Miss Popular

Project Heartbreaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kris!” HyunA had to stop herself from shrieking when her gaze landed on her mirror reflection. “Really, red hair?!” she pointed to her head. “My mum is so going to kill me when she sees me!”
“I think it looks pretty good on you. I never would have imagined you could pull off such a bold color.” He was wearing one of his brightest smiles, obviously satisfied with what his stylist had done and she could only peep at her reflection through her fringe. If Kris says it’s good, could she say otherwise?

HyunA remained silent as she played with strands of her hair while Kris pulled up to her house. Releasing her seat belt, she slung her bag over her shoulder and was going to get off when he suddenly gripped her wrist. “Although I’m giving you a makeover, don’t think I’m trying to change who you are.”
“Huh?” she looked up in bewilderment.
“This is a makeover to boost your confidence, not change who you really are. Don’t try to change yourself for that guy because someday you’ll get tired of pretending to be who you aren’t and the relationship will fall through if he can’t appreciate the real you.” Kris started leaning in and she held her breath again. He stopped a few inches from her face before gently tucking her hair behind her ear. “You’re the most gorgeous girl I’ve ever seen.” He smiled so genuinely that there was no possibility for an ounce of deceit. She exhaled deeply when he finally pulled away from her. Quickly mumbling a good night, she grabbed the shopping bags and fled for her house without daring to look back.

She didn’t stop running until she got into her room and closed the door, leaning against it for support while her chest heaved up and down dramatically. Kris had just complimented her. He’d always been calling her silly or cute, but for the first time he found her gorgeous. It was like an achievement unlocked and a silly grin plastered itself across HyunA’s face. Rushing over to her full length mirror, she studied her new hairdo. ‘Maybe this doesn’t look so bad after all.’

Tossing and turning in bed, HyunA groaned inwardly and reached for her mobile phone. The screen lit up and revealed that it was long past midnight, yet she didn’t feel a hint of sleepiness. Sitting up in bed, she hugged her pillow and rested her chin on it while thinking about the makeover that Kris had given her. Never in her wildest dream had she thought that she would be doing something so ridiculous. Then again, Myungsoo was in on this game feeding her all these crazy ideas. Slipping off bed, she padded across her room to where the shopping bags still laid beside her closet. Carrying them back to bed, she poured out its contents and pulled out each piece of clothing for inspection. “I thought Kris pointed to the outfits randomly… how can everything be exactly my style?” her eyes sparkled with excitement as she placed each outfit against her body before the mirror. Indeed, it appeared that Kris had selected outfits that suited her personality, except more flattering and chic. “Had he really spent some thoughts before choosing and was careful enough not to put me in uncomfortable clothes despite this being a makeover?”

Looking at her new wardrobe, HyunA nodded her head in satisfaction. She had cleared out her closet space for the new clothes that Kris bought her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter