when? I need time to get ready…” replied a flustered Luhan, grabbing Sehun’s hand and looking desperate to for answers. 

 

Smiling down at Luhan, Sehun tried to calm the boy down by the tiny hands in his and telling him that it’s not such a big deal.

 

“You won’t need to get too dressed up, we can just—” started Sehun, but was interrupted when a giant hand began ruffling his hair.

 

“Hey guys!” said Chanyeol, taking a seat across from the two boys.

 

A little pissed off that he was interrupted when trying to plan his night with Luhan, Sehun just rolled his eyes and gave a small, “Hi.”

 

“Hey Chanyeol! Guess what Sehun and I are doing tonight.” said Luhan, eagerly leaning over table towards Chanyeol.

 

“Ummm…something exciting I guess?” said Chanyeol, glancing between Sehun and Luhan, trying figure out what’s going on.

 

“Sehun and I are going on a date!” replied Luhan, finding Sehun’s hand under the table.

 

“Wow. Sehun, I never thought you’d be one to go on a date.  I guess Luhan’s pretty special.” said Chanyeol, smiling at the two boys in front of him.

 

Deciding to avoid the intimate subject, Sehun just squeezed Luhan’s hand a bit under the table.  Sehun was equally excited for this date as Luhan was, but clearly hid it better than the other boy.  The only thing was, Sehun’s never been on a date, and he knows that he’s gonna need some more advice from Chanyeol later tonight.

 

“Well we have to get this work done or else we won’t be going, so…” said Sehun, trying to hint to his friend that he should get going.

 

“I get it, I’ll leave you two to your work.  Have fun tonight!” said Chanyeol, before standing up and heading down the row of books.

 

Looking back at Luhan, Sehun smiled and brought their hands up from under the table, “We should really finish this…”

 

“Yeah, let’s get it done.” said Luhan, blushing out of habit every time Sehun smiled at him.

 

And with that, the boys got to work, both looking forward to this night they would spend together.

 

 

 

“What should we do tonight…” said Sehun, pacing around him and Chanyeol’s room.

 

Chanyeol just laughed while lying on his bed, not surprised that Sehun was here asking him for some advice.

 

“You didn’t check to see if there was anything going on tonight downtown?” asked Chanyeol, a bit dumfounded that Sehun just asked Luhan on their first date without anything in mind.

 

“No.  That’s why I’m asking you.” said Sehun, looking through his closet.

 

“Well lucky for you, I know that there’s little festival going on.  I heard a lot of people are going.” said Chanyeol.

 

“Will he like that?  I want this to go well, so he has to like festivals.” said Sehun, pulling out a navy button up.

 

“God Sehun, who wouldn’t like it.  You’re over thinking this.  I’m sure Luhan will have fun.” replied Chanyeol.

 

“Maybe you’re right…I just need to relax.” said Sehun.

 

“Hell yeah you need to relax.  Just get ready and go.  Pay for anything he asks for, hold his hand, and just keep him smiling.  That’s all you need to do, instincts should take over.” said Chanyeol, sitting up to grab his phone from the desk.

 

“This isn’t Chanyeol.  Instincts don’t take over when you’re on date, this is something you have to plan and be ready for, which I’m not.” said Sehun, buttoning up his top and fixing his hair. 

 

“Speaking of...I hope you don’t plan on doing anything with Luhan tonight.  That’s not something you do after a first date.” said Chanyeol.

 

Sighing, Sehun replied, “Of course not.  You need to understand that I actually like Luhan.  I’m gonna take my time with this relationship.”

 

“Glad to hear it.  Now hurry up and go, it’s getting late.” said Chanyeol, ushering Sehun out of the room.

 

“Okay, okay…I’m going.” said Sehun, grabbing his wallet and stepping out.

 

“Good luck!” exclaimed Chanyeol.

 

“Thanks, I’ll need it.” said Sehun, gathering up his courage before making his way outside.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: this is just part 1 of the hopefully double update today! but i want to give you a WARNING in advance that the next chapter may start some drama...i haven't decided yet.  i have a few ideas of what could happen but idk which one to choose! well i guess you'll find out later :) thanks again for reading!