The 12 Bodyguards

I'm Gonna Live With EXO?!

Such heart-warming comments! You don't know how much your comments made me happy, and to think many comments in less than 24 hours T^T

Thank you for loving my story, for loving DaraExo.

So.....here's an early update for easter sunday♥ Hope this is ok. ^^

 


 

“Good morning Dara.” D.O greeted Dara the next day. As usual, D.O would eat ahead of everyone. “Good morning D.O, are the guys still sleeping?” Dara asked while taking a seat beside D.O for breakfast. D.O shook his head.

“Chanyeol, Kris and Tao went to school an hour ago.” D.O said without looking at Dara. “That early?!” Dara’s eyes widened in disbelief. “Yeah. Sehun, Luhan, Xiumin and Lay followed five minutes ago.” he continued. “So where’s Suho, Kai, Chen and Baekhyun?” Dara asked again but D.O just shrugged and said,  “Come eat. We can walk to school afterwards.”

“Walk to school? Isn’t school 15 minutes away if we travel by car? How much longer if by foot?” asked Dara. “Hmm… If we walk there, it would probably take us an hour, I think. But don’t worry, I know a shortcut. It’ll only take us thirty minutes if we go there.” D.O explained.

“What?”

“Relax, you’ll be fine; I assure you we won’t be late. It’s only 5:30.”

 


 

“W-we are… n-not going t-there ever a-gain!” D.O kneeled out of exhaustion, trying to catch his breath. “Y-you… s-said I’ll b-be... fine… D-do you t-think I l-look fine t-to you?” Dara panted, wiping her face covered with sweat.

“S-sorry ok?... I haven’t b-been there for a while… How w-would I know t-there are wild dogs there?” They were in front of the school gate, still catching their breaths until Chanyeol came. “Yo guys” — he noticed the two covered in sweat — “Woah! What happened?”

“Chased… by… dogs for 5 blocks!” D.O huffed. “Cool” — Both D.O and Dara glared at Chanyeol — “I mean, that’s unfortunate…”

“Where… are the others… Yeol?” Dara asked while looking behind Chanyeol, trying to breathe steadily.  “Dunno.” he answered casually. The bell rang; it was time for class.

“Well… time for class. I’ll go first, Yeol. Sorry again Dara.” D.O got back to his feet and bowed apologetically to Dara and left the two. Dara was back to normal again, too; she straightened up and fixed her hair a bit.

“Shall we go?” Chanyeol offered his hand, Dara just looked at it. “Oh, right. Sorry” He put down his hand. “Let’s go?”

“Mm.” Dara nodded then the both of them ran towards their room.

 

 

“Good morning Dara.” Suho greeted Dara with his usual smile as she and Chanyeol entered the room and went to their sit.

 

*Seating arrangement (in chapter 5, just posted here again for convenience)*

Teacher

Other Students

 

D.O

Chen

Suho

Xiumin

Sehun

Luhan

Dara

Baekhyun

Chanyeol

Tao

Kris

Lay

Kai

 

 

“Good morning Suho. Good morning guys, you’ve been early today.” Dara smiled as she sat down. She looked at everyone; she noticed that they were busy reading as Suho only greeted her. She looked at Luhan and noticed the title of the book he was reading.

“1001 ninja moves? Eh?” Luhan covered the book he was reading. “I-its nothing. A friend just recommended it to me. I’m just reading out of boredom.”

“O-kay…” Dara looked back and saw Kai reading another strange book. “How to make a girl understand what you mean without hurting her? Kai?”

“Uh... for turning down purposes… hehe…” Dara furrowed her brow. Turning down purposes? Does he have so much secret admirers that he can’t handle it anymore? —Dara brushed the thought.

“I see…” Is only what she can say. She looked at Baekhyun next, who was reading yet another weird book. “How to guard your enemy? Seriously, where did you guys find these weird books?”

“M-my cousin gave this to me… He’s a… sportsmanship…” Baekhyun said, the others stared at him with a ‘wth-look’.

“Sportsmanship??” Dara raised a brow. “I-I mean, he’s a player… in sports… right…  sports player…” Baekhyun mumbled and look at the others and saw the look they were giving him. “I’ll be quiet now…” he looked down in embarrassment.

“Ok class take your seats.” The teacher came on time, the boys yelled thanks in their thoughts.

 

 

Lunch time came. Dara packed her things and about to ask the boys to go eat but when she looked, the seats around her was empty. Weird, she thought. She just shrugged and decided to go to the cafeteria alone.

On her way she saw the two girls who bullied her yesterday, gossiping. They stopped when they saw Dara. “What? Don’t tell me you guys want another fight?”

“N-no!” the second girl stammered as she looked around. Dara raised a brow at them.

“W-we just want t-to say that…” — the first girl paused for a while then took a deep breath — “W-we’re sorry!” like the second girl, the first girl also looked around. Dara wondered why they were doing that so she looked around her herself, but she didn’t see anything. She looked back at the girls but they we’re gone. That’s odd… She thought. She just shrugged and continued to walk towards the cafeteria.

She paused for a moment. Why do I have the feeling I’m being followed? — Dara was about to turn around when someone hugged her from behind.

“Dara~” Dara jumped. She swore that her heart dropped just now. She turned around only to see her best friend. “Bommie~♥” she cheered as the both of them hugged each other. “How are you? Where’s Exo?” Bom started. “I’m fine Bommie. And about Exo, I haven’t seen them since lunch started.”

“Oohhh… Is my Darongie missing Exo?? Hmm??” Bom leaned closer to Dara, wearing her teasing smile. Dara looked away. “W-what are you talking about? Why are you here anyway?”

Bom’s smile slowly faded “So…” She turned away from Dara and released a heavy sigh. Dara looked at Bom — “Ei…” —  she poked Bom’s shoulder. “I’ll go now. Darongie doesn’t want me anymore…” Bom mumbled.

“Ei… Bommie, don’t be like that.” Dara back hugged Bom “I’m sorry.” Dara apologized using her sweetest voice. Bom faced Dara and hugged her back. “Apology accepted~ Let’s go.” Bom grabbed Dara’s hand and pulled her in the opposite direction, away from the cafeteria and going towards the school gate.

“Wait, w-where are we going?” Dara tried to pull her hand back but Bom was stronger than her. Bom faced her and smiled widely. “Bonding!”

“B-but…” Dara tried to protest but Bom’s smile started to fade again. Dara was left with no choice but to accept her bestie’s silly idea, “Ok fine.”

“Yay~” Bom jumped while clapping her hands like a child, but then stopped. Dara wondered. “By the way…” – Bom leaned closer to Dara and whispered in her ear – “You should probably ask permission to your -ehem- bodyguards first.” Bom straightened up and pointed out the boys behind Dara using her pouty lips.

“Bodyguards?” Dara turned to where Bom’s pointing and saw Exo hiding in the bushes. “We’ve been discovered…” Lay looked down. “Hi…” Xiumin smiled and waved at the girls innocently. “Stupid 1001 ninja moves. I’ll never trust you again!” the girls even saw Luhan wearing a bush hat, throwing away his book that Dara saw this morning. “We’re not spying, if that’s what you’re thinking!” Chanyeol defended. Kris whacked Chanyeol’s forehead lightly — “Babo! We’re already discovered. No use denying it now.” Dara giggled, Bom as well.

“Ei, what are you girls giggling about?” Sehun asked curiously as he approached the two ladies. Then Bom bursted out laughing. “Aigoo! Haha. I understand you guys are worried for Darongie, but seriously, walking around following her with that on your heads?” Bom referred to the bush hats Exo has been wearing.

“Hey lady, we made these hats with love!” Kris defended. “Don’t you ladies know how hard it is to see in the dark?” Tao frowned. “Tss… How unappreciative… I’m never gonna wake up early ever again.” Sehun pouted. Seeing their  expressions, Bom had the urge to tease them, “Hoooo… So you guys made the hats… No wonder its ugly. And I’m guessing you guys made it this morning, seeing how green the leaves are. So cuuuutee~  I never thought Exo could be this childish.”

“We are not childish!” Exo said in chorus. Dara laughed at them. Bom was taken aback for a moment; Dara smiled a genuine smile at them.

“UWAAAHHH DARONGIIIEEE!!!” — Bom threw herself at Dara — “YOU SMILED! YOU SMILED! This is the first time I’ve seen you smile like this! Uwaaahh I’m so happy!” Bom released from the hugged and hugged each of the boys saying “Thank you!”

“Aigoo, that’s enough Bommie. You’ll strangle them.” Dara teased; Bom released Chen, the last person she hugged. He coughed a little. “Woops… Mianhe.” Bom smiled at Chen — Chen blushed.

“Let’s go Bommie, I thought we’re going bonding?” Dara smiled. “Oh yeah, let’s go~” Bommie grabbed her hand and intertwined hers with Dara. Dara looked back and saw the boys staring at them.

“Hey! Staring is rude you know.” Dara said,  the boys just looked at each other, asking on what to do next. Dara knew better. “You guys are my bodyguards, right? Instead of hiding there like spies or ninjas, why don’t you just guard me openly?” the boys chuckled, hearing Dara’s words. “Eh… Why are you guys laughing?” Dara pouted.

“Us?” — the boys pointed at themselves — “We’re not laughing.” the boys said innocently in unison. Dara just rolled her eyes jokingly “Whatever.”

“I’ll get the van” Kris offered and went to the parking lot. D.O tried to follow him, “Hey Kris! I know a shortcut! We can walk there and—”

“NO!” all of them disagreed with D.O, especially Dara: “No more shortcuts!”