Chapter 1

Prove It

 

“Luhan! Are you almost ready? It’s time to go and I don’t wanna be late!” Baekhyun shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

 

Luhan knew he probably shouldn’t have wasted his time trying on a hundred different outfits when he has Baekhyun waiting for him downstairs, but he couldn’t help it.  Luhan would be transferring Universities by the end of the summer and he wanted to make an impression at this “Welcoming the new school year” party that the sophomores are hosting. 

 

“Almost ready! I’ll meet you in the car!” Luhan yelled from his bedroom doorway. 

 

All Luhan had to do was fix his hair and he’d be ready to go.  Being honest with himself, Luhan can say he was a bit nervous.  Transferring Universities can be pretty scary, even if you do know people.  Luhan would be the ‘new kid’ at a party full of people who already knew eachother.  I mean, Luhan knew Baekhyun, and that does make this whole thing a bit easier, but he’s still worried enough that he makes sure to look perfect.  And when Luhan finally gets into the car, Baekhyun speeds off towards the party.

 

“Jeez, could you have taken any longer getting ready? Who are you even trying to impress?” said Baekhyun as he turned right down a dark and sandy back road.

 

“Who am I trying to impress? Is that even a real question Baek? I have to impress everyone!  You know it’s hard for me to make friends, me being shy and all, so at least I have to look good…” said Luhan as he looked out the window and began to see lights peeking through the trees.

 

“Luhan you always look adorable, so don’t sweat it.  Everyone is gonna love you!  And who knows, maybe you’ll even find a cute guy to hang around.” Baekhyun wiggled his eyebrows as Luhan rolled his eyes.

 

As Baekhyun was parking, Luhan realized that this was a beach party, and not the typical frat party he was expecting.  There were tons of kids here and Luhan assumed there were students from at least every grade attending.  The music was blasting and everyone was dancing and socializing around a huge bonfire that some kids were roasting marshmallows on.  Luhan could tell there was alcohol being served by the girls stumbling past him as he stepped out of the car. 

 

“My friend Chanyeol is gonna be here, so try and act at least a bit sociable…” said Baekhyun as he lead them through the crowd, searching for Chanyeol and his friends.  As Luhan was making his way through the mob of college students, he stumbled on the sand and almost fell if it weren’t for the strong arms that held him up just in time. 

 

“You okay?” asked the tall stranger that had been holding Luhan by the waist, making sure he wasn’t hurt.

 

“Yeah, I’m fine. Thank you…” Luhan said quietly as he brushed off his outfit that he had spent hours putting together. 

 

When Luhan eventually looked up after fixing his clothes, he met eyes with the boy that saved his fall.  Luhan could have sworn he’d never seen a boy more beautiful.  Tall, lean, and with a cute yet very handsome face, this guy must have been a model or something.  It took Luhan a few moments to gather himself before he straightened up and fixed his hair.  ‘So much for me impressing anyone.’ thought Luhan. 

 

After briefly eyeing the smaller boy like a lion would eye fresh meat, the guy just smirked and walked away, but not without brushing Luhan’s arm as he passed. 

 

“Luhan! Over here!” shouted Baekhyun who was being handed a drink by one of his friends from university.

 

“Chanyeol, this is Luhan.  He’ll be attending here when classes start up.” said Baekhyun as his two friends exchanged smiles. 

 

“Hey, it’s nice to meet y—“ Chanyeol was interrupted when a girl started laughing obnoxiously a few feet away from him.

 

Luhan looked over and saw a girl wearing almost nothing, clinging to the familiar face he caught a glimpse of earlier.  It was the guy who’d caught him and left with a seductive smile.  ‘It’s no wonder he’s so popular with the girls...’ thought Luhan.  Even though he had only just met the guy (if you can even call it "meeting"), Luhan felt a bit jealous of the girl who he so tenderly held onto, laughing and smiling all the while.

 

“That’s Sehun. I recommend not getting too involved with him, since he can be real heartbreaker. He’s one of Chanyeol’s friends and Chanyeol told me he treats girls like crap, yet they all come running back. It’s not fair to be blessed with God-like looks and have a personality.  He’s a real jerk…” Baekhyun whispered to Luhan while staring at Sehun and the group of girls he seemed to be entertaining.  As Luhan continued to watch Sehun and that hyper-mature girl being all over each other, he heard Chanyeol calling Sehun over.

 

“Sehun! Get rid of the for a while and meet Baekhyun’s friend!” Chanyeol shouted over the loud music to Sehun, who seemed to be pretty content with his lady friends surrounding him. 

 

Sehun looked up and slid his hands off the girl, who looked extremely disappointed that Sehun just ignored her presence in a heartbeat.  Luhan looked down, as he all of a sudden felt very vulnerable in this large mass of people.  He knows Baekhyun asked him to socialize a bit more tonight, but he can’t help it.  He has a quiet personality to begin with, and when he is expected to properly introduce himself to a guy like Sehun, he closes himself off.  Luhan usually isn’t one to mess with playboys like Sehun, no matter how good looking.

 

When Luhan looked down, Sehun smiled to himself.  He knew this boy liked him and he had the intentions of helping him “open up” a little by the time this party was over.  Sehun’s never been with a guy, but he’s never exactly ruled out the possibility and Sehun can admit that he thought this guy was cute, if not totally adorable.

 

“This is Luhan, he’ll be studying at our university this year.” Chanyeol said as he plopped his hand on Luhans head. 

 

Luhan looked up and saw Sehun smirking at him again, and he was starting to feel uncomfortable.  He could sense the bad intentions flowing off Sehun in waves and he wasn’t quite sure what to do about it.

 

“Luhan,” Sehun repeated the name over in his head and couldn’t help but think it was very pretty name.  ‘A pretty name for a pretty boy.' thought Sehun. 

 

“It’s a pleasure to meet you…again.” Sehun leaned over and whispered the last part as he held out his hand for Luhan to take grasp of.  Luhan reached out for Sehun’s hand and shook it delicately.

 

“You have beautiful hands.” Sehun admired as Luhan immediately drew his hand away.  Sehun started laughing while Luhan blushed out of embarrassment.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun exchanged worried glances, both knowing what could become of their two friends. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys! So this chapter is pretty short, but it's just to give a basic idea of what the story's gonna be like (thought it was too long for the forward)...and I really hope I can keep updating this regularly becuse I'm in UNI and it's a pain.