Chapter 34

I'm Gonna Live With EXO?!

First of all...

Thank you for those who had the guts to read the short teaser~

There is 50% chance that reader's get disappointed after reading the teaser. Well, in my observation at least.

 

For those who didn't read the teaser, it's fine! Don't worry, here's the update~

This is only a simple one, so please, no high expectations, ne? But I did my best.

That is all! Happy Halloween!

 


 

“Grandpa! Grandpa!” Dara shouted as she continued running with all her might inside the school. There, at the fountain, a back of a girl came to view. Dara halted at that moment, and stared at the figure. Little by little, Dara came closer. Little by little, her heart raced. ‘Could it be?’

The distance between her and the girl were about a meter now. “Yoo…Yoon—ah!” It all came too fast. In a speed of light, Dara felt the throbbing pain on her left cheek as she landed roughly on the ground.

“Oops! I guess my hand slipped. Are you alright? I hope your not.” The girl grinned wickedly as she used her sweetest yet coldest voice on Dara. Dara, on the other hand, couldn’t care less on what she said to her. There was only one thing that’s in Dara’s mind, “Where’s grandfather?”

The girl’s grin instantly faded, and was replaced with a dark and fierce gaze. She knelt on one knee and  grabbed a handful of Dara’s hair, and pulled it backwards, making Dara and her face each other. “I-it hurts… Yoona—ah!” Dara winced in pain as Yoona gripped Dara’s hair more tightly, near the scalp. “You really don’t learn, don’t you, ?” (refer to chapter 13)

“I… want to see g-grandpa—AAHH!” Dara yelped at the unbearing pain Yoona’s been giving her. Dara reached for Yoona’s hand, trying to break free from her grasp. Yoona laughed icily while looking down on Dara. “I thought you’re smarter, Sandara? He gave you to strangers, he distanced himself from you, he called me his lovely granddaughter. Don’t you see? Grandpa Park hates you. You are no longer his favorite!”

“THAT’S ENOUGH!” both girls got startled when a deep voice shouted not so far from them. Yoona looked behind Dara, and an amused smile was etched on her face. Dara looked over to her shoulder, and her face paled when she saw a pair of dark orbs looked at them. His fists were curled in a ball, and his jaw clenched. A dark aura surrounded him. “Ch-Chen…”

Dara felt Yoona’s grip loosening. “Looks like you got lucky today, .” Yoona stood up, and turned, and walked away towards the garden. “Wait!” Dara called as she pushed herself up with all her strength. She half-ran half-limped towards the garden as well.

“Dara!” Chen, who was behind, suddenly appeared in front of her, with his arms stretched on either side, blocking her from following Yoona any further. His features were a lot softer now than before.

“Don’t get in my way!” Dara screamed at the top of her lungs.

“Dara, don’t be like this! Let’s get you to the clinic. Your wounds will get worse if not treated soon!” Chen’s voice was filled with so much worry that he can’t help but be helpless. ‘Why do you hurt so much? Tell me, please.’

“I’m… fine…” Chen’s eyes rounded as a crystal gem fell on Dara’s eyes. “I’m fine… so please Chen, let me go… I beg you…” Dara’s voice was tired. She, herself, was tired. Physically and emotionally tired. There wasn’t a single day that she thought of her Grandfather, grandpa Park. He was all she has. She loved him so much. That was the reason why she was broken everyday since the day she received his letter (refer to chapter 12). She was putting up a front to others—a strong Sandara, a bratty Sandara, a cheerful Sandara—but no matter how hard she tried, she will always be the sad and broken Sandara.

“I just want to see him, Chen. I’m fine so please, let me go…” Dara’s voice became hoarse. Chen can’t do it anymore. He’s at his limit.

“Dara…” Without hesitating, Chen pulled Dara into a hug. Stop crying, Dara. Chen thought. Although Dara fainted, it’s as though she only fell asleep in his arms. Chen gently caressed Dara’s hair with one hand, while the other supported her back.

“Gwaenchanha, Dara…” Chen whispered softly in her ear. ‘I’m fine so please, let me go.’

“You liar. Dara, how much have you been hurt?” His heart ached for her. ‘Stop crying Dara. I’m here for you.’

“Chen?” Chen’s body stiffened. Somebody was watching them. Somebody, and yet, he didn’t notice. Slowly, Chen looked up. Chen relaxed and inwardly sighed as it was only Tao standing in front of them. However, Tao had a blank look on his face. No. His eyes looks like they wanted to ask so many questions, but didn’t know what to ask first. Chen sighed, and picked up Dara, carrying her like a princess. “I’ll explain later. Right now, we have to go to the clinic.” Tao got more confused, but as his gaze went down towards Dara, his eyes widened in horror. “Hyung, why is she injured?! What did you do?!” Tao asked frantically. “What if Suho hyung sees this? What should we say to him?”, he added as he paced back and forth.

“Calm down, Tao-ah. There’s nothing we can do for now except bring her to the clinic.” Chen told. Tao nodded, and then offered to let him carry Dara. Chen agreed since his body, for some unknown reason, became tired as well.

 


 

“Nurse!” Tao called as soon as they opened the door to the clinic. The nurse looked up from her documents and looked up. “What is it this time Mr. Hua—Dara?!” the nurse hurriedly stood up from her chair, and opened a curtain to one of the beds. “Lay her down here.” The nurse instructed. Tao carefully laid Dara on the bed, while the nurse went to get her first aid kit. “I’ll take it from here. You boys need to go to class.” The nurse ordered.

“But…” Tao was about to oppose, but then went silent when the nurse threw a deadly look at him. The nurse hadn’t completely forgotten the chaos that happened in her clinic in the past, all thanks to these boys. “If another student reported to me you caused an uproar here, I will report you to your parents, arasseo?” The boys only nodded, helpless. As they were told, they went to their classroom.

 

Luhan frowned unknowingly in his sleep. There were noises around him that was making him wake up. Even so, he refused to open his eyes. His head throbbed, so he decided to go to dreamland once again.

 


 

“Finally! I thought you guys were really going to skip class the whole day. So where have you guys been? Why are you late? Huh? Don’t you know your responsibility as a student?” Suho began to nag as soon as Chen and Tao entered the room.  “Seriously! Leaving so suddenly as soon as we arrived, me carrying your bags while you’re not around. What, am I your servant now?”

“Suho hyung, please stop. We’re tired.” Chen let out an exasperated sigh.

“What? You’re angry now? Who’s the eldest here? And you say you’re tired? What did you do? Sleep?” Suho went on, but Chen and Tao ignored him.

“Suho, that’s enough. Maybe they really are tired. Give them a break, will you? Let’s eat before second period starts.” Xiumin convinced, which made Chen and Tao cheer mentally.

“By the way, where is Luhan hyung?” Tao asked as he looked around.

“Lulu’s not feeling well, so he went to the clinic just before first period started.” Sehun explained with a frown. Tao and Chen just nodded… until reality hit them. “WHAT?! LUHAN?! CLINIC?” both asked shocked in unison, which made the others startled.

“What is wrong with you two?!” Kris snapped as he threw daggers at the two boys. “And where is Dara?” He added, a little calmer. “And don’t you dare lie to me.” Suho interjected.

“Let’s talk in a more private place. Tao, Chen, I know you guys are keeping something from us.” Kyungsoo spoke. Chanyeol eyed the two as if telling them to just follow without further complaints.

 


 

He gave you to strangers…

                Grandpa knew them before! Stop lying!

He distanced himself from you…

                No he didn’t! Stop it!

He called me his lovely granddaughter…

                That’s because…

Don’t you see? Grandpa Park hates you.

                No! No! No! He loves me!

You are no longer his favorite!

                NOOO!

 

“Dara!”