Back in Anyang

Kim Jong Kook and the American
Please log in to read the full chapter

They arrived at Incheon Airport late Friday night. Gap Jin met them in the terminal and told them that he had been fielding call after call since the letter was posted online and that he had to arrange for security to cordon off the large crowd of fans that had gathered outside the airport. Jong Kook nodded and smiled, proud of his fans for not giving up on him. As they made their way outside, they could hear the crowd erupt in cheers. Jong Kook reached for Jennifer’s hand and walked with her along the barricade, smiling for the cameras and thanking as many fans as he could.

They made it to the limo that was waiting for them, and after they were seated in the back with the two cameramen, Jennifer asked what Gap Jin had said to him at the terminal, and how the fans knew to expect them there at that time, but Jong Kook held his finger to and told her that none of that mattered. “What matters is that we are here, together,” he said.

He tried to kiss her.

“But you held my hand,” she said. “They took pictures. You’re not worried about that?”

“Aniyo,” he said. “There is nothing to worry about. Now be quiet and kiss me.” His aggressiveness caught her by surprise, but he saw her smile as he pulled her toward him and kissed her hard.

When they parted lips, she said, “All this time, you have been so soft. That is the first time I saw you as the Tiger.”

He smiled. “You like that?”

She bit her bottom lip. “More than I’d feel comfortable admitting in front of these cameras,” she whispered.

He could feel the excitement within him rise, and he wanted so badly to throw the cameramen out of the limo and take her on that backseat. But he breathed in deeply and tried to calm himself down. He had hesitated once before with her, that night without the cameras when they had privacy for the first time, and he knew why. He wanted their first time together to be special. He didn’t think that he could wait until their wedding night, but he at least wanted to wait until he proposed. He thought then about when and how he would try proposing again. He had planned the perfect evening last time. He would need a new plan, something just as perfect this time.

When they returned to her apartment in Anyang, Jennifer walked in first as Jong Kook finished texting with Kwang Soo just outside her front door. As he read Kwang Soo’s last text, he could hear Jae Won greet Jennifer inside. It was nearly midnight. Why was Jae Won here, waiting? He gently slid his foot in the door to keep it ajar so that he could hear their conversation. He thought he heard Jae Won say that he missed her. Did he hear right? He walked in then, seeing Jae Won with his camera, as always, filming her as she unpacked her suitcase.

Jae Won was surprised to see Jong Ko

Please log in to read the full chapter