Once in a Blue Moon

Kim Jong Kook and the American
Please log in to read the full chapter

Early that evening, Jae Won told Jennifer and Jong Kook that he was taking the night off, and that they would need to contact Jong Kook’s camera crew if they left the apartment. Jennifer nodded and asked where he was going.

He blushed a bit and then said, “I’m meeting up with Sin Yuri ssi.”

Jong Kook and Jennifer quickly glanced at each other and then back at Jae Won. “Oh?” Jennifer asked. “You’re going on a date?”

Jae Won nodded. “We talked on the phone last night for hours,” he said, smiling. He turned to Jong Kook then. “Don’t tell her I told you, but we kind of bonded over our attempts to sabotage you.” He shook his head. “Mianhamnida, but we were both just stupid and lonely.”

Jong Kook didn’t say anything. He had forgiven Jae Won, particularly after he had helped them erase the footage the previous weekend, but Jae Won had just unknowingly confirmed what Jong Kook had suspected – that it was indeed Sin Yuri on those fan boards. Still, he was too happy about his life right now to be angry about something like that.

When Jae Won left, Jong Kook told Jennifer that Jae Won and Yuri were perfect for each other.

“Well, it’s good they found each other then.” She leaned in to kiss him. “And what about us? Should we go out tonight?” She began tugging at his shirt again. “Or should we stay in?”

“You’re insatiable,” he said, laughing.

“Oh! I thought you didn’t know that word!”

“I looked it up,” he said, smiling. He kissed her and then held her face, looking into her eyes for some time. “I have something planned for us next week,” he said. “A big trip.”

“Really? Where?”

“It’s a surprise,” he said. “We’re leaving Wednesday morning.”

“Oh?” She smiled. “I can’t wait,” she said. “And until then?”

“Yeah, I have to go to, uh, Busan tomorrow for a fan event, but we’ll have Sunday free. And then I have Running Man on Monday and Tuesday, of course.”

“Our Running Man episode airs this Sunday, right?”

He nodded. “Yeah, we can stay in Sunday night to watch it.” He remembered then that they had taped the opening of that episode near Banpo Bridge, and he told her then how beautiful the bridge looks at night. “You couldn’t tell that morning,” he said, “but it’s a fountain bridge with all these colored lights.”

When Jennifer asked if he could take her there that evening, he called the camera crew to meet them and they drove north out of Anyang to the Han River shore, finding a spot away from the crowds to watch the fountain display. He put his arm around her as the powerful jets of water sprayed out from the bridge, the di

Please log in to read the full chapter