Questions

Kim Jong Kook and the American
Please log in to read the full chapter

When Jong Kook had a break from taping Running Man that Tuesday afternoon, he checked his phone to see if Jennifer had called. He smiled when he saw her number on the screen and noticed then that she had left him a voice message. He listened to it, his smile soon disappearing as he heard her say goodbye. Just for a few days, she said. He didn’t bother to listen to the rest of the message. He immediately called her, and when she picked up, he asked if she had already left.

“Yeah,” she said. “I’m sorry to have to tell you on the phone.”

“Where are you going?”

“Ji Na ssi thinks we could use some time at the spa.”

“You’re on your way now?”

“Yeah, she’s taking me to a place in Seoul called Spa Lei, I think.” Jennifer told him that because it was a spa only for women, Jae Won couldn’t come. “You should call him,” she said. “Maybe he can join your crew for the next few days.”

Jong Kook told her he would miss her.

After he hung up the phone, he stood there for a moment, thinking about what it would be like to be without her the next few days. They had spent nearly every day together since they met. And he remembered then how crazy he had gone the last time she was away, how he had flown halfway around the world just to see her. He laughed to himself then, imagining himself going crazy tomorrow and barging into the women’s spa. He would manage without her, he thought. He would have to.

When he rejoined the other Running Man members, Kwang Soo asked if that was Jennifer on the phone. Jong Kook nodded, telling him that she would be away the next few days. Kwang Soo then asked if he wanted to hang out with him that night. Maybe with Haha, too, he said. Jong Kook happily agreed.

After the filming wrapped that night, Jong Kook followed Kwang Soo to his apartment and parked out front. His camera crew pulled up behind him in their van, and he saw Jae Won step out then and wave to him. He smiled and waved back.

Kwang Soo set up the karaoke machine and he and Jong Kook began singing Big Bang’s “Haru Haru” together, followed shortly by MBLAQ’s “Daijoubu.” Some of the cameramen joined in and they all sang together, laughing and having a good time.

A little while later, they heard Haha at the door. He had gone home first to check on his son, and as Haha talked to them about his boy, he couldn’t stop smiling. Haha then asked Jong Kook if he was serious about Jennifer, and if marriage and children were in his future. Jong Kook smiled. He said that he was planning on taking her to Jejudo on Wednesday and proposing then. They congratulated him, happy that he had finally found someone. But Haha then asked about children again, and Jong Kook shrugged. “Ama,” he said. Maybe.

As Haha and Kwang Soo drank, they began joking with Jong Kook about what his

Please log in to read the full chapter