Sleepover

Kim Jong Kook and the American
Please log in to read the full chapter

He looked around the apartment but she was nowhere to be found. He wondered if she had left because she was angry with him. He thought back on the scene, about how he had ignored her during the broadcast, and again later, when his phone had begun ringing incessantly. Then he thought about the images of Yoon Eun Hye and others that had flashed on the screen – had this made her upset?

He remembered then that they had exchanged phone numbers at the gym that morning. He quickly turned his phone back on and tried to call her, which took several attempts because of his confusion, at first, with the country code he needed to enter. When the call finally went through, he heard it ringing in the living room. He saw it there, on the table near the couch, the screen lighting up from his call. He panicked then. He didn’t know what to do. He turned to the camera crew around him, and when he realized that Jae Won was also gone, he asked if any of them had Jae Won’s number.

But just then, the apartment door opened. She walked in, saw him, and smiled. Jae Won followed close behind with his camera.

“I thought you could use this,” she said, handing him a cup of green tea. “I was going to make some but I’m still getting used to where things are in the kitchen, and then I remembered that there was a little tea place down–”

He kissed her mid-sentence. She quickly embraced his kiss, accepting his, her arms slowly reaching around his body. As he kissed her, he thought about how wrong he had been, and about how she had surprised him yet again.

“What was that about?” she asked, smiling.

He blushed. He wasn’t usually shy with her, but he was at that moment. And that made him think about how different he was with her. Usually, he couldn’t talk to women. He was extremely shy, to a fault. But with her, right from the start, it was different.

“I’m just happy to see you,” he said. He wanted to say so much more, but he did

Please log in to read the full chapter