Chapter 35

I'm Gonna Live With EXO?!

You are no longer his favorite!

         

“NOOO!” Dara abruptly sat up from the bed with horrified eyes, sweat trickling down her face.

 

“Dara!” Dara turned to her left to where the voice came from. Her vision was blurred. Dara blinked once, twice, until she can fully see a worried face of a nurse. ‘Nurse?’

 

Dara looked around the room, only to see white sheets on her bed, curtains half-opened that separated her bed from the others, a clock hanging on the wall, and a table not far away from her bed. ‘What am I doing here?’ Dara asked herself.

 

Dara was about to stand up when she felt a sting on her knee. “Oh dear, don’t move so hastily. You’ve got a nasty wound there on your knee. What happened?” the nurse asked worriedly.

 

“I just fell…” Dara lied.

 

The nurse nodded and smiled, feeling relieved. “Be careful next time. By the way, do you want some fruit or—ah, wait a sec.” the phone on the nurse’s desk rang. Dara waited patiently, and scanned her bandaged wound. “What should I do? Suho-ma and D.O-pa will be worried…and Chen…” Dara mumbled to herself. She felt guilty after yelling at Chen like that. She decided that she will apologize later.

 

“Dara?” The nurse called. “I’ll be going out for a while. Take a rest and wait for me, okay?”

 

Dara nodded at her, and smiled.

 

“Oh—” Dara looked at the nurse with confusion.

 

“What is it?” Dara asked. The nurse looked at Dara and shook her head, “It’s nothing. See you, then.”

 

 

Dara’s POV

 

*Sigh*

 

I pulled my legs up to my chest and hugged it firmly, resting my chin above my knees.

 

“I thought you’re smarter, Sandara? He gave you to strangers, he distanced himself from you, he called me his lovely granddaughter. Don’t you see? Grandpa Park hates you. You are no longer his favorite!”

 

It’s strange…

 

It hurt like hell when she said those words to me. Even in my dream, it pierced through my heart. But now that I think about it again…it doesn’t hurt as much.

 

“It doesn’t make sense at all…”

 

I just don’t believe grandpa would just hand me to anybody so easily. I may be desperate to be with him, but now that I think about it, all my actions up to this point defined me stupid and reckless. I’m broken, but I acted tough. I’m sad, but pretended to be happy. The past made me realize how weak I was.

 

“What do you want me to do, grandpa?” I mumbled helplessly.

 

“Continue living with Exo.”

 

I sighed. “I still don’t understand why you want me to live with those twelve weird boys, grandpa.”

 

“They’re not weird. They are unique, handsome, and very lovable boys.”

 

I cringed at those words. “They are not. What makes you think—Oh my god…” why didn’t I realize it sooner?!

 

“Look to your right~” I don’t know why I followed that voice’s order, but the moment I did, I regretted.

 

“Now look at me in the eyes, and tell me I’m not unique, handsome, and lovable.”

 

“LUHAN?!” I gawked at him. Unbelievable! How long has he been sitting there?! And why didn’t I hear him coming here?!

 

“I’m waiting~” he hummed as he propped his elbows on the bed, and rested his chin on his palms. He grinned stupidly at me, and… winked at me?!

 

“Yah!” I moved backwards, keeping a distance from him. “What are you doing here? And did you just do your aegyo at me?!” guess what the weirdo did… That’s right! He winked at me… again!

 

“What is wrong with you, Luhan?!” I roared. Seriously, has he always been like this? Weird and creepy? Come to think of it, I don’t know anything about Luhan. In fact, I don’t fairly know all of them. I only know Suho is the leader, D.O is the cook, Kris is the father, Sehun likes bubble tea, Bacon and chocolate, Tao and Gucci, Lay and kitty, Yeollie the tall guy, Xiumin the responsible, Kai the playboy, and troll king Chen. Okay, I know one or two, but I’ve never seen a worried Chen, nor this weird and creepy Luhan. I’ve been with them more than a month now, and yet…

 

I was snapped out of my own thoughts when I heard Luhan groan. I looked at him, and he looked different from before. As I stared at him for a while, I noticed that he’s paler than usual, and that creepy smile of his was replaced with a straight line. “Hey, Luhan. Gwaenchanha?” I asked as I inched closer. “Are you sick? Tell me…”

 

Then Luhan faced me, and grinned like the weirdo he was. “Princess is worried about me. I’m touched~” and winked at me again! Aish, seriously! Is there something wrong with his eyes?! Why this little deer—

 

“Ack…” My annoyance of him instantly faded when he held his head like it was hurting. “Luhan, you’re sick, aren’t you?” He was about to shake his head, but then he groaned in pain. I breathed, “Annoying.”

 

I got up from bed and stood in front of him. “Get up from that chair, and lie down here.” I tapped the bed in front of him. “And don’t tell me to carry or assist you, ‘cause you know I won’t.” I added.

 

Luhan looked up to me, and smiled. The usual smile he used to wear, not that stupid grin. “Meanie…” He mumbled, but complied anyway. It was me who was sitting on the chair now while Luhan covered himself using the blanket. He then shifted his body so that he’s now facing me, his head resting on his right arm.

 

His gaze went down, and stared at something. Whatever he’s staring at made him frown. I followed his gaze, and landed on my bandaged knee.

 

“Your wound…” he said. Uh-oh… I was worried about Luhan that I forgot to worry about my wound. I am so dead…

 

“Dara…” I flinched at his icy voice. What the heck? Don’t tell me I’ll get scolded right now. Being scolded means punishments, and I hate their punishments!

 

“Look at me.” Waahh! I just went through a dramatic scene earlier! Can’t I have a break?!

 

I bit my lower lip, and slowly raised my eyes meeting his.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Did it hurt when you came down from heaven?”

 

 

 

 

 

What?

 

WHAT?!

 

“Pfffttt… Hahaha! Your face was so epic there, Dara! Hahaha!” and he kept on laughing and laughing while he held his stomach.

 

Why this little...

 

I grabbed the nearest thing my hands could reach, and hit him with all my might.

 

“AIGOOO—” he winced in pain as I smirked at him. Lucky it was only an apple. Poor apple had to deal with my rage. “I hope your headache gets worse!” I puffed with pure annoyance as I stood up from my seat. I turned my heels and

 

 

 

Luhan’s POV

 

I held her hand at the last moment, and as expected, she fainted. Good thing I pulled her quickly before she fell to the floor.

 

I looked at her exhausted face that is now resting on my chest. *Sigh*

 

“Dara, what are we going to do with you?” Mostly, what am I going to do with you?

 

I stared at her a bit longer. Then, out of instinct, I flicked her forehead. “That’s your punishment from me.” I mumbled softly, and smiled.

 

 

Flashback

 

“NOOO!” ugh, my head. What’s with the noise?

 

“Dara!” Dara?

 

I slowly opened my eyes. Ack. My head still hurts…

 

“Oh dear, don’t move so hastily. You’ve got a nasty wound there on your knee. What happened?” A wound? I shut my eyes tightly, focusing on what Dara might say. I’m not eavesdropping, alright? Just listening.

 

“I just fell…” *Sigh*

 

Every time you are hurt, you always lie. Dara, don’t you think by now we already know that trick of yours?

 

“Be careful next time.” Or not.

 

“By the way, do you want some fruit or—ah, wait a sec.”

 

I slowly, but silently sat up from my bed. Dara’s voice doesn’t seem like she’s far. I got up from the bed completely, and gently pushed the curtain separating the beds, if you get what I’m saying here.

 

“Dara…” What are you doing here? Why are you here? What’s that bandage doing on your knee?

 

“Oh—” I jerked my head to my right, and saw the nurse looking at me. As she was about to say my name, I quickly put my index finger on my lips, telling her to be quiet.

 

“What is it?” I heard Dara ask. I pray that you get my message, miss nurse.

 

“It’s nothing. See you, then.” Phew! Thank you, miss nurse.

 

I shifted my gaze back at Dara, and saw that she was in deep thought. “It doesn’t make sense at all…” she mumbled.

 

What doesn’t make sense, Dara?

 

It was the time I decided to grab a chair, and seat next to her. She was too immersed with her thoughts that she failed to hear the noise I just made.

 

 “What do you want me to do, grandpa?” she asked, sounding helpless. I smiled to myself, knowing the easiest answer to her question.

 

“Continue living with Exo.”

 

End of Flashback

 

 

 


 

 

The bell rang, indicating that classes were over. After hearing Chen’s story, all the boys got worried of Dara. They were anxious, and waited for the bell to ring. Now that it happened, they wasted no time and ran all the way to the clinic.

 

Sehun was leading in their little marathon. “I guess he’s very worried about Darong, huh?” Baekhyun huffed, running just beside Chanyeol.

 

“I’m worried about Luhan hyung! Who knows what Dara might do to him!” Sehun spat back without giving Baekhyun a glance. Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other for a millisecond, and thought of the same thing. ‘Isn’t it the other way around? Aigo, Sehun…’

 

Sehun reached for the clinic door, and opened it with a bang. The other boys stopped halted when they reached Sehun.

 

Sehun was stoned, horrified.

 

“Yah, Sehun, get in.” Suho ordered, but Sehun didn’t move an inch.

 

“Aish, this kid. Move.” Kris pushed Sehun out of the door. “Wait, hyung!” Sehun called, but it was too late.

 

The boys saw Dara, sleeping peacefully beside a boy. Her hands was on the boy’s waist, and her head rested on his arm. And then there’s Luhan, with a smile plastered on his face, sleeping beside a girl. His arm under the girls head, with his other arm s on her waist. Both of them covered with a blanket only up to their hips.

 

 

 

 

 

“LUUUUUUUUUUUUU HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!”

 

 

 

 

 


 

KYAAAAHHH!! MY. FEELS. EVERYWHERE!!! I think I stopped breathing while typing this...

My LuDara heart sets sail~ KYAAAHHH!!!

Is it alright? Comment! I need feedbacks for the upcoming DaraExo moments LOL.

Like in chapter 33, I'm giving you the chance to chose who is Dara's other half. Just go to Chapter 33, the vote is still on! And on the last pole, Harem or Dara ends up with no one in particular, simply means it's an open ending♥

I'll be waiting hohoho ♥